HIKVISION mtd Brick Recovery Guide

Shakti

n3wb
Reaction score
You have only 2 choices with your camera 1st the original Chinese firmware or to use the downgrader.

Both do and will work, if you have an issue with tftp then they won't complete to the success message at the end.

from your logs this seems it may be the case, try with another PC if you can.

I am using a win 10 PC. All firewalls turned off and antivius disabled in the services.
will reflash with the downgrader and now wait for at least 01 hour. Somehow the message of successful flash comes only with 530 firmware and none other.
Will come back later in the forum with results.

Shakti

n3wb
Reaction score
whoslooking alastairstevenson b166erobot

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU. AGAIN THANK YOU. I changed the 525 fie to language 1and viola everything is now working, in English.

THANK U ALL ONCE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shakti

n3wb
Reaction score
One small glitch though, the audio controls are not working. Any idea ?? Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Shakti

n3wb
Reaction score
Hikvision like removing features in every update for whatever reason

This may be one although I am not sure as I don't run that firmware
This is my DS-2CD2732F-IS with audio and alarm. I remember that before recovery, the web interface had the tab "Video and Audio" which is now missing after recovery with @whoslooking downgrade firmware 525.

I have also written to the seller for the original software. In the meanwhile any help with reviving the tab would be appreciated. The answer may lie in the repacking of 525 with suitable web-interface bundle.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What you could try is replacing the davinci file, with that of another version now you have telnet access.

b166erobot

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
whoslooking alastairstevenson b166erobot

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU. AGAIN THANK YOU. I changed the 525 fie to language 1and viola everything is now working, in English.

THANK U ALL ONCE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good

Inviato dal mio SM-G900F utilizzando Tapatalk

Shakti

n3wb
Reaction score
What you could try is replacing the davinci file, with that of another version now you have telnet access.
Could u kindly write an idiots guide on this. I have seen your mtd hack video. However, will really appreciate the following info.

I would be able to disassemble the digicap.dav by hiktools

1. Which version of digicap.dav do I take out the davinci file.
2. A brief write up on how to insert the davinci file into the camera.
3. Or, a link to the forum post where this things are explained.

Thanks.

Shakti

n3wb
Reaction score
@b166erobot

which language r u using. I understand English. Kindly translate post.

Thanks

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
He basically telling you to select a different audio source, from the audio tab, then you should get the option.

Shakti

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried rebooting after changing the driver?
I meant the driver inside the camera. Is there any way to update the driver or relevant part of the software inside digicap.dav which can be changed and repacked to be tftd back into the camera for all its feature to work??

enir

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. Sorry for my English. I am afraid that I also have a brick. Camera from China. After the manipulation with MTD Hack, the camera does not ping. I tried different firmware, European, Chinese, 5.30 Downgrader, 525 and others. But it is always the result of one. "TFTP server [192.0.0.128] initialized" and nothing else happens. IR LED lights. But I noticed that about every 30 seconds it goes out for a second. Is it still possible to do something?
P.S. Cam ds-2cd2232-i5. On a sticker label says v5.3.0 150513. But in the SADP in the beginning, when still working, it was v5.3.0 150814

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
"TFTP server [192.0.0.128] initialized" and nothing else happens.
This could be due to the Windows firewall blocking access to the Hikvision tftp server.
To check this - delete all existing rules for 'tftpserve.exe' Control Panel | Windows Firewall | Advanced Settings | Inbound rules. Delete all for private and public, tcp and udp.
Then start tftpserve.exe and when the Windows popup 'Windows has blocked ...' comes, tick both Public and Private boxes, and click 'Allow'.

The PC should be wired, not WiFi, which can be troublesome with the tftp server.

To check the camera out, when the PC is using the 192.0.0.128 address, at a command prompt use 'ping -t 192.0.0.64' and power cycle the camera.
Normal would be 2 or 3 ping responses after a few seconds, then nothing after that.
If it repeats after 10s of seconds, the camera is in a boot loop.
But for either of these responses, the camera should be recoverable using the tftp updater.

enir

n3wb
Reaction score
Firewall rules deleted as you said, but the situation is the same. Tried ping -t 192.0.0.64, but "Reply from 192.168.1.52 destination host unreachable". In window "Network Connections" I see a label blinks every few seconds (Identification -> unrecognized network -> network cable is not connected, and so constantly repeated)