Hikvision DS-KB6003-WIP Wi-Fi Doorbell chime?

Howard1969

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone, thanks to you all for getting back to me & apologies it's been a few days. I installed the bell on Saturday using my exisiting AC transformer and chime (these probably date from the 90's by the look of them) and everything worked fine first time. I'm still not 100% on how the bell utilises its two connections for both power and to signal the chime but it works so I've put my curiosity to one side for now. Got to say I'm really impressed with the image from the bell camera and how it integrates into the Hik Connect app I already use for my IP camera system. Thanks again for your input.

Anoop

n3wb
Reaction score
So just to confirm there is no one solution mechanical chime I can pick off the self? I mean my current Friedland unit includes a transformer and a chime. I was wondering if their was a all in one unit I could replace it with.
Or links to a housing, transformer and chime that all fit in together.

Ideally im looking to take my old mechanical unit down and put a new unit in, and then connect the wires.

Thank you

Anoop

n3wb
Reaction score

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looking to get transformer https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00K1CWEUG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1KGIBHIUSPLLS&psc=1
and Housing unit with chime https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001GU89CO/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

Will this work?

My understanding is that 240v goes to the transformer, and I should connect the doorbell to the 24v (holes 1 and 4) and then connect the chime in the unit to 8v (holes 1 and 2).
yes they should be ok.

you will connect the chime and the bell on the 24vac line see the wiring diagram on the pdf i posted here - Hikvision DS-KB6003-WIP Wi-Fi Doorbell chime?

as the input voltage affects the output voltage you maybe able to use the 12vac line, connect the power supply and meter the output voltages, the first one i got putout nearly 30vac the 18v power supply kicks out 20vac, there is a post on amazons reviews where he says he is getting 18.5vac on the 24volt output

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
British General supply quotes 24V at 0.333A the hikvision requires 0.6A so it may cause issues, with VAC you get more tolerances, so the chime i have is 8vac and when you press the door bell it gets hit with 20vac and it works fine.

Anoop

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks All
So my transformer and byron 772 wired door chime arrived.

So I connected the mains to the bottom of the transformer and then connected the hikvision doorbell wires to the 24v. (Holes 1 and 4)

I guess I then connect a chime to holes 1 and 2 (for 8v) or 1 and 3 (for 12v)?

Also can anyone recommend a unit to out the transformer and chime in? The transformer does not fit in the 772 housing unit
IMG-20180301-WA0022.jpeg 15199396357526541709254733638809.jpg

Attachments

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks All
So my transformer and byron 772 wired door chime arrived.

So I connected the mains to the bottom of the transformer and then connected the hikvision doorbell wires to the 24v. (Holes 1 and 4)

I guess I then connect a chime to holes 1 and 2 (for 8v) or 1 and 3 (for 12v)?
connect the chime on the return with out the hik doorbell supplied resistor in line, so 1 to hik doorbell then hik doorbell to chime then chime to 4.
i would also meter the output on the powersupply to see what the actual output voltage is.

Anoop

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you.

Just to confirm with or without the resistor? So hole 1 connected from the doorbell, the other doorbell lead to the chime, and then from the chime to hole 4 (24v)

Also anyone know how to have 2 phones connected to the HikVision doorbell?

For now I installed the hik connect software on mine and my partners phone with the same hikvision user name and password.
Do I need to add her a mobile number anywhere?
My hikvision account has my mobile number but not my partners.

Finally i can set motion detection on and get alerts. How do I set an alert zone?

Thank you so much. Really appreciate the help

So far since connecting It works on my phone (minus chime) . Picture quality seems amazing. Have a lampost outside my house and so night vision very Good too.

copex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you.

Just to confirm with or without the resistor? So hole 1 connected from the doorbell, the other doorbell lead to the chime, and then from the chime to hole 4 (24v)

Also anyone know how to have 2 phones connected to the HikVision doorbell?
without the resistor. you only need the load resistor if no chime is been used

you wife would create an hik connect account and you can then share the door bell to her account, the software dose not use telephone number it pushes a notification via ip so you could leave both phone on one account.

Anoop

n3wb
Reaction score
Masmith22, did you just install hik connect on the 2nd phone and use the same username?

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
is there a way to desactivate the IR led ? , very bad reflective IR

BICK

Anoop

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you.

Does anyone know the difference between the Friedland D3230 and the Byron 772 chime I bought?
The 772 is plastic wrapped and will need to cut it.
Is the bell of the 772 removable thus allowing me to connect it to my newly added transformer?
The D3230 is fixed.

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the power boost actually does? I'm having a lot of stability issue but I'm using a 24v transformer so I'm reluctant to enable the power boost as I'm already on the high end of the power for the camera.