Hikvision DS-KB6003-WIP Wi-Fi Doorbell chime?

kuchars22

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
SUCCESS! Used Fat32Formatter to force the card to format into FAT32, then the firmware upgrade worked - I'm now testing as we speak! Thanks all for your help - I'll try it out before upgrading to LTS FW.

schford

n3wb
Reaction score
SUCCESS! Used Fat32Formatter to force the card to format into FAT32, then the firmware upgrade worked - I'm now testing as we speak! Thanks all for your help - I'll try it out before upgrading to LTS FW.
could you link to the firmware you used and an explanation of how you flashed - I have exactly the same issue as you camera wont read wifi qr code

thanks

Stuart

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I believe this was the Hikvision build 20170731 firmware that supported QR code scanning. Format microsd card as FAT32, place firmware file on root and restart doorbell to upgrade firmware.

kuchars22

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Exactly that. Though since then I installed the LTS FW. So far, it randomly shuts down wifi and re-connects, and each this happens, the door bell rings - lost count how many times the wife had to put the telly on pause to answer to a phantom visitor! It's only 4m to the router. Can't wait for a PoE version.

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Exactly that. Though since then I installed the LTS FW. So far, it randomly shuts down wifi and re-connects, and each this happens, the door bell rings - lost count how many times the wife had to put the telly on pause to answer to a phantom visitor! It's only 4m to the router. Can't wait for a PoE version.
Interesting results as my RCA did that disconnect/abnormal shutdown until the latest LTS 171219 was applied. Knock on wood, it has only disconnect once in the past 3-4days and I believe that was attributed to my Panasonic microwave thawing something for like 15mins. Double check your voltage from transformer as that was what RCA tech guy told me that it was sensitive to min of 16V or you can experience weird behaviors. I'm sure future firmware updates can fine tune it further as I had same phantom ring until 171219. Maybe the infamous Power Booster optional device and setting in web app will overcome your disconnects.

kuchars22

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Interesting results as my RCA did that disconnect/abnormal shutdown until the latest LTS 171219 was applied. Knock on wood, it has only disconnect once in the past 3-4days and I believe that was attributed to my Panasonic microwave thawing something for like 15mins. Double check your voltage from transformer as that was what RCA tech guy told me that it was sensitive to min of 16V or you can experience weird behaviors. I'm sure future firmware updates can fine tune it further as I had same phantom ring until 171219. Maybe the infamous Power Booster optional device and setting in web app will overcome your disconnects.
Ok thanks for he advice. I have yet to measure the voltage across the doorbell but can do that to tomorrow

spoonek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You can update the firmware via the webpage too.

Howard1969

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've scanned through this thread and unless I've missed something (wouldn't be the first time) I can't see an answer to the bell/transformer/chime wiring question. My query is; surely the bell needs a permanent (2 wire +/-) feed from the transformer as well as a third switched connection to the chime when the bell button is pressed? I'm looking at the Hikvision diagram for this and the bell only has two connections. I'm just wondering if in the chime configuration does the bell work on battery power?

All answers gratefully received.

spoonek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The doorbell part is the normal two wire from the chime. You would disconnect the existing doorbell and connect the new one, assuming the chime and transformer are 16v-24v.

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've scanned through this thread and unless I've missed something (wouldn't be the first time) I can't see an answer to the bell/transformer/chime wiring question. My query is; surely the bell needs a permanent (2 wire +/-) feed from the transformer as well as a third switched connection to the chime when the bell button is pressed? I'm looking at the Hikvision diagram for this and the bell only has two connections. I'm just wondering if in the chime configuration does the bell work on battery power?

All answers gratefully received.
It's not on battery power because your existing bell and chime should be connected to a transformer providing 16V. If you connect your video doorbell and see issues with power then you might need to upgrade to 16V 30VA transformer if you have multiple chimes throughout house or a new 16V 10VA transformer if only a single chime. Example schematic attached.

Attachments

Ip2b

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just curious, and my guess is it's not, but is the SD card within the camera encrypted? With that in mind, do any of the Hikvision cameras that have on-board storage encrypt the video? If not, why not?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just curious, and my guess is it's not, but is the SD card within the camera encrypted? With that in mind, do any of the Hikvision cameras that have on-board storage encrypt the video? If not, why not?
no...encryption takes both time and processing power...for an outdoor doorbell, who cares if someone gets the video...

Howard1969

n3wb
Reaction score
The doorbell part is the normal two wire from the chime. You would disconnect the existing doorbell and connect the new one, assuming the chime and transformer are 16v-24v.
Hi, thanks for the reply. I’m still not understanding this. If we put aside whether I’ve got existing bell/chime/transformer. I don’t see how the Hikvision bell can obtain a permanent electrical feed from a supply and also send a switched feed to a chime when the bell only has 2 connectors for wiring?? Am I missing something bleeding obvious?

Howard1969

n3wb
Reaction score
It's not on battery power because your existing bell and chime should be connected to a transformer providing 16V. If you connect your video doorbell and see issues with power then you might need to upgrade to 16V 30VA transformer if you have multiple chimes throughout house or a new 16V 10VA transformer if only a single chime. Example schematic attached.
Hi, thanks for the reply and diagram (which I don’t follow I’m afraid). I’m still not understanding this. If we put aside whether I’ve got existing bell/chime/transformer. I don’t see how the Hikvision bell can obtain a permanent electrical feed from a supply and also send a switched feed to a chime when the bell only has 2 connectors for wiring?? Am I missing something bleeding obvious?

kuchars22

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When I switch on my 18vac psu, the chime sounds once. This suggests that the chime had detected a sudden voltage increase that then triggered the chime. In my case, frequent rebooting (due to dodgy firmware) will cause the chime to sound when booted up, perhaps when sufficient power is applied to the circuit on startup. So even when the circuit has power it doesn’t trigger the chime until there is a change in voltage from when the WiFi doorbell is pressed. In a traditional push-button, the circuit has power - but only when the gate on the circuit is closed by the push-button.

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the reply and diagram (which I don’t follow I’m afraid). I’m still not understanding this. If we put aside whether I’ve got existing bell/chime/transformer. I don’t see how the Hikvision bell can obtain a permanent electrical feed from a supply and also send a switched feed to a chime when the bell only has 2 connectors for wiring?? Am I missing something bleeding obvious?
think of it like a bell push that has a light in it, when the button is pushed the circuit is closed and the bell sounds when the circut is open the light shines, the bell will allow the voltage to flow through to the button and this is how the light or hik doorbell is powered and why it has to be a mechanical chime
see page 3,
http://www.hikvision.com/uploadfile/image/11089_CUserswuqianyiDesktop临时KB6003UD04258BSpecofDSKB6003WIPWiFiDoorbellV1.4.620170519.pdf

Anoop

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello
New joiner. Just purchased this doorbell and I have the issue with to low a current to the bell causing it to reboot when pressed.
I would also have the need for a chime to sound.
Could someone be so kind to post links to what transformer, chime and enclosure I would need unless their is already a mechanical chime in existence. I am based in the UK.
At the moment I have had it 2 weeks and its gathering dust.
Thinking the wireless Ring may of been easier route :)

Thank you

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello
Could someone be so kind to post links to what transformer, chime and enclosure I would need unless their is already a mechanical chime in existence. I am based in the UK.

Thank you
i posted the transformer and chime i use in this thread go back to page one.....