Hikvision DS-KD8003-IME - New video doorbell

Flashlight

n3wb
Reaction score
In IVMS (V3.2.1.6) it´s possible to generate a XML file with cam settings that can be used for import too.
Device Management->DS-KH6320->Intercom->IP Camera Information.
(like attached)

Therefore, add a new cam manually and export it by click the export button.
You can edit all settings in xml file with windows editor and save it.
After that, the file can be used for import again.

I have tried many different settings, but that didn't work either.
It's just completely frustrating.

Any ideas?

Attachments

plusplus

n3wb
Reaction score
Solution is to enable door 2 relay via IVMS config.

View attachment 61929

Click on IO output and you will see door 2. Just enable it as door lock.

btw. in picture is 1gen outdoor with 1 relay, but it's the same spot for config.

I KamirZG.
I allready enable 2 doors relay via iVMS.
Everything works very well when I want to open the 2 doors via indoor station or Hik-connect and smartphone.
The problem is when I want to define a mifare card in the "acces control" menu to open "door1" or "door2". In this case it only appears "door1" in iVMS.

1589832581986.png

Flashlight

n3wb
Reaction score
Today i tested my system (DS-KD8003-IME1 with 2x DS-KH6320-WTE1) under real conditions and I'm surprised about the extremely poor sound quality.
It seems to be rather the DS-KH6320 that brings a bad sound to the DS-KD8003. The other direction is okay.
Of course I did not expect a hifi-sound level, but this sound is absolutely horrible, very distorted and much too quiet. No matter what settings i try with IVMS.
It sounds like someone is dying on the other side...

Have you ever tested the soundquality of your system?

Thx

KamirZG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Today i tested my system (DS-KD8003-IME1 with 2x DS-KH6320-WTE1) under real conditions and I'm surprised about the extremely poor sound quality.
It seems to be rather the DS-KH6320 that brings a bad sound to the DS-KD8003. The other direction is okay.
Of course I did not expect a hifi-sound level, but this sound is absolutely horrible, very distorted and much too quiet. No matter what settings i try with IVMS.
It sounds like someone is dying on the other side...

Have you ever tested the soundquality of your system?

Thx
We are working with 2gen HIK VISION intercom for some time and sound quality was never a problem. It has some problem when you have buildings with 120+ apartments but sound was never a problem.
I know that sound can be bad when your power is not on the level, you are using PoE switch?

Flashlight

n3wb
Reaction score
We are working with 2gen HIK VISION intercom for some time and sound quality was never a problem. It has some problem when you have buildings with 120+ apartments but sound was never a problem.
I know that sound can be bad when your power is not on the level, you are using PoE switch?

Hi KamirZG,

yes, I tried two different POE switches. TP-Link TL-SG108PE and Hikvision DS-3E0105P-E.
And also with additional external 12V power supply directly on DS-KH6320.

In all cases the same result. The sound is just much to quiet and extremely distorted.

Maybe this is a firmware bug. I don´t know. It´s really annoying.

My firmware is:
-DS-KD8003-IME1 ->V2.0.8 build 191120 - HW-version 0x1101
-DS-KH6320-WTE1/EU -> V2.1.2 build 191118 - HW-version 0x1700

Maybe someone else has the same problems?

KamirZG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
after a complete reset of the DS-KD8003 ("Restore All" - button in iVMS) the sound is ok now !
If you had upgraded FW to 2.0.8 and 2.1.2 you need to factory reset. We had a lot of headache before that, date would be wrong, call won't work...

Max001

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@KamirZG: How can one do a factory reset? Is this the "restore all" button in IVMS or is this a hardware button on the module which one has to press for some seconds?

Max001

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is anyone know the diference between this two update links?

The up is uk portal and down EU portal but what sould we use as firmware update for this intercom?
Can we use the US firmware with the EU version of the intercom, too? On the Hikvision US site there seems to be the newest firmeware updates.

Paskalou

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can we use the US firmware with the EU version of the intercom, too? On the Hikvision US site there seems to be the newest firmeware updates.
Hi,
I am using KD8003 EU, and I have upgraded it with US Firmware without issue.
In my opinion, both (EU & US fw are same), just the dates are different.

Max001

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@Paskalou: Thank you for your answer!

I wanted to connect two 5231 Dahua cameras (with newest firmware installed) via ONVIF to the indoor monitor DS-KH8350 but it does not work, so I'll try to update the monitor with the US Hikvision firmware. Maybe with the US firmware I will be able to connect the 5231 Dahua cameras via ONVIF?

Has anyone successfully added a 5231 Dahua camera to the indoor monitor via ONVIF?

Last edited:

Paskalou

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@Paskalou: Thank you for your answer!

I wanted to connect two 5231 Dahua cameras (with newest firmware installed) via ONVIF to the indoor monitor DS-KH8350 but it does not work, so I'll try to update the monitor with the US Hikvision firmware. Maybe with the US firmware I will be able to connect the 5231 Dahua cameras via ONVIF?

Has anyone successfully added a 5231 Dahua camera to the indoor monitor via ONVIF?
You can try if you want but I am not sure it changes anything.

Max001

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've updated the indoor and outdoor station with the newest firmware (I've tried both the uk and us firmware) but I wasn't able to connect the 5231 Dahua cameras (with newest firmware, too) via ONVIF.

Last edited:

KamirZG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've updated the indoor and outdoor station with the newest firmware (I've tried both the uk and us firmware) but I wasn't able to connect the 5231 Dahua cameras (with newest firmware, too) via ONVIF.
I haven't worked with Dahua, but try to enable ONVIF on camera and create ONVIF user ( on camera).

Max001

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@KamirZG: Thank you for your help. I've tried both yesterday but it didn't work (ONVIF is enabled on all cameras and creating an ONVIF user didn't help).

KamirZG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@KamirZG: Thank you for your help. I've tried both yesterday but it didn't work (ONVIF is enabled on all cameras and creating an ONVIF user didn't help).
I guess that's not compatible. We tried with Avigilon and had the same problem.

Max001

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I got a very strange problem with the picture quality: Sometimes in the RTSP stream and indoor monitor, the color black (e.g. my black shirt) changes to purple during daytime (in my office). Rebooting or resetting the door station doesn’t help. After some time the picture elements which turned to purple, turn back to black (normal color) without me doing anything (so the picture is normal again).
Does anybody else have the problem where some elements of the picture turn purple for a short period of time (some hours)?

In the description of the newest us firmware, there stands: „Added white balance mode configuration: „Fluorescent Lamp“ is used to solve the PURPLE problem caused by the background being mostly green.“
I don’t have the new „white balance“ option in my remote configuration (using the latest IVMS). Has anyone gotten the „white balance“ option, it should be in CCD menu next to „back light compensation“ (the „CCD“ menu is the last option next to „video display“)?

Last edited:

KamirZG

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is CCD menu in my KD-8003 fw. 2.0.8 build 191120. But i don't have US firmware, I have EU baseline.

1590475667483.png