Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME - New video doorbell

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You are not required to do that but it would be nice, i learned that at my old firm. Older colleague that's working this job over 20 years told me to use diode always.

That's expanding life time, not doing damage to electric bolt if there is some problems with electriciy.
Can you share the type of diode and connection ?Thanks.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Max001

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anybody know which wires one should use in order to connect a 12v doorbell to the Indoor Station DS-KH8350. I still couldn't figure it out. Do we have to additionally connect a 12v power supply to the monitor which is already connected by POE?

maximosm

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does anybody know which wires one should use in order to connect a 12v doorbell to the Indoor Station DS-KH8350. I still couldn't figure it out. Do we have to additionally connect a 12v power supply to the monitor which is already connected by POE?
For my project using poe cat 7 cable + 12v extra cable for the door strike.

Max001

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@maximosm: Thank you for your quick answer but I want to connect a 12v doorbell to the Indoor Station DS-KH8350 via the alarm_out pin and don't know where to connect the other wire and if one has to connect a 12v power supply in order to make this work. (My question is about the indoor station terminal).

KamirZG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@maximosm: Thank you for your quick answer but I want to connect a 12v doorbell to the Indoor Station DS-KH8350 via the alarm_out pin and don't know where to connect the other wire and if one has to connect a 12v power supply in order to make this work. (My question is about the indoor station terminal).
You need to connect wired to AIN1 and GND ( see back side of indoor unit ). And you don't need any power supply. Indoor unit produces doorbell sound.

Max001

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@KamirZG Thank you for your quick reply. I have a 12v doorbell which I want to mount on another floor so we can hear if someone is ringing outside. I know that I have to use the AlarmOut pin AO1 (back side of indoor unit) but don't know any further.

KamirZG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok. You connect + from power supply to doorbell +, - from power supply to GND on indoor unit and connect wire from AIN1 to - on doorbell.

That's it.

Max001

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok. You connect + from power supply to doorbell +, - from power supply to GND on indoor unit and connect wire from AIN1 to - on doorbell.

That's it.
Are you sure that I should connect the doorbell to the AIN1? I would have connected it to the AO1 (alarm output) because a doorbell is like a speaker, it can only ring (there is no button on it).

KamirZG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yea sorry, i misunderstand you ( was thinking about button). You are right, you connect to AO1 and program indoor unit to trigger relay 1 when call happens.

Nillens

n3wb
Reaction score
Just Asking, is there a Free alternative software for the IVMS4200 from Hikvision that works on a Mac, I really don't like the software....

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Because I tested 3 different intercoms (newest second generation HIK DS-KD8003, newest Dahua DHI-VTO2202F-P, newest Doorbell D1101V) on my desk in the same time - I can put this picture to comparison.
Left UP is HIK intercom, Left DOWN is Doorbird, Right UP is Dahua Starlight cam (5442) and Right DOWN is Dahua intercom.

Doorbird has worst noise (no noise reduction at all), HIK intercom is second worst one.. Dahua intercom and cam have the best image.

Attachments

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Doorbird D1101V was 671.00 Euro (flushed mounted, salt resistant front) and it has the worst image quality and mobile app speed over LTE.
It has big backlighted bell button and IR which can works all night. It overheats.
It send one mobile notification to IOS devices. Notification don't contain any picture.
It uses server located in Germany (no P2P/open ports config). It works as standalone device (no indoor station requirement).
Open documented API, working web hooks, big number of integrations (Web, ONVIF, RTSP, MJPEG, most popular home automation system have integration with Doorbird)...
Configuration only via mobile app.

HIK DS-KD8003 was about 210 euro with flush mounted frame. Second worst image. Good speed in mobile app over LTE.
It has big backlighted bell button and IR which can work all night. No overheat problems.
It send one mobile notification to IOS devices. Notification don't contain any picture.
It uses P2P or open ports. It DON'T WORK as standalone device - it require HIK indoor station - which works as voice server, push notification server and proxy to HIK Connect (P2P).
HIK offers many models of indoor station (for 120-250 euro extra) - and the more expensive have nice look, good screen technology (IPS) and modern User Interface.
This model is not ONVIF compliant (only HIK private protocol + RTSP), there is no web config page (closed port 80), no open documented API.
Some options can be setup over IVMS (more on PC, less on Mac), the rest is configured in indoor station.

Dahua DHI-VTO2202F-P was about 300 euro with flush mounted frame. The best image. Good speed in mobile app over LTE.
It has metal round bell button which is NOT backlighted. IR turns on only for 30 second after someone push bell button at night. No overheats problems.
It uses P2P or open ports. It WORKs as standalone device (no indoor station requirement).
Dahua offers many models of indoor station (180-220 euro extra), but all are very cheap looking, old screen technology (TFT) and very ancient User Interface.
ONVIF compilant, SIP server&client, works with external SIP servers, RTSP, MJPEG... I found documentation for Dahua web API - but web hook implementation is more complicated.
Configuration via web config page. Mac SmartPSS see this intercom but don't offer any device config/live view...

Last edited:

plusplus

n3wb
Reaction score
hi everyone, do you know how can I control the second relay on main door station (DS-KD8003-IME1) ? From iVMS4200 I can set 3 passwords but all these passwords controls the first relay on main door station.
Also I do not see in the iVMS4200 any option to associate a PIN/password for first relay (door) and a different one for second relay (door)
Hi cevamisto.
I have the same problem with KD8003... Did you solved this? I am very interested in the use of Mifare badges and the two door opening relays.

Flashlight

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

could anyone help me to connect a non-Hikvision IP Cam to my DS-KH6320 via Onvif?
I just can't get the camera connected.
I've been trying to solve the problem for days now, but without success.

My Setup:
-DS-KD8003-IME1
-DS-KH6320-WTE1
-Switch DS-3E0105P-E
-Camera: Reolink RLC-410-5MP from Amazon
-IVMS V3.2.1.6

After adding a new Onvif connection with IVMS to my DS-KH6320,
viewing the cam through the panel crashes with error "Live view failed. Connection exception occurred."

I allready checked the IP address to the same range and also MPEG Standard is H264.
Does anyone have an idea what else might cause this problem?

steve1225, you wrote, tha tDS-KD8003 is not ONVIF compliant:

...This model is not ONVIF compliant (only HIK private protocol + RTSP), there is no web config page (closed port 80), no open documented API.
Where did you get this information?
I thought Hikvision had already released this feature?

Thank you very much

Tom

KamirZG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi jlikomen. Have you found a solution to use the 2 relays?

Solution is to enable door 2 relay via IVMS config.

1589799979268.png

Click on IO output and you will see door 2. Just enable it as door lock.

btw. in picture is 1gen outdoor with 1 relay, but it's the same spot for config.

KamirZG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

could anyone help me to connect a non-Hikvision IP Cam to my DS-KH6320 via Onvif?
I just can't get the camera connected.
I've been trying to solve the problem for days now, but without success.

My Setup:
-DS-KD8003-IME1
-DS-KH6320-WTE1
-Switch DS-3E0105P-E
-Camera: Reolink RLC-410-5MP from Amazon
-IVMS V3.2.1.6

After adding a new Onvif connection with IVMS to my DS-KH6320,
viewing the cam through the panel crashes with error "Live view failed. Connection exception occurred."

I allready checked the IP address to the same range and also MPEG Standard is H264.
Does anyone have an idea what else might cause this problem?

Thank you very much

Tom

With new FW 2.1.2 there is enabled ONVIF protocol, but it won't wor with all cameras. We tried with Avigilon but it wasn't working.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

I have Dahua NVR - so it didn't find this HIK intercom. Also Mac version of IVMS can't find it automatically (autoscan) - only by manual add and specifying IP address by hand.
ONVIF uses port 80 (it's http based protocol - with extra support on RTSP side) and this device don't have web config page - port 80 is closed - so also ONVIF don't work.