Hikvision NVR with POE ports - bridge to LAN interface?

gth

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
From what I've read, the POE ports on the back of the NVR (e.g. DS-7604NI-SE/P) are isolated from the LAN segment that the NVR itself is connected to.

What are the chances of the POE ports ever being bridged with the internal LAN interface? I'd really prefer to be able to reach the IP cameras connected to the Hikvision NVR, directly from my desktop PC.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
From what I've read, the POE ports on the back of the NVR (e.g. DS-7604NI-SE/P) are isolated from the LAN segment that the NVR itself is connected to.

What are the chances of the POE ports ever being bridged with the internal LAN interface? I'd really prefer to be able to reach the IP cameras connected to the Hikvision NVR, directly from my desktop PC.
The chance is pretty much zero that you will be able to do this without some sort of workaround...you can access the cameras if you connect a pc (or any network connection) to an available poe port on the NVR (you will lose the ability to use that port for a camera). That is one of the view reasons why NVR's with built in POE ports is generally a bad idea..
You can always just use a poe switch and not use the built in ports.

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys, 3.2.1 has virtual host or you can loose one of the poe ports..... But if your using a cheap switch then then it's only the poe function that's lost on that single poe input port.,.... Listen to Alastair we both have been there and got the battle scars and tee shirts