Huisun 10x LPR (License Plate Reading) settings

dalepa

Reaction score
I didn't realize that the focus was saved along with preset. that's good to know. thanks! Using an event schedule work great!

set the presets in the cam's web ui. call them from BI

chalk4

n3wb
Reaction score
I didn't realize that the focus was saved along with preset. that's good to know. thanks! Using an event schedule work great!
Any chance you can send a screenshot? I still can't find where to set the presets within the camera web interface.

dalepa

Reaction score
Any chance you can send a screenshot? I still can't find where to set the presets within the camera web interface.
Its kinda hidden...

0 In the preview (expand the view using the >>) to show the presets
1. Set the view and focus as you want it (change focus to manual on the configuration/image tab or auto focus will kick in)
2. Click on the Preset that you want to set , then click on the pencil to set the preset.
3. in BI goto the camera properties->Schedule->Event schedule and setup a time when you want the preset to kick in and Select Function Preset X for the preset you want to activate at that time.

Capture.PNG

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
first set the focus to manual:
minit-ptz manual focus.PNG

then hit the 'ptz' button on the upper right of the 'live view' to show the PTZ settings:
mini-ptz presets.PNG

use the controls above to put the cam where you want it, zoom, & focus.
select a preset and click 'set' to save it, 'call' to go to a previously saved preset.
(you might need to scroll that pane to see the 'set' button right of the 'call' button
for each preset)

There doesn't seem to be any OSD for focus changes, so you kind of just need to keep
track of where you're at and what you've tried (focus far vs near), but they do
seem to get saved and recalled with the presets. I set my field of view and focus
for daytime in preset 1, 'clone' it to preset 2 (call 1, set 2) then change focus only
in preset 2 for nighttime and 'set' that.

patrickmx

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I tried to put the corrects settings in my mini PTZ but it automaticaly resets. For example, when I change the frequency from 50 to 60hz, the cam reboots and keeps it. But when I change to shutter speed priority, the frequency returns to 50hz, what does'nt match with my local electricity red.
Worse: when changing the picture quality from regular to best and save this setting, it reverses it after a short time (at the same time in the log window).
What's wrong with my cam?
Thanks for your help.

Zeddy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OpenALPR wont work with the Huisun feed directly, it requires a MJPEG stream and you only have an x264 stream avilable.. If you have BI or a NVR that can transcode you a MJPEG stream that would work, but it'll decrease video quality and increase system load on your NVR.

You have to buy a commercial license for OpenALPR before it'll take an x264 stream.. :(

What about using the snapshot function, set to 100ms or so and upload to FTP? I'll test it out when I get home next week but it might be a nice work around to get images to openALPR. Not sure if you can config openALPR to delete an image once processed?

PTZ.JPG

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
it'd be pretty abusive to your disk, if you were to try something like that i'd upload it to a tmpfs/ramdisk.. you'd have to run a script to read the folder and process it through alprd and then cleanup anything without detected plates.. it wont do any of that on its own.

and presuming you can actually get 10fps uploads out of the thing; I doubt it.. but I'm processing the stream in at ~50-60ms per frame and the only thing written is images containing plates.. depending on speed of traffic you kinda need a high FPS.. I'm running 20fps so speeders cant sneak by my tight frame.

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is it possible to pipe the camera x264 stream through a utility like ffmpeg, converting it to mjpeg?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah I believe we have a couple users using BlueIris to provide a MJPEG stream; it does however require additional resources.. ffmpeg could do it if you can manage the transcoding in realtime.

alprd its self is pretty power hungry; just be weary you dont end up spending a small fortune in electricity to process license plates.. its why I am accelerating OpenALPR w/CUDA Hardware.

Cljs

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yeah I believe we have a couple users using BlueIris to provide a MJPEG stream; it does however require additional resources.. ffmpeg could do it if you can manage the transcoding in realtime.

alprd its self is pretty power hungry; just be weary you dont end up spending a small fortune in electricity to process license plates.. its why I am accelerating OpenALPR w/CUDA Hardware.
Any opinion about this Dahua PTZ?

Dahua SD22204T GN 2Mp Network Mini PTZ Speed Dome 4x optical zoom Outdoor Camera English Firmware Free shipping -in Surveillance Cameras from Security & Protection on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Dome enclosed, IP66, cheaper (looks like will go down to $137 in a few days.)

Tempting for an area that I have where an unobtrusive, durable PTZ would be very useful.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ive got the turret version of that, it dont have IR so you'll have to use external illuminators nearby to flare up the plates.. it dont have real WDR and 12mm optics @ 2MP dont have the ability to read plates as far as you think it can.

Cljs

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ive got the turret version of that, it dont have IR so you'll have to use external illuminators nearby to flare up the plates.. it dont have real WDR and 12mm optics @ 2MP dont have the ability to read plates as far as you think it can.
Thanks, didn't notice the lack of IR. Makes it less attractive.

(I realize I posted this in the wrong thread! Should have been in the Dahua MiniPTZ thread)