Hikvision Multi-language Version V5.2.5 DS-2CD2032-I

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just noticed some sellers on Ali have firmware version 5.2.5 on the 2032-l.
Have any of you bought the chinese hik's with firmware 5.2.5?
What changed between 5.2.0 and 5.2.5?

td99

n3wb
Reaction score
I just noticed some sellers on Ali have firmware version 5.2.5 on the 2032-l.
Have any of you bought the chinese hik's with firmware 5.2.5?
What changed between 5.2.0 and 5.2.5?
I noticed that (and would like to know) too. In fact, a Google search is what brought me to this thread.

I've had mine for about a week (from AliExpress) and it has 5.2.3.

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All new camera coming out of the factory are 5.2.5 so even if they tell you 5.2.0 it's likely going to come as 5.2.5. I have all 3 kinds of v5.2.5, all English, firmware hacked to English and all Chinese. I like variety, LOL. What do you want to know?

Features wise, I don't see any difference between 5.2.5 and 5.2.3. Try the NAS feature, fails the same way. The main differences between 5.2.3 and 5.2.0 was the question to ask you to change the default password and they split events to two menu choices, basic and smart, but nothing new was added that stands out.

PM me if you want 5.2.5 firmware to load on your existing camera.

CBX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would not recommend putting any version less than 5.2.5 on a camera that has a label stating it left the factory with 5.2.5.

This is the case even if the camera is supplied with a version less than 5.2.5

I'm not able to provide further information regarding this so feel free to ignore my advice if you wish.

jampotato

n3wb
Reaction score
I wish I had seen CBX's post first. I got a new camera with v5.2.5 on it (label underneath says v5.2.5 aswell). It was Multilanguage but week day was displayed in Chinese. I tftp v5.2.0 English firmware to it and now it's bricked. It boots up looking for a tftp (get about 3 pings) then reboots again. Goes into this cycle. I can tftp any firmware to it but it doesn't fix it. Is it possible to get v5.2.5 (even if it's Chinese version) and tftp it back on to repair it? I can't find v5.2.5 to download from anywhere.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I wish I had seen CBX's post first. I got a new camera with v5.2.5 on it (label underneath says v5.2.5 aswell). It was Multilanguage but week day was displayed in Chinese. I tftp v5.2.0 English firmware to it and now it's bricked. It boots up looking for a tftp (get about 3 pings) then reboots again. Goes into this cycle. I can tftp any firmware to it but it doesn't fix it. Is it possible to get v5.2.5 (even if it's Chinese version) and tftp it back on to repair it? I can't find v5.2.5 to download from anywhere.
@networkcameracritic mentioned (in post 5 above) that he has the .5 firmware available if you pm him...maybe he can help you....

Last edited by a moderator:

networkcameracritic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Got the same problem on a new camera. It is English, ran for about 10-15 minutes then froze. Reset button didn't help. So I TFTP'ed 5.2.5 on there and same thing as you. Telnet works, but the files are gone. /dav was empty, root file system is gone, had to login as root as admin didn't work. Tried all I could but no luck reviving this bad boy so I'll have to send it back unless someone has an idea. Luckily I bought a few, so plugged in another one, works fine.

Maybe this a new feature of 5.2.5 LOL. I know the firmware file is good as we used it on a few cameras, no problems.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Got the same problem on a new camera. It is English, ran for about 10-15 minutes then froze. Reset button didn't help. So I TFTP'ed 5.2.5 on there and same thing as you. Telnet works, but the files are gone. /dav was empty, root file system is gone, had to login as root as admin didn't work. Tried all I could but no luck reviving this bad boy so I'll have to send it back unless someone has an idea. Luckily I bought a few, so plugged in another one, works fine.
Maybe this a new feature of 5.2.5 LOL. I know the firmware file is good as we used it on a few cameras, no problems.
Very interesting story ;)

Reaction score
I just received two DS-2CD2332-I's from China (ordered a month ago through Amazon.com). They arrived with stickers all in Chinese (and no UL sticker), except I could read "01/2015" (I assume manufacture month/year), "5.2.5_141201" (firmware), and serial and validation code. Fortunately, when I connected to it, everything was in English; however, the actual installed firmware is V5.2.0 build 140721 -- different from the label.

I have to downgrade my devices to V5.1.2 build 140116 and hack the davinci file to get them to play nicely with my NAS (WD MyCloud 4TB). Does anyone know where I can actually download the v5.2.5 141201 [English] firmware or if it fixes the NAS issue?

pprd

n3wb
Reaction score
Any update to this? I'm having the same problem and need the 5.2.5 firmware, but I don't see it anywhere. There's lots of people talking about how great it works, but zero working links to download the firmware. I don't even care if it's in Chinese, I just want my brand new, bricked DS-2CD2032-I to work.

pprd

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. I just installed that using the TFTP Auto Updater tool, and that got me closer. But now my Hikvision NVR reports this camera as "Language Mismatch", and I can't view it. Any ideas?

vimes

n3wb
Reaction score

S474N

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
pprd: yes, you must connect it via your PoE and your LAN and set protocol as ONVIF (not HIKVISION).