Hikvision - Noise/Quality Problem - $50 Reward!

DaveFL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Frankly Dave, as I read it (1) most everyone who has posted to this topic is trying to help you and (2) you seem a bit hostile at times. Why did you delete all of your posts? In a forum such as this topics need to be left in place and complete because every post adds to build the entire topic "case" and -- in the future -- may help others understand the problems which they have encountered and are trying to resolve. As a result, and in my opinion, deleting posts is a selfish act. This is unique forum Dave, where the community polices itself...so you are certainly entitled to behave any manner you choose...but for a guest who has come looking for assistance I find the manner in which you have conducted yourself to be a tad confusing.
Now its me? Your kidding right. I have answered questions, post images, taken advice and applied it. Finally I found something that worked. I posted it and my results were brushed off as me being overly picky and it being nothing. Now im being told that I think im a Pro.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For me help this forum is my one of my hobbies, CCTV is part of my profession, people on here give a great deal of time helping and for free we even give better support on Hikvision cameras than Hik themselves.
Given the facts posted, you can see you've some sort of interference possibly electrical that your system is seeing, if you have this installed at home do the process of elimination, turn off everything, unplug everything see if it clears. Ground the NVR and see what happens.
But don't come on here and complain about the level of free help you , that's just not on.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Now its me? Your kidding right. I have answered questions, post images, taken advice and applied it. Finally I found something that worked. I posted it and my results were brushed off as me being overly picky and it being nothing. Now im being told that I think im a Pro.
So I guess the $50 is out of the question now?

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I guess the $50 is out of the question now?
I think to be fair that at least 50 members had suggestions that were helpful so a dollar apiece would be good.....

acp_xt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I thought my post way up front would have qualified for the 50 hehehe. This has been one interesting Sunday! Love this forum!

DaveFL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Guys I'm not trying to be abrasive, and the help is appreciated, but when I post the results of a test and people are posting that its normal and just brushing the results off like nothing that is frustrating.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Guys I'm not trying to be abrasive, and the help is appreciated, but when I post the results of a test and people are posting that its normal and just brushing the results off like nothing that is frustrating.
Group hug!

acp_xt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I saw your video when you posted it and you said there is something wrong. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it in my eyes. Many others said the same. If you want to convince the forum, simply post the new video from your test that you say worked. And oh the before video as well. It will help others in the future at least.

DaveFL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Q2U, your right me deleting the posts was selfish, I am trying to repost them the best I can.

I saw your video when you posted it and you said there is something wrong. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it in my eyes. Many others said the same. If you want to convince the forum, simply post the new video from your test that you say worked. And oh the before video as well. It will help others in the future at least.
I did try several times today to post day time videos on Youtube, but every time I upload it I get a message saying the format is not recognized but they will still upload it. Once uploaded the video is smoothed out and you can't see the problem.

DaveFL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Fenderman,

I'm sorry I have been abrasive with you, but I feel like you weren't listen or just brushing aside the fact that I can make the problem stop by running power outside the POE. I don't understand why that fixes the problem, but it does. Your help is appreciated, it was just frustrating having people saying there is no problem when I know there is and it has been confirmed by several companies including Nelly's.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am getting a ton of Noise/Static on my new Hikvision and Dahua IP Cameras.
OP, anyone reading the above in the first posts expected just that, "tons of noise/static", we were all taken by surprise after the posted clips showed a normal pattern of what IP cameras and digital technology brings to the table and its also when the claims started to lose merit.

I think this great forum and its members handled the claims better then most forums would, with respect and continued support giving the benefit of the doubt of something they weren't seeing. Either way Im sure you will enjoy this community and hope you finally get the expected results.

Now we can carry on and go back to what were doing, Get line Crossing to finally start sending images and Dynamic Analysis to mysteriously start working.

DaveFL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of a Stetzerizer meter?

"The STETZERiZER® Microsurge Meter by Graham-Stetzer is designed to separate the power line frequency to detect and respond to low level high frequency voltages caused by transients and harmonics on power lines."

Im not sure if this would have any affect on the cameras, but I got one of these Meters and tested the power the NVR is plugged into and it maxed the Meter out over 2000. It says normal range should be within 50. Could this be related?

Last edited by a moderator:

spixel

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Look at the road in the first clip of the 4mp hikvision
These people are trying to sell the cameras, I doubt they'd upload a video where something is wrong.

DaveFL

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Look at the road in the first clip of the 4mp hikvision
These people are trying to sell the cameras, I doubt they'd upload a video where something is wrong.
I wish my camera looked that good. The problem I am having is not in that video. If my camera looked anywhere near as good I would be extremely happy. Tomorrow I will try to upload a video to some site other than youtube to see if I can show you guys.