Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME - New video doorbell

Max001

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does the indoor station DS-KH8350 support Dahua IP cameras? (Someone wrote in this topic that he could not add the rtsp stream of his dahua ip cameras into the hikvison indoor monitor.)

If yes, is it possible to get the stream of the ip cameras instantly if someone rings at the door (without changing from the hikvision KD8003 stream to the ip camera stream by pressing the button on the indoor screen)?

Thanks in advance!!
Max

Pruimen

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks like a fine intercom. Is it possible to open smart locks on batteries with this intercom and the matching inside monitor?

Cpjcutts

n3wb
Reaction score
So after months of headaches I managed to figure out the issue. Although solving the issue is still a mystery and an accident.

So I had two problems first was the doorbell/intercom not ringing through to Hikconnect when someone pressed it.

2nd was although I was getting notifications for motion, it did not show thumbnail photos.

So while I was scratching my head on the none ringing issue, I set out to solve the thumbnail problem. On here I managed to find a comment made by someone that thumbnails not working on iphones is because you need to set the substream to H264, all My Cameras except the door cameras where H265. So I changed this and bang. All thumbnails where working.

Later that day someone pressed my door intercom button and for the first time in I dont know how long. It actually called my phone! Sonit seems that having some cameras on H264 and H265 causes issues. I didnt know about this. But its pretty poor from Hikvision. Even more so is the lack of knowledge from them to resolve this. Great thing is its working now. But frustrating that this new kit is badly rolled out.

Nillens

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm a newbie here and as everyone else I have some questions.
I have the DS-KD8003 doorbell wich is connected with the DS-KH6320 indoor station on POE. I also have 2 ip camera's (DS-2CD2345FWD) that are connected to an DS7604NI-K1). Everything works fine but I can't add the camera's to my indoor station. If I open my Hik connect app I can see my camera's, my doorbell but when I add them to the indoor station, they won't connect. Camera's and doorbell are all on the same intern network and I can also connect to them when I'm away so that's o problem.
On the indoor station there are some things like SIP protocol.. do I need that?
I'm stuck. Anyone?

Paskalou

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm a newbie here and as everyone else I have some questions.
I have the DS-KD8003 doorbell wich is connected with the DS-KH6320 indoor station on POE. I also have 2 ip camera's (DS-2CD2345FWD) that are connected to an DS7604NI-K1). Everything works fine but I can't add the camera's to my indoor station. If I open my Hik connect app I can see my camera's, my doorbell but when I add them to the indoor station, they won't connect. Camera's and doorbell are all on the same intern network and I can also connect to them when I'm away so that's o problem.
On the indoor station there are some things like SIP protocol.. do I need that?
I'm stuck. Anyone?

Hi,
Try to change h265 to h264, that should help you.

Restres

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to connect cameras not from Hikvision? I have several ACTi cameras, I connect them via the ONVIF protocol, but viewing through the panel crashes with an error. However, viewing through the Hikconnect application works fine (as an additional panel channel).

Nillens

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to connect cameras not from Hikvision? I have several ACTi cameras, I connect them via the ONVIF protocol, but viewing through the panel crashes with an error. However, viewing through the Hikconnect application works fine (as an additional panel channel).
Which error do u get?

Restres

n3wb
Reaction score
are all your camera's on the same local ip range? Like example 196.155.2.22, 196.155.2.23, enz... the indoor station uses port 554
Yes, 192.x.x.20-25 IP range. I'm added 4 camera to Intercom panel, 3 Hikvision camera and 1 ACTi:
1.png

Hikvision cameras works fine on panel and in Hikconnect app, ACTi cam works only in Hikconnect app as panel linked camera:
2.png

So, if Hikconnect app can connect and show image from ACTi cam there is no problem with IP and ONVIF on ACTi cam, problem hidden in a panel.

KamirZG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,
I try to setup card reader module (DS-DK-M) to work with main module (DS-KD8003-IME1).
I use "Video Intercom Module Door Station" manual paper. I've connected main module and card reader according to manual's section "4.3" via connecting interface(rs482), submodule address is "2".
It seems that sub-module is powered properly, if i swipe an unauthorized card is respond with beep (IFAIU this means non authorized).
I try to follow section "5.8", But I can't find cardreader module in ivms app. When I open AccessControll->Organization->Person->AddCard->CardReaderMode->AccessControlReader popup menu,
this menu is empty. It seems that something is wrong in my setup or actions. Please elaborate what should I do to fix my issue.
My main purpose is to understand how to issue/revoke cards

If you are using just one module ( card reader) then you must assign him adress one, beucase main module ( KD-8003 ) don't use adress. Then you go to Person, create organization, user and add card.

After that you must create Acces group and add organization/person adn assign them do specific doors. It's working perfectly.

KamirZG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I haven't heard that from HIk tehnical support, just some experience. Electric bolt sometimes uses 250mA, and if you don't use diode it could easly do damage to your outdoor unit.

But that's my opinion. I belive that you should always use external power for things like that.

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I haven't heard that from HIk tehnical support, just some experience. Electric bolt sometimes uses 250mA, and if you don't use diode it could easly do damage to your outdoor unit.

But that's my opinion. I belive that you should always use external power for things like that.
Do you mean that even to the open contact with other power suply for the door opener need to be a diode?

KamirZG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You are not required to do that but it would be nice, i learned that at my old firm. Older colleague that's working this job over 20 years told me to use diode always.

That's expanding life time, not doing damage to electric bolt if there is some problems with electriciy.