Hikvision NVR DS-7104N-SN firmware

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've managed to change the firmware on the NVR easy, all good. Changed it to 3.0.7,the main issue is gone, now the NVR detect the cameras.

Thank you for sharing the firmware, don't know if I'll Upgrade to 3.0.13 since I don't know what improvements and fixes it has.

Now the last issue remains unsolved, the NVR keeps making a beep sound each 15-20 sec., it was before with 3.0.17 firmware and after firmware upgrade (downgrade to 3.0.7) the NVR keeps on making the beep sound.
What's wrong with it, how to make it stop?

Here is the sound:

xiaoyao

n3wb
Reaction score
I have NVR, they are Chinese, I want to be in English, but I can not find SSH or Telent, why, who can help me?
Hikvision NVR
DS-7104N-SN/P
V3.0.17 build 150804

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry for bumping this, but you have a hard drive in it? That's usually means the hard drive isn't detected.
No there wasn't a hard drive inside, after connecting the HDD the sound went away.

Foosh

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I am wondering if anyone can help me......I recently purchased a Hikvision DS-7104N-SN/P NVR and two Hikvision DS-2CD2035-I cameras purchased separately, and have exhausted all attempts to get the NVR to see the IP cameras. At this point I am wondering if I have a firmware compatibility issue. The NVR is running firmware V3.0.13 build 150503 (DSP version 5.0, build 150413), and the Cameras are running firmware V5.3.3 build 150803 (DSP version 7.1, build 150801). I have tested the cameras via web interface when placed on my LAN with no problems, and I have connected to the NVR the same way with no problems. Both use the same admin passwords too. However, when I plug the cameras into the POE ports on the NVR, the cameras are not recognized ever (the IR LEDs do light up briefly when plugged in, so power is getting to the cameras). The NVR says that no IP cameras on present, same as it does on the POE ports which have nothing plugged in. I have tried PnP, as well as manual, nothing works. Yes, I have changed the camera IP addresses to match the internal NVR IP range, and to match the default IP addresses listed in the camera area (the internal IP range is different than the device's range). Still nothing. I have checked all the network settings, and everything looks good to me. The one thing that did catch my eye was that the NIC lights never come on, only briefly flash green at boot-up. The NIC port wired to my LAN works and also doesn't light up so I am not sure if this means anything. I have set up non-IP systems up before, but this is my first IP one.... perhaps I am missing something obvious? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Bmrboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Need to downgrade the firmware on the Cameras before they will get recognized by the NVR. There is a 5.2.5 Downgrader tool out there and then you gotta do the region hack using hex editor. Should all be in the forum.

Foosh

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you very much! So 5.2.5 is the version I am looking for then? Would it make more sense to upgrade the NVR firmware than downgrade the cameras?

Foosh

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry, one more question: The DS-2CD2035-I is quite new. Is there a downgrader for it, or would I need to use the one from the DS-2CD2032-I? Looks like I need to do some more reading :)

Bmrboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you very much! So 5.2.5 is the version I am looking for then? Would it make more sense to upgrade the NVR firmware than downgrade the cameras?
You got it!

Go here for the downgrade information:
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/4036-Custom-Firmware-Downgrader-5-3-0-Chinese-to-5-2-5-English

Go here for the MTD Hack to change back to English:
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/3474-Hikvision-5-2-5-amp-5-2-8-Full-English-(INC-DAYS-OF-WEEK)-mtd-Hack

I don't know if the NVR firmware will fix the issue. I never tried it. What's the newest firmware for this NVR? I just upgraded mine to 3.0.13 today.

Bmrboy

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry, one more question: The DS-2CD2035-I is quite new. Is there a downgrader for it, or would I need to use the one from the DS-2CD2032-I? Looks like I need to do some more reading :)
I suspect the same downgrader would work - but I would double check on this first to see if anyone has done it yet.

Foosh

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the information! I downloaded and tried to downgrade.... I may be out of luck, kept getting this (and still have the newer version installed):

> Try to transmit > Resend required > Complete transferring > ... and then nothing

I suspect that I am out of luck.......? Not that I want to, but with a firmware missmatch would I be able to use onvif protocol and port:80? I have read that is is limited, but should I be able to connect this way worst-case?

Foosh

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the information! I downloaded and tried to downgrade.... I may be out of luck, kept getting this (and still have the newer version installed):

> Try to transmit > Resend required > Complete transferring > ... and then nothing

I suspect that I am out of luck.......? Not that I want to, but with a firmware missmatch would I be able to use onvif protocol and port:80? I have read that is is limited, but should I be able to connect this way worst-case?

Bmrboy

n3wb
Reaction score
I wonder if that downgrader will work on the existing firmware of that camera. I've done it to all the 2032's I've recently ordered on Amazon but never a 2035.

Foosh

n3wb
Reaction score
Actually, I am wondering now if the two firmware's are compatible after all. I plugged a camera into my router with an IP address set to the internal NVR range, and the camera showed up in the camera list (see attached) PnP, Hikvision setting. Would you agree? With the camera plugged into the appropriate POE port though, nothing. Attached are pictures of my IP settings etc. With the IP addresses as they are I can see the NVR on the LAN. If these are set right, it looks like there is a problem with the POE ports no? Hmmmm. Either this or I made a stupid mistake?20160103_161418.jpg20160103_164604.jpg

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Set the PoE port as manual instead of Plug&Play, and set the camera IP address, while it is on the LAN, using SADP, to the IP address as set on the PoE port you are going to use, then connect the camera in to the PoE port.
There is a good chance that will work OK, if the 7104 firmware supports that camera model.

Foosh

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, thank you for the advice.... I tried that on all of the ports before posting.

I think I am 99% there in having this solved now. I noticed that the POE port lights never light up (which is unusual). Usually this is an indicator that there is a cabling issue.....well, I tried a cross-over cable, and they lit up!!!! Then, the camera became visible via plug-and-play, and I got an image! When I look at the specs on the camera list it says that the Hikvision protocol is being used, and it says that the camera is connected.

It looks like things are recording from the playback blue-line, but when I go to play the picture just says "no resource". Any ideas? Motion works as well.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, thank you for the advice.... I tried that on all of the ports before posting.

I think I am 99% there in having this solved now. I noticed that the POE port lights never light up (which is unusual). Usually this is an indicator that there is a cabling issue.....well, I tried a cross-over cable, and they lit up!!!! Then, the camera became visible via plug-and-play, and I got an image! When I look at the specs on the camera list it says that the Hikvision protocol is being used, and it says that the camera is connected.

It looks like things are recording from the playback blue-line, but when I go to play the picture just says "no resource". Any ideas? Motion works as well.
If they are similar to my 2135 cameras, I had same problem. my cameras by default were set to H.265, and they were set to 3MP stream instead of 2MP(1080p) cause the NVR can only handle 1080P. I change it to H264 and main stream to 2MP, then re-plug to NVR. I have DS-7108.