Hikvision NVR DS-7104N-SN firmware

Reaction score
To be honest I have never used it, as most of the systems I install have a security guard sitting in front of them 24/7

- - - Updated - - -

Your welcome glad it all work for you:cool:
It's weird because the option is gone.. But it's supposed to be there.. :-/ and I need it..

when in the webgui (tried with explorer and chrome) I can see the option box that needs to be ticked for attach image flash by real quick when I click the Email option under Network settings. weird..

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
sorry for flooding this now. I downloaded the latest FW from the chinese hik site. 3.0.17
Upgraded, rebooted and everything is in english?
All cameras are connected.. Well, this is great with regards to how many members have had such issues with network missmatch.
But Im still missing the one option as mention before, attach image under the email settings. :sad2:

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
sorry for flooding this now. I downloaded the latest FW from the chinese hik site. 3.0.17
Upgraded, rebooted and everything is in english?
All cameras are connected.. Well, this is great with regards to how many members have had such issues with network missmatch.
But Im still missing the one option as mention before, attach image under the email settings. :sad2:
Do not use the restore defaults function now on the NVR, as it will become Chinese again, make sure you make a settings backup as this will allow you to return to English.

This is the reason I don't share that firmware until I fix that issue.

Reaction score
Do not use the restore defaults function now on the NVR, as it will become Chinese again, make sure you make a settings backup as this will allow you to return to English.

This is the reason I don't share that firmware until I fix that issue.
thanks whoslooking for the headsup! Much appreciated.

Im still tearing my hair of my head trying to get that d*mn attach picture box to appear..

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you tried setting if for the NVR's GUI, as a few things can only be done that way like HIKONLINE DDNS setup can only be done on the NVR correctly.
Just an idea.

Reaction score
Have you tried setting if for the NVR's GUI, as a few things can only be done that way like HIKONLINE DDNS setup can only be done on the NVR correctly.
Just an idea.
yes, I have a monitor and mouse hooked up to the NVR (upgraded via NVR gui and usb stick.. easy as 1 2 3 thanks to you:) )
option is missing there as well :-/

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I will check this out at the weekend, Hiks have probably removed it knowing them.

spider54

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
Whoslooking, the firmware 3.0.13 in your signature has french for the web and TV?
I don't arrive at reading the contents of app.tar.lzma with 7-zip to see whether there is French.
Thanks

Warwick

n3wb
Reaction score
I download V3.0.17 firmware for DS-7104N-SN/P ,use Hiktools to set the language flag to 2, upgraded by TFTP program,the nvr was brick.

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've just received my Hikvision DS-7104N-SN/P NVR for my DS-2CD2032F-I cameras, ordered from a Chinese website, unfortunately everything is in Chinese language. If someone could provide me with a firmware for Chinese NVR but with English language I would really appreciate. My current firmware version is: V3.0.17 Build 150804

Thank you in advance.

*I've managed to login to Web Management and it is in English language, but when I add a camera it says: Offline (Language version missmatch)

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try using the firmware in my signature, it will work unless the new security measures have been implemented on your NVR

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try using the firmware in my signature, it will work unless the new security measures have been implemented on your NVR
English web interface is fine with me, my question is why I can't connect the Camera with the NVR? It says: Offline (Language version missmatch)

Camera DS-2CD2032F-I Device Serial No: DS-2CD2032F-I20150623CCCH526027834
NVR DS-7104N-SN/P Device Serial No: DS-7104N-SN/P0420150916AARR542531363WCVU

About the firmware version in your signature, can I downgrade to 3.13 from 3.17 ?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
English web interface is fine with me, my question is why I can't connect the Camera with the NVR? It says: Offline (Language version missmatch)

Camera DS-2CD2032F-I Device Serial No: DS-2CD2032F-I20150623CCCH526027834
NVR DS-7104N-SN/P Device Serial No: DS-7104N-SN/P0420150916AARR542531363WCVU

About the firmware version in your signature, can I downgrade to 3.13 from 3.17 ?
now you will need to downgrade the camera's from 5.30 to 5.25 (see sticky section) this can be done via the web interface, then do the mtd hack see the video I have posted.

It's not hard but make sure watch the video and follow all the steps correctly.

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
now you will need to downgrade the camera's from 5.30 to 5.25 (see sticky section) this can be done via the web interface, then do the mtd hack see the video I have posted.

It's not hard but make sure watch the video and follow all the steps correctly.
Thank you very much whoslooking for helping!
One question my cameras have already V5.2.5 build 141201 version, still I need to do this downgrade step?

1. I need to download and downgrade the firmware, this is the firmware, yes? https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hy72q4osstun72/5.30 Downgrader.rar?dl=0
You say to downgrade via web interface but in the archive I see the tftp utility, what to use?
2. I ran through all pages but I Cannot find the video you posted, can you post again please?

So if I understand right, I better change firmware on my cameras than changing the firmware on my NVR, yes?

Thank you.

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No, as your camera is already on the 5.25 firmware, so nothing to be gained from that, if the camera's are also in English it's just your NVR that would need the firmware replacing.

eXtremer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
if the camera's are also in English it's just your NVR that would need the firmware replacing.
This is what I'm talking about. Thank you.

What firmware do you recommend 3.0.7 or 3.0.13 for the NVR? Can I downgrade from 3.0.17 to one of these 2 versions?