Hikvision NVR DS-7104N-SN firmware

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
well, I tried a cross-over cable, and they lit up!!!!
Interesting. You don't need a cross-over cable - but it should work OK. I think that suggests the original cable is faulty.

Foosh

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks epcjay. I did that (2MP change) and everything is happy. Recording now, playing, motion, it all works.
Yes alastairstenson, I am thinking the same. The 2035 is very new, maybe there is a setting in the web menus to do crossover? I will connect the cameras directly to my PC and see if it is the cameras or the NVR that is crossed. I am happy that I finally got this working, but man did I ever need to work for it :) I will test and keep you guys up to date....maybe this will help someone else.

Foosh

n3wb
Reaction score
I suspect it is the NVR.....can't connect to the camera via a straight-through cable. Will check at some point if there is a DIP switch that can change this on the PC board (or it was a firmware option).

Foosh

n3wb
Reaction score
No DIP switches on the NVR. Must be hard-wired this way or a firmware install option. I am done, will just get a crossover adaptor and be done with it. Thank you all for helping me out.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had a Chinese 3335 work straight out of the box (except password setting). It depends what your supplier has done with the 3335 camera settings when they hacked the firmware.

I can't see you not having a password issue. It's not possible to set the later passwords to the default 12345

Foosh

n3wb
Reaction score
Both the NVR and cameras came with the same passwords. I do not have a password issue...... if it was a password issue I don't think a crossover cable would fix the problem. Tested on three different non-crossover cables, definitely not a cabling issue either.

Defender666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I flashed DS-7108 sn 3.13 CH to EN

everything is ok but it is missing the german language file. Anyone has the file to include this in the NVR

mrigor

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys I have the DS-7104n-sn/p with firmware v3.0.13 build 150503 in english but i do not have virtualhost option. What version/build would offer this feature?

strat

n3wb
Reaction score
Looking at buying a DS-7104N with poe what would the best 2 x cameras be to buy for it.. just require 2 cams.. nothing to expensive.

Also, this wont be used for (www) for the moment as they don't have home broadband internet so only local.

An option i might consider for them temporary, they do have a 3g/4g wireless internet provider which they get for free for work purpose only.. :D

what would the best way be to get this going via 3g/4g.. should i use a cheap router then connect the wifi dongle to it or another option possible using just the DS-7104N?

gsmbox

n3wb
Reaction score
DS-7104NI-SL, DS-7108NI-SL V3.0.13build150420
http://depositfiles.com/files/xq3b2iawh

Updates:
1. Password creating is required before using the NVR (Local GUI menu, web browser, client software and SADP software are optional);
2. Password strength prompts(Risk,Weak, Medium, Strong) in NVR local GUI menu, web browser, client software and SADP software, and risk password is not permitted;
3. Lock the remote IP addresses for 30 minutes once login with wrong username or password after several times;
4. Can not be downgraded to lower firmare version;

DS-7104NI-SN, DS-7104NI-SN/N, DS-7104NI-SN/P, DS-7108NI-SN, DS-7108NI-SN/N, DS-7108NI-SN/P V3.0.13build150429
http://depositfiles.com/files/6hawjsck1

Updates:
1. Password creating is required before using the NVR (Local GUI menu, web browser, client software and SADP software are optional);
2. Password strength prompts(Risk,Weak, Medium, Strong) in NVR local GUI menu, web browser, client software and SADP software, and risk password is not permitted;
3. Lock the remote IP addresses for 30 minutes once login with wrong username or password after several times;
4. Can not be downgraded to lower firmare version;

ferbulous

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm planning to either get the DS 7104/7108. I have a few xiaomi xiaoyi camera with rtsp protocol up and running.

I'd like to know if the latest firmware support for hikvision still allows for rtsp protocol or is it disabled now?

Sent from my Z1 using Tapatalk

genelmx

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys, would someone be able to upload a mirror for the "DS-71004/08 n/sn 3.13 CH to EN" firmware. The same one on @whoslooking's signature. It's no longer available on his dropbox. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

genelmx

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks whoslooking, looking forward to it. Is there a newer firmware with English support by any chance?

Foosh

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a firmware version for the DS-7104N-SN NVR that will let 2-way audio be recorded (via RCA inputs) into the video stream from a Hikvision camera? I can get sound during live-view, just wondering if there is a way to record it. Would be very useful for cameras with no mics. Any info would be appreciated.

andreasp

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello!
Is there any firmware version official or modded, that can support intrusion detection and line crossing detection on nvr DS-7108NI-SN/P ? I have the latest.

DS-7108NI-SN / P0820150622AARR526029386WCVU
Firmware Version : v3.0.17 Build 150804
Encoding Version : v5.0 build 150803

I have this Nvr and 7 * DS-2CD2T42WD-I8 cameras, and i can not setup intrusion detection. It is not an option in configuration menu of my Nvr.
I thought maybe to setup intrusion detection one by one from any camera, but i don't know how to connect to internet from the cameras, due to different cameras ip range (192.168.254.xx)

Τhanks a lot and sorry for my not so good English language.

Foosh

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, to see your NVR and the cameras all at the same time via the web logins, I use a laptop where I disable all network connections on the laptop (wifi too), and manually set the IP address on the laptop to be 192.168.254.xx. Here, 'xx' would be a number not assigned already to the cameras or NVR. Once you do this, you can plug your laptop into your NVR's camera port using a crossover cable. You might not need a crossover cable depending on the NVR. This is what I do and I can access everything at the same time :) I hope this helps.

kuba1999

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi.

Has anybody experiences with using this NVR other brands of IP cameras which have ONVIF support? Or only Hikvision devices are supported? Thanks.