How Do I Use A Dahua Camera With A Hikvision NVR?

belmont

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
port 80 and default admin user still i get the user password error, any other idea

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a recollection from a post somewhere that the ONVIF password was not the same as the web GUI password - though I don't recall the fine detail.
Hopefully the very good search will find the post in question.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
No problems here with using a Dahua camera with my Hikvision NVR. I use the Dahua config program to configure the Dahua camera the way I want it. I also turn off ONVIF in the Dahua camera. The last thing I do is configure the address to what my NVR wants. In my case such as 192.168.254.1. I also change the password to what I want it to be. Also use ONVIF on the NVR for that particular camera port..

belmont

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i downloaded the ConfigToolV3.20.0 and when i click on login it says account locked, but this is again silly as i can login with the same admin user on the camer web interface. However the port where it tries with config tool is 37777 but i tried with 80 too and it fails with that too. Then i tried to use not the admin user but my created user, then the login works on port 80 and 37777 too. However from NVR i still can not login with that user. At least on port 554 works, but ONVIF still doesnt. I updated the NVR to the latest firmware, still no luck

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
You may have to reset your Dahua camera and start all over. Then see if the Dahua config program will see it.

belmont

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You may have to reset your Dahua camera and start all over. Then see if the Dahua config program will see it.
Dahua program see it, i can login, but not from NVR

Last edited:

Ronnie Bailey

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Argggg!!!!!!! I am having the same issues trying to get my Dahau cam working with the Hikvision NVR. It says "network is unreachable" I have tried Hikvision settings, and Onif settings, with different port numbers etc.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I am having the same issues trying to get my Dahau cam working with the Hikvision NVR.
Is the camera on the LAN, or on an NVR POE port?
Either way - the first thing you need to ensure is that the camera is on the same IP address range as the NVR (either it's LAN interface, or it's POE interface) is using.

What is the IP address of either the NVR LAN interface, or the NVR POE channel you want to plug the camera in to?
What is the IP address of the camera?

Here is an example of a Dahua camera, connected to the LAN, working on a Hikvision NVR -
upload_2018-8-5_20-29-13.png

Ronnie Bailey

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is the camera on the LAN, or on an NVR POE port?
Either way - the first thing you need to ensure is that the camera is on the same IP address range as the NVR (either it's LAN interface, or it's POE interface) is using.

What is the IP address of either the NVR LAN interface, or the NVR POE channel you want to plug the camera in to?
What is the IP address of the camera?

Here is an example of a Dahua camera, connected to the LAN, working on a Hikvision NVR -

Thanks for the quick replay. I tried your settings and still did not work. I think I am giving up on that scenario. I have 4 existing cams on my 4 port Hikvixion NVR. I wanted to replace one of the existing Trendnet cams with my new Dahau cam, but too much pain involved. I will just use my Synology NAS Surveillance station for the Dahua cam. Strange, that the Hikvision NVR does not recognize the Dahua cams, but does recognize the Trendnet cams. And Synology recognizes ALL cams. That Hikvision NVR needs a lot of work to make it more user friendly.

From reading this forum, I thought the Dahua I purchase had a good night vision, it is no better than my Trendnet bullet camera, or
Hikvision English version DS-2CD2055FWD-I 5MP .

pdxDavid

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using a Hikvision (LTS) NVR, too. I have 3 cameras. Hik from China via prior goto from here. Hik (LTS) from Milkisbad. Duhua from EmpireAndy. I was able to add mine via ONVIF. I set my passwords on all my cams and NVR to be the same. I added the camera manually via IP after setting it to the IP needed on my network via the Duhua software and camera GUI. I am able to use "PTZ" with the Duhua (varifocal lense) via NVMS7000, too.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I have not had any trouble using Dahua cameras with my Hikvision NVR's. I also use the same user name and password like the above poster does. I change the camera address to match the one on the NVR port that it is being hooked up to. The last thing in the pop up window is the user name and password. So do not forget that part.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried your settings and still did not work.
It will be OK when the IP addresses are set correctly.
Presumably the NVR POE port you want to connect the camera to has something like 192.168.254.x configured.
You would need to change the camera IP address to match, then plug it in to the NVR POE port.

Ronnie Bailey

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It will be OK when the IP addresses are set correctly.
Presumably the NVR POE port you want to connect the camera to has something like 192.168.254.x configured.
You would need to change the camera IP address to match, then plug it in to the NVR POE port.
Yes, I did all that. BUTT, when I used Onif, or whatever it is called, it kept saying my password was wrong. I tried several times. Spent several hours working on this, but finally gave up. I did several complete resets, still no help. All they have to do, is add settings for the Dahau cams.

Rasto

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello guys, have you figured out what is the problem with Dahua cameras in combination with hikvision NVRs?
I have totally the same problem as described by mates above with one difference.
The camera can be set online via RTSP port 554.
If I try to switch it to ONVIF (port 80 or 8000) it will tell me "wrong parameter"

Rasto

n3wb
Reaction score
Nobody tried to help me but I am not as somebody so I came back to tell you where was the problem.
I have changed the password in all cameras from factory to my own.
But during my configuring the nvr was saying wrong password so I tried the factory password (which has been changed) and the cameras switch in online mode!
Right now I have no picture, so I am finding why :-(

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nobody tried to help me but I am not as somebody so I came back to tell you where was the problem.
I have changed the password in all cameras from factory to my own.
But during my configuring the nvr was saying wrong password so I tried the factory password (which has been changed) and the cameras switch in online mode!
Right now I have no picture, so I am finding why :-(
Welcome Rasto,

Good to hear you've figured it out.

We're a group of volunteers helping each other out - so do set your expectations appropriately.

Look at the wiki or search for notes on accessing your cameras directly when connected to an NVR.

pepeEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi
I try configure in my bussines to add camera Dahua to IVMS-4200 from HikVision. But i can not. I add device by ONVIF on port 80 but still can not see live view.... Please help me.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you enabled ONVIF in the (unspecified) camera web GUI?
What codec is enabled on the camera?
Check if the camera responds to ONVIF queries, and also see the 'ONVIF port' by using ONVIF Device Manager from sourceforge.net

kos_cn

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. I have a similar issue. Could you help me?
I tied to connect from DS-7104HGHI-F1 (V3.4.1 build 151221) to Dahua NVR5232-4KS2 (V3.216.0000003.0, Build Date: 2018-12-11) via RTSP. But I allways see the error "authorization is possible after a timeout".
Hikvision DVR works good with Turbo HD Hikvision Cam. But I need to connect this two registrators.
Login/Password - correct.
VLC player - correct plying video as well.
I am thinking I need downgrate Dahua NVR5232-4KS2. Maybe somebody has a fireware? Please.
I'll be very grateful

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello. I have a similar issue. Could you help me?
I tied to connect from DS-7104HGHI-F1 (V3.4.1 build 151221) to Dahua NVR5232-4KS2 (V3.216.0000003.0, Build Date: 2018-12-11) via RTSP. But I allways see the error "authorization is possible after a timeout".
Hikvision DVR works good with Turbo HD Hikvision Cam. But I need to connect this two registrators.
Login/Password - correct.
VLC player - correct plying video as well.
I am thinking I need downgrate Dahua NVR5232-4KS2. Maybe somebody has a fireware? Please.
I'll be very grateful
Hi @kos_cn

I suspect you do not want to downgrade the firmware.

Probably something else going on?

Are you attempting to connect Hikvision DVR to a Dahua NVR to each other??

Hi
I try configure in my bussines to add camera Dahua to IVMS-4200 from HikVision. But i can not. I add device by ONVIF on port 80 but still can not see live view.... Please help me.
Hi @pepeEL

Port 80 is for the webserver - you want to use a different port for the rtsp feed. ( video comes in the form of rtsp ).