How Do I Use A Dahua Camera With A Hikvision NVR?

wapaper59

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm having the same challenge in adding a Dahua PTZ camera to Hikvision NVR. I can access the camera by connecting it directly to my router with an external power connection. I have identified the IP Address I need to use which is 192.186.254.9...But Dahua config page requires a default gateway address and complains since my network is 192.168.1.1

I have this Dahua PTZ (DH-SD22A204TN-GNI) with all of my other cameras being Hikvision. I followed your instructions and changed my PC IP address so I could set the camera IP address and default gateway for connection to the NVR poe. I can see the camera from the NVR's camera management GUI. The camera IP Address is 192.168.254.9. Default Gateway is 192.168.254.1. Management Port is default 37777. I cannot port forward this port. (I didnt think this was an issue at this point.) I set the adding method to ONVIF. The status of this camera now is unknown error. I don't know how to create a custom protocol if that is what I need to do so please walk me thru that if so. Thanks for any help.
Those are the same kind of problems I'm running into. Unknown error, network unreachable, IP camera does not exist, etc!

wapaper59

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I JUST GOT IT WORKING!!! WOO HOO!!! But, sadly, I HAVE NO IDEA HOW!!!

Can someone please explain? I have the Dahua camera plugged into Port #2 on my NVR. So, while I was trying to configure it, the camera came on but my NVR says it is plugged into Port #7. I don't get it!!!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the numbers on the back usually dont matter much, channel numbers are typically assigned in order they are added to the NVR..

wapaper59

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not relevant.

That would be the Dahua equivalent of the Hikvision 8000. But it's not a Dahua NVR, so not relevant.

What method (protocol) are you trying to connect the camera with?
ONVIF, Generic RTSP?
Well I was trying to manually add the camera with ONVIF but that wasn't working so then when I switched to PnP, it came on.

wapaper59

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
the numbers on the back usually dont matter much, channel numbers are typically assigned in order they are added to the NVR..
Oh ok. Hmmm. It skipped camera #2 and channel #2 for some reason.

wapaper59

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I used SADP and it doesn't even see the Dahua camera lol. I then used the iVMS-4200 and although it does see the camera, it says the camera's IP address is 192.168.254.76 while the GUI says the IP address is 192.168.254.77. So, I really don't how it is working, but I feel like it is a small miracle!!! :)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I used SADP and it doesn't even see the Dahua camera lol.
SADP is Hikvision's tool. It's not generic, not general purpose for other brands of device.

*edit*
it says the camera's IP address is 192.168.254.76 while the GUI says the IP address is 192.168.254.77.
The GUI of the NVR Camera Management says which NVR channel is using 192.168.254.77?

So what channel does it say is using 192.168.254.76 , the IP address the camera is using?
And does that explain why the camera channel is not what you expect|?

wapaper59

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
SADP is Hikvision's tool. It's not generic, not general purpose for other brands of device.
Oh ok haha. I see. Thx! Any idea why iVMS has a different IP address than the GUI? That seems to me like it would make a difference somehwhere and/or somehow.

wapaper59

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

*edit*

The GUI of the NVR Camera Management says which NVR channel is using 192.168.254.77?

So what channel does it say is using 192.168.254.76 , the IP address the camera is using?
GUI says x.77 is camera or channel #7 but it is currently plugged into Port #8. It was plugged into Port #2 and it still said it was camera/channel #7. Also, the GUI does not even list any camera with x.76 while the iVMS does. I also can't find out what camera # the iVMS thinks the Dahua is.

wapaper59

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

*edit*

The GUI does not even list x.76 but it does list x.77 as camera/channel #7.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
This subject comes up often. Be really nice if you could post camera gui settings, NVR settings, etc. so someone may use this as a guide to replicate.

I understand you arn't sure why it started working, but back tracking and posting settings would be helpful and should allow you to understand what changed/occured.

wapaper59

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This subject comes up often. Be really nice if you could post camera gui settings, NVR settings, etc. so someone may use this as a guide to replicate.

I understand you arn't sure why it started working, but back tracking and posting settings would be helpful and should allow you to understand what changed/occured.
Ok, I finally figured it out and I guess it wasn't a minor miracle after all. :/ What happened was I loaded the config tool for Dahua cameras onto my laptop as someone suggested and then once the software found the camera, I changed the IP settings for the camera to the IP settings that the GUI said the camera should be. However, the camera still wasn't working so I looked at the GUI settings again. They were on PnP and Hikvision with a port of 8000. So, I changed those settings to Manual, ONVIF, and port 80. But it still didn't work so I changed the GUI setting back to PnP and FINALLY, the camera started working. The GUI also kept the ONVIF and port 80 settings which it had never done before (it always changed the settings back to HIKVISION and port 8000).

I also just added another Dahua camera to the system using the above directions and the NVR finally added the camera connected to Port #2 as Camera/Channel #2. I was worried Channel #2 had burned out for some reason.

So, every port/channel and camera is correct (camera #1 is plugged into port #1, etc) except that camera #7 is plugged into port #8. Weird.

Finally, the iVMS now doesn't even see the 2nd Dahua camera. Maybe it has a problem with Dahua cameras?

And I will try to get pictures up soon. Thanks everyone for all the help! I hope this helps someone else as well!

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am having the same exact issue and am having no luck at all. I started my own thread before I found this one and have posted as much information as I could come up with. If anyone has any ideas, i'd appreciate it...i've been screwing around with settings for three days now and got nowhere. Help viewing dahua ptz on hik nvr

n0fx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When you guys set it up as ONVIF, is there any issues with motion detection on the Hikvision NVR? I know in the past, if you use ONVIF, the motion detection doesn't work at all or correctly?

belmont

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
trying to add dahua ptz to hikvision nvr 7716NI-I4 with onvif Please help, what port should i set when try to add the PTZ from hikvision nvr? Should i change something on the ptz?

belmont

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try port 80.
Cheers,
NVR says user password error but thats stupid, i entered the correct username and password. I used the admin default user and the password is 100% correct

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had the same issue, but while a dedicate user (even with all admin's privileges) created on the camera, but with the default admin user, the NVR can connect to the camera ....