Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME - New video doorbell

jbaudrion

n3wb
Reaction score
According to the Hikvision system diagram higher up, the 8003 can be used without any indoor station. I don't know if that's true, or if true whether any functionality would be missing.
Thanks for your reply. Do you also know if normal setup (8003 outdoor + 6320 indoor station) allows multiple IOS devices to get notifications at the same time ?

Many thanks,
JDB

ztm

n3wb
Reaction score
I know that the DS-KB8112-im supports standalone mode which means I can install it at my gate and have it notifying my ios devices via push notification (using HIK-Connect) WITHOUT the use of any indoor station. Do you know if the same behavior is possible with your outdoor station (DS-KD8003-IME1/EU ...) ?
No, it's not possible with the KD8003-IME1. As far as I know from the 2nd generation lineup the DS-KV6113 is the only one that can be used as a standalone outdoor device directly and only with HikConnect. All others requires at least one indoor station.
Though it's absolutely OK for villas without any sub-module, looks pretty cool, the DS-KD8003-IME1 is specially for apartment houses in modular setup. You can not even add it to your HikAccount. Only indoor stations are valid choices. (Just think of a 4-apartment house. One resident is registering the KD8003, what 'bout the others?)
Without an indoor station by pressing the call button you will receive a "Calling failed." message.
If you don't want to see it get the cheapest KH6320-TE1, mute it, hide it, forget it. But 1st connect it to your KD8003 and register it with HikConnect.

And yes, as ipOsX has answered max. of 6 users can live view the outdoor station. Be it max. 6 indoor stations / apartment (1 master and 5 slave) or max. 6 HikConnect users.
But the 2nd gen. works well now with shared HikConnect accounts. And you can give different permissions to the shared users. Or if you are a family, it's easier to use the same HikConnect account.

jbaudrion

n3wb
Reaction score
ok, so only the DS-KB8112-im can do it ... (video here in russian unfortunately: ) . Too bad, I liked the KD8003-ime1 look better ...

Thanks anyway.
JDB

painy

n3wb
Reaction score
So I bought the indoor station. In the settings there is a reference to a lipsip2-3.6.0 (oSIP). Could that be the SIP protocol they are useing when selecting SIP protocol rather than private? Still trying to get the doorbell to work without the slow indoor station and with freePBX

curmudgeon

n3wb
Reaction score
@painy,

I am in the same boat. I have a door station and no indoor station. I had an older version of freepbx and was unable to get the video function to work. But I was also unable to get 2 softphones to use video either, so I assumed it was an issue with the ancient asterisk.

So I installed a brand-new version of freepbx in a vm. Softphones and desktop phones work fine with audio and video. The door station exhibits exactly the behavior you described: makes a call, the call gets truncated after answering, and the door station keeps ringing for a while. So weird. Same vlan, no firewall.

Video works just fine over rtsp. [But, I did notice an interesting thing which I confirmed with Hik support: if you set up the system with the Hik Protocol, you get 1080p video on the main stream. In SIP mode, you get 720p, and no option for 1080p. I guess they assume the video is only going to sip endpoints instead of an NVR. Their indoor station is only 1024x600 anyway. But that's dumb.]

On my old pbx, the door station would make a voice call successfully. No video, but at least audio, and it would not do that weird keep-ringing thing. I've been trying to figure out the differences between the sip conversation on both systems. I know that the old system used chan_sip and the new one is pjsip, but creating chan_sip extensions on the new system didn't help either. I know it isn't codecs and other obvious stuff. I'm at a loss as to how they claim sip compliance.

curmudgeon

n3wb
Reaction score
Update... I forgot that chan_sip is on 5160. Switching the door station extension to chan_sip, it is able to make a voice call to both chan_sip and chan_pjsip extensions. Two-way audio works correctly. I can get video to work only if I initiate the video from the other endpoint. Trying to see how I can get this thing to force video initially...

Edit: If I call a softphone (Linphone client), I get video, but it takes about 15 seconds for the first frame to show up, which is totally unusable. I can't ask a guest to count to 15 together until I can see who they are. :) My Polycom desk phones do not receive video, but they are troublesome anyway. I will play with other sip endpoints... But at least by using chan_sip, I have some progress...

Last edited:

dmcgowan

n3wb
Reaction score
I have just installed a new Gen 2 system - KD8003 camera module and 2 x KH6320 indoor stations. Almost got it working but stumped by how to make it ring on both indoor stations?

I used iVMS to configure the three devices so they "see" each other. Also got Hik-Connect working on both iOS and Android. Can call from indoor station 1 to 2, and vice versa. Can live view from both stations - so it all feels connected and working.

BUT... When the front doorbell is pushed - the two connected phones get a Hik-Connect notification - but only indoor station 1 is activated - indoor station 2 stays silent?

Have tried googling and looking around in iVMS and Hik-Connect but can't for the life of me see how get the doorbell to trigger both indoor stations when pushed? As far as I can see both are set up the same in both places?

Sure it is something small but would really appreciate anyone's insights on how to make it ring on both indoor stations at once?

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have just installed a new Gen 2 system - KD8003 camera module and 2 x KH6320 indoor stations. Almost got it working but stumped by how to make it ring on both indoor stations?

I used iVMS to configure the three devices so they "see" each other. Also got Hik-Connect working on both iOS and Android. Can call from indoor station 1 to 2, and vice versa. Can live view from both stations - so it all feels connected and working.

BUT... When the front doorbell is pushed - the two connected phones get a Hik-Connect notification - but only indoor station 1 is activated - indoor station 2 stays silent?

Have tried googling and looking around in iVMS and Hik-Connect but can't for the life of me see how get the doorbell to trigger both indoor stations when pushed? As far as I can see both are set up the same in both places?

Sure it is something small but would really appreciate anyone's insights on how to make it ring on both indoor stations at once?
Have you got the panels correctly numbered? You should have only one "Indoor Station" [the Master Station] with any further panels designated as Indoor Extension 1, 2 etc.
And the extensions need to be IP-linked to the Master Station, not the Door Station.

dmcgowan

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you got the panels correctly numbered? You should have only one "Indoor Station" [the Master Station] with any further panels designated as Indoor Extension 1, 2 etc.
And the extensions need to be IP-linked to the Master Station, not the Door Station.
Thank you!
I have them both as Master Stations I think. Will try slaving one to the other.
Cheers

UPDATE - worked - thanks for the guidance

Last edited:

painy

n3wb
Reaction score
Update... I forgot that chan_sip is on 5160. Switching the door station extension to chan_sip, it is able to make a voice call to both chan_sip and chan_pjsip extensions. Two-way audio works correctly. I can get video to work only if I initiate the video from the other endpoint. Trying to see how I can get this thing to force video initially...

Edit: If I call a softphone (Linphone client), I get video, but it takes about 15 seconds for the first frame to show up, which is totally unusable. I can't ask a guest to count to 15 together until I can see who they are. :) My Polycom desk phones do not receive video, but they are troublesome anyway. I will play with other sip endpoints... But at least by using chan_sip, I have some progress...
Dangit, should have tried harder to figure it out, nice work :D. I gave up and already bought the intercom. I'll give your setup a go whenever I find the time. See if I get te same problems

pipa2493

n3wb
Reaction score
@painy,

I am in the same boat. I have a door station and no indoor station. I had an older version of freepbx and was unable to get the video function to work. But I was also unable to get 2 softphones to use video either, so I assumed it was an issue with the ancient asterisk.

So I installed a brand-new version of freepbx in a vm. Softphones and desktop phones work fine with audio and video. The door station exhibits exactly the behavior you described: makes a call, the call gets truncated after answering, and the door station keeps ringing for a while. So weird. Same vlan, no firewall.

Video works just fine over rtsp. [But, I did notice an interesting thing which I confirmed with Hik support: if you set up the system with the Hik Protocol, you get 1080p video on the main stream. In SIP mode, you get 720p, and no option for 1080p. I guess they assume the video is only going to sip endpoints instead of an NVR. Their indoor station is only 1024x600 anyway. But that's dumb.]

On my old pbx, the door station would make a voice call successfully. No video, but at least audio, and it would not do that weird keep-ringing thing. I've been trying to figure out the differences between the sip conversation on both systems. I know that the old system used chan_sip and the new one is pjsip, but creating chan_sip extensions on the new system didn't help either. I know it isn't codecs and other obvious stuff. I'm at a loss as to how they claim sip compliance.
@painy

I have the same problem( I press Call button on DS-KD8003-IME and my softphone Ringing, but when I press Answer, door station keeps ringing and I nothing hear. How can I solve this problem?

Can you help me?

dafiesch

n3wb
Reaction score
HI - I'm jumping on this train as I found the answers provided by the community here very helpful so far - maybe someone can nudge me in the right direction on this..

I'm looking for a way to trigger the output Relay (door opener) on the DS-KD8003-IME1 from a non-hikvision device / app (DS-KH8350-WTE1 works as does the Hik-Connect app).
The background: I'm recoring the door cam (and a few others) on my Synology NAS and am then displaying the images on a large tablet in the kitchen area on my home automation console (iobroker).
I would like to be able to add a feature to the GUI to open the door (as you would see someone coming up to the door).
I do think that since the device is implementing ISAPI (and pulling from it with RTSP works) that you would be able to trigger that through a http (port 80) or https (port 8000) call.

However, the connections are all refused when you try to connect to those ports.. I'm getting the feeling that this was locked down by Hikvision and is only available from iVMS, the connected Door Station and / or HikConnect... Unfortunatly, my researches did not turn up anything useful on this.

Can someone tell me if there is a way to send REST calls to the DS-KD8003? or to the indoor station as a proxy?

Zeonet

n3wb
Reaction score
I also bought DS-KD8003-IME1 and looking for a solution without Hikvision native internal monitor.

I'm looking for a way to trigger the output Relay (door opener) on the DS-KD8003-IME1 from a non-hikvision device / app (DS-KH8350-WTE1 works as does the Hik-Connect app).
Maybe we can send a specific packet for door opening? But we need to intercept this packet first.

Dangit, should have tried harder to figure it out, nice work :D. I gave up and already bought the intercom.
@painy , you did also a very good job! BTW, can you intercept the packets of the door opening command from monitor to DS-KD8003-IME1 via Wireshark and give us for investigation? Or any other packets as well. Thank you in advance!

asp

n3wb
Reaction score
-Is it possible to use analog doorbell or chime together with DS-KD8003-IME, i.e. when the call button is pressed, an analog doorbell would chime?
@jlikonen Did you ever get an answer to this question? I'm really interested in knowing if it is possible to do something like this wiring diagram of DS-KB6403, maybe with the 2-wire version of the DS-KD8003+DS-KAD706?

Paskalou

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am using KD8003 + KH8350
Which electric locks did you use ?
I am looking at this one : DS-K4H258|Value Series|Hikvision
Do you have any experience in ?

If you have another model, let me know. ;o)

Paskalou
Do i need to add 12V DC PSU ? I don't think so...Could you confirm ?
I bought an Exit Button : DS-K7P02|Push Buttons|Hikvision
I thought that I need to wire Magnetic Lock and Exit Button to each other....

1.jpg2.jpg

Paskalou

edit : Maybe the figure about "Door Magnetic Wiring" isn't for connecting/deconnecting DS-K4H258|Value Series|Hikvision and it's just to control if there is a contact ?
and NC1/NO1 is for opening the door after pressing button (or allowing it) ?

Last edited:

painy

n3wb
Reaction score
@Zeonet I have a capture from my router. Tried looking at it but figuring out packets is beyond my knowledge. Is it smart for me to just share it on this forum security wise?

Cpjcutts

n3wb
Reaction score
Good day everyone, I hope someone can help. I have this system all setup and running nicely. I am about to add the maglock at some point and already have the access cards and fobs ready to go. But that is another story.
The issue I have is with Hikconnect app on a Samsung Galaxy s10+ running the latest android 10 software. The problem I get is that it is not receiving calls when the door button is pressed. I have the latest hikconnect software from Hikvisions website (not google play as its out date) all ports are working correctly that I can see. Hikvision blame samsung, Samsung blame Hikvision. It does seem to be an app problem as I have a similar issue with another app called Vonage. which diverts my VOIP calls to my phone. They acknowledge the issue and are working on a fix. Iphones seem to work with no issues. Is anyone else running Android devices with no problems?

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good day everyone, I hope someone can help. I have this system all setup and running nicely. I am about to add the maglock at some point and already have the access cards and fobs ready to go. But that is another story.
The issue I have is with Hikconnect app on a Samsung Galaxy s10+ running the latest android 10 software. The problem I get is that it is not receiving calls when the door button is pressed. I have the latest hikconnect software from Hikvisions website (not google play as its out date) all ports are working correctly that I can see. Hikvision blame samsung, Samsung blame Hikvision. It does seem to be an app problem as I have a similar issue with another app called Vonage. which diverts my VOIP calls to my phone. They acknowledge the issue and are working on a fix. Iphones seem to work with no issues. Is anyone else running Android devices with no problems?
Have you Upgrade the Samsung to Android 10 and made factory settings? I have Test it at another Phone and After i Reset it worked.