How to make IVS work if pointed to the ground?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
May be time to try CPAI if you can’t get human detection working on a consistent basis with this cam.

He is using an NVR, thus my comment earlier in the thread time to move to BI lol

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This what doesnt make sense. The cameras aren't consistent. WITTAJ is over here getting it to trigger on toes and I have half my body in it. I get what you are saying about angles and perspective but I can get it to trigger. If the camera's perspective or angle was off, it would never trigger so it can do what it is supposed to do but not consistently.

Mine will fire but then wont trigger again. It is almost like once the trigger is activated, there is something wrong in the firmware that doesn't reset it so it will activate again.

In my testing, when I make changes in IVS, it will fire the first time. It wont fire after that. It is almost like I have to go back and make changes in IVS for it to reset and fire again. At least that is what I am experiencing from the testing.
Looks like it might be a firmware problem and Andy says that is the latest firmware for this camera.
To be clear, that is not with my boobie cam but the 5442-Z4E.

The boobie cam is great and serves a purpose, but I never found the IVS to be that great on it due to the underpowered processor.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm using an NVR too, 8 that I manage and counting and mine work just fine....
  • Have you turned off H.265?
  • Are you using IE to make the settings? Some cameras are more sensitive to browser type than others and maybe its not taking a set?
  • Are you making the settings on the camera interface itself or the NVR? Looks to be on the camera

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do you have any other camera with IVS sitting on a shelf?

When I first tried to understand IVS, I used one on my desk and tried it there. Just to understand how it works. I had IE 11 draw all the IVS lines and frames, so I learned why it wouldn't trigger. Used a cork on a wire.

Later I realized that I want to trigger when there is a human, forget the rest. So I changed from IVS to motion detection with human detection only. Which works well for me. But I really doubt it would work for you in that setting. You never get to see a human.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score

The reason H.265 takes so much processing power to decode is the complexity of how the compression algorithm is written. Also keep in mind that resolutions of 4k to 8k also increasing the load a processor has to decode. The upside to this is the video files essentially can be saved at smaller sizes compared to h.264