Huisun 10x v1 mini PTZ completely dead

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
bad at maths much? its really 3x the amount.. replace a camera once and your almost there..

yeah I have a problem with these pieces of junk being advertised by members here in complete denial like they arent.. they are toys for boys, but tools for security they are not... at least not by my standards.
Yeah, you should consider improving your math skills...

http://www.nellyssecurity.com/eyesurv-escvi-ptzv2-1080pir-ultra-high-speed-hdcvi-ptz-security-camera.html

Of course you can save some if you buy from ali without warranty and support, but if you are spending that much I wouldn't take my chances. Still even from there it's not even close to 3x as you suggesting. Hell, $500 is too much to pay for this.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DAHUA-PTZ-DH-SD59230T-HN-2MP-30x-1080P-Full-HD-Network-IP-High-speed-Dome-Camera/32567890358.html?spm=2114.30010308.3.33.LqaSq3&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_0,searchweb201602_3_10037_10017_507_10033_10032_401_10040,searchweb201603_1&btsid=1fcf247f-572d-45ce-b45f-ffc225630977

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It is subjective to me. I'm not selling LPR's for a living. If you've ever been into boating, racing, or espresso, you know what expensive hobbies can cost...I'm glad to have a cheap hobby for a change.
Again if you have to replace it every 6 months or even every year you can buy a BETTER camera for that cost. So its not subjective. Mathematics by definition is objective. Your other expensive hobbies are not relevant.

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Again if you have to replace it every 6 months or even every year you can buy a BETTER camera for that cost. So its not subjective. Mathematics by definition is objective. Your other expensive hobbies are not relevant.
You win...my wheaties have thoroughly pissed in! ;)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, you should consider improving your math skills...

http://www.nellyssecurity.com/eyesurv-escvi-ptzv2-1080pir-ultra-high-speed-hdcvi-ptz-security-camera.html

Of course you can save some if you buy from ali without warranty and support, but if you are spending that much I wouldn't take my chances. Still even from there it's not even close to 3x as you suggesting. Hell, $500 is too much to pay for this.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DAHUA-PTZ-DH-SD59230T-HN-2MP-30x-1080P-Full-HD-Network-IP-High-speed-Dome-Camera/32567890358.html?spm=2114.30010308.3.33.LqaSq3&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_0,searchweb201602_3_10037_10017_507_10033_10032_401_10040,searchweb201603_1&btsid=1fcf247f-572d-45ce-b45f-ffc225630977
Sorry but these v1's are dropping like flies. They are not reliable to use in any security environment. Paying 4x for sometime that is reliable is worth it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You win...my wheaties have thoroughly pissed in! ;)
Its not about winning. Its about letting the folks here know to be cautious about buying this unreliable junk. They seemed to be ok at first as they became popular in the winter months. That is no longer the case. They should be avoided.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
we have a member selling one right here for $475 last time I looked, and you can get them from Ali for about the same price if you bother to look.. im comparing the 12x version with no warranty.. comparable to your junk cameras.. but yeah spend a lil more and get a 30x with a US warranty, it is smarter.. but if your being penny wise and pound foolish then the price is merely 3x

$475/$150 = 3.16x

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
hell even the $250-$300 Imporx PTZ cameras, which I still consider cheap ass junk due to the shit firmware appear to have a much better track record so far on these forums.. so you dont have to go all the way to Dahua if you want some nice toys that dont break your bank.

focus losing issues, no dst, poe failures, overheating failures, activex requirements, no mjpeg, crap wdr, no ivs, no api, and numerous other firmware bugs.. other than somewhat decent optics for the price I cant really find much good with these things.. in most cases you'd be better off with a pair of fixed cameras for the same cost.

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry but these v1's are dropping like flies. They are not reliable to use in any security environment. Paying 4x for sometime that is reliable is worth it.
Hardly like flies. There are no statistics aside from a few failed ones on the forum. Do you have sales data to backup your statement? We all know they sold tons of these mini PTZs (some of us have not just 1 or 2 but more then 4 of those mini PTZ) and how many end users buy those $700 cams?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hardly like flies. There are no statistics aside from a few failed ones on the forum. Do you have sales data to backup your statement? We all know they sold tons of these mini PTZs (some of us have not just 1 or 2 but more then 4 of those mini PTZ) and how many end users buy those $700 cams?
There is enough data from the users here to show they are dying - like flies. Come on who are you kidding. I know its hard to admit you made a mistake. The 700 dollar cameras are made by hikvision/dahua that have a very good reliability track record.
Huisun should not be purchased until the v2 cameras have more field time.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
hell even the $250-$300 Imporx PTZ cameras, which I still consider cheap ass junk due to the shit firmware appear to have a much better track record so far on these forums.. so you dont have to go all the way to Dahua if you want some nice toys that dont break your bank.
So, you have some access to hidden sales data on this forum that show how many were sold and compare failure rates?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So, you have some access to hidden sales data on this forum that show how many were sold and compare failure rates?
There is enough data from the folks that already posted to show that these cameras are defective and have a high rate of failure. More will come...Husiun should be avoided until v2 has more field time.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
There is enough data from the users here to show they are dying - like flies. Come on who are you kidding. I know its hard to admit you made a mistake. The 700 dollar cameras are made by hikvision/dahua that have a very good reliability track record.
I don't see anyone admitting any mistake if you followed the thread, people are generally happy with those cams.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't see anyone admitting any mistake if you followed the thread, people are generally happy with those cams.
Generally happy until they fail. Most have only had them several months. Most havent seen hot weather yet, which appears to be killing them. V2 may turn out differently, but the v1 cameras are junk.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
lets see, search this forum: Huisun PTZ Dead.. Results: 14 Results and they have been making PTZ's for less than a year

search this forum: Dahua PTZ Dead.. Results: 7 Results, 2 are about Huisuns and none are actually reporting a dead dahua PTZ.. not one.. and they have been selling several orders of magnitudes more PTZ's than anyone else in the industry right now and been doing it for years.

we have alot of Dahua PTZ owners here, more than Huisun PTZ owners I am sure.. we have users who have installed dozens if not hundreds of em commercially.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have 2 V1 and 2 V2 and I'm happy.

I also have a 4X V2 that has not died but I may kill it. :sad2:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
lets see, search this forum: Huisun PTZ Dead.. Results: 14 Results and they have been making PTZ's for less than a year

search this forum: Dahua PTZ Dead.. Results: 7 Results, 2 are about Huisuns and none are actually reporting a dead dahua PTZ.. not one.. and they have been selling several orders of magnitudes more PTZ's than anyone else in the industry right now and been doing it for years.

we have alot of Dahua PTZ owners here, more than Huisun PTZ owners I am sure.. we have users who have installed dozens if not hundreds of em commercially.
Nice, I am pretty sure you look for weather report based on results you get on this forum too? At the very least start a poll asking people what ptzs they own then you can at least make a claim that there are more Dahua ptz owners, but for now you are just blowing smoke.

I'll give you an actual statistics to ponder about. Dahua subforum has been from pretty much inception of this forum yet it has less number of posts then Huisun subforum which been around less then a year and it's also closing in on number of threads as well.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice, I am pretty sure you look for weather report based on results you get on this forum too? At the very least start a poll asking people what ptzs they own then you can at least make a claim that there are more Dahua ptz owners, but for now you are just blowing smoke.

I'll give you an actual statistics to ponder about. Dahua subforum has been from pretty much inception of this forum yet it has less number of posts then Huisun subforum which been around less then a year and it's also closing in on number of threads as well.
The number of posts in a sub-forum is not indicative of the number of owners. I am certain there are many more dahua owners here than Huisun by many orders of magnitude.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ok lets keep using stupid metrics, you been a member here just as long as I, and have posted just as much as I.. yet compare how many times we have received a thanks.

tomorrow's forecast: meaningless bullshit

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
The number of posts in a sub-forum is not indicative of the number of owners. I am certain there are many more dahua owners here than Huisun by many orders of magnitude.
How certain are you really that there are more owners of $500 PTZs cams? this forum is not an indicator of anything really it's just biased to couple brands

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
we have many commercial users here whom install them constantly, and have been for years.. in the very short time I worked installing cameras i'd install dozens of PTZ's costing a couple of grand each per job, and they were turning away customers because the demands were so high with just a few large accounts like international theme parks and retail stores.

us DIY installers are a tiny fraction on a flea's ass, the city you live in owns tens of thousands of cameras more than likely.. mine does.

Hikvision has sold hundreds of thousands cameras to colorado weed growers in the last few years, easy.. by law every plant has to be on camera from seed to sale.. its not a bias, its the reality..

find me one serious US based commercial entity willing to install and support Huisun Mini PTZ's to there customers, there only hope is to scam consumer level products and rename there company once they have taken everyone's money and before everyone catches on to the failure rates.. this happens all the time, dont get mad at us you started a cult around a false idol.

Last edited by a moderator: