Hikvision NVR DS-7104N-SN firmware

neilyboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do I need to do anything other than put the dav file on the root of a usb thumb drive and plug it in and wait. I have done just this and mine just boots to splash screen then to Chinese admin login screen and does nothing.
Neil

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
You need to use the upgrade menus in the VGA/HDMI interface - you also need to select the file to upgrade from.
I don't recall the exact route to those menus - maybe maintenance or storage, not sure, sorry, but I'm sure you'll find it.

neilyboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Holy craptastic whoslooking you are the man!!! I owe you huge..0808150824.jpg

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks @whoslooking I just updated my new one... only problem (not really a problem) is that the "NO LINK" in the background is in Chinese!

It had mult-lingual on it and I TFTP'd it... so I'm guessing I should've upgraded using USB and GUI?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Some Quick qestions after Reading this thread.
I bought 7108NSN/P from reputable dealer at Aliexpress.
It came wit the3.0.7 Multilanguage FW.
I also bought the cameras from the same seller. DS-2CD2132F-IS with V5.2.5

Everything works great, english on cameras and NVR.
The problem I have is that the attach picture to email option is missing.
To my understanding this has been fixed in the 3.0.10 and 3.0.13 multilanguage versions.
I've downloaded the 3.0.13 file from dropbox via the link provided.
I tend to put it on a usb stick and plug it in the NVR. I have a monitor, keyboard n mouse attached to the NVR as well.
- I can in the current gui on the NVR upgrade the FW to 3.0.13 without the use of tftp?
- What to do if the NVR start complaining about the cameras?
The seller doesnt seem to want to give me the 3.0.7 multilanguage FW as a backup :(

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did you read post 35 ?

Whenever anyone does any firmware updates they should read the entire thread!

Step 1: Here
Step 2: Read posts 20 and 35 of this thread
Step 3: Thank whoslooking
Step 4: Report experience here

samchen

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Petersburg,
Yes the NVR is the chinese version, but I managed to solve the problem by getting the originally firmware from the supplier (when it was in English but older firmware), so everything is now working fine. I'm waiting for a newer English version (higher than 3.0.10 Build 141201) that is compatible with my Chinese DS-7108N-SN/P version.
Hello tmazid, could you PM me the download link of the firmware from your Chinese supplier, I got same issue like you, much appreciate it.

Reaction score
Thanks @whoslooking , now got the 3.0.13 on my chinese 7108 and all cameras worked straight away with the old config.
My only issue is that the option to send an image attached to the email when motion detected is still missing... any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

samchen

n3wb
Reaction score
Awesome! I have already fixed my issue using your firmware, thanks again.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks @whoslooking , now got the 3.0.13 on my chinese 7108 and all cameras worked straight away with the old config.
My only issue is that the option to send an image attached to the email when motion detected is still missing... any suggestions?
To be honest I have never used it, as most of the systems I install have a security guard sitting in front of them 24/7

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome! I have already fixed my issue using your firmware, thanks again.
Your welcome glad it all work for you:cool:

spider54

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
Whoslooking, the firmware 3.0.13 in your signature has french for the web and TV?
I don't arrive at reading the contents of app.tar.lzma with 7-zip to see whether there is French.
Thanks