Huisun 10x v1 mini PTZ completely dead

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have to stay positive about this camera failure. Just think of all the spare parts I'll have including motors, lens, led's, etc. :peaceful:

The Huisun ptz cameras are still my favorites and I plan on ordering at least one v2 camera, but will wait to hear back from Monica regarding the dead camera.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
The Huisun ptz cameras are still my favorites and I plan on ordering at least one v2 camera, but will wait to hear back from Monica regarding the dead camera.
Exactly, I love this junk! :) Although, I would have to say I would be very cautious buying any V1s for hot climates.

mvp

n3wb
Reaction score
If those three cans are electrolytic capacitors and if anyone wants to try a shot in the dark, you might want to check those capacitors.

Electrolytic capacitors use a liquid insulator to separate conductive plates. When the liquid dries out, the capacitor shorts out.

These capacitors sometimes last 5 to 15 years or more before the failing, but extra heat can make them fail faster.

How to check the caps with a multi-meter?

If the circuit board has a dead short at the cap, then one of the caps may be bad.

Take them out one at a time and test them with the multi-meter.

If one cap is bad, it's probably best to replace all of them.

If the circuit board does not have a dead short, it may be hard to tell if you are measuring the normal resistance of the circuit board, or if you are measuring a low resistance because of a partially shorted capacitor.

A capacitor should read open with an ohm meter. A partially shorted capacitor will show some conductivity on the ohm meter, and this conductivity usually changes with a few drops from a cold spray can.

If you have a known good circuit board and if the resistances at the caps are the same as the know good board, the caps are probably not shorted.

If you measure the circuit board resistances at the caps and spray the caps with freeze spray and the resistances do not change, the caps are probably not shorted.

But, if the resistance changes, the cap is bad.

Or, you can remove the caps from the circuit board and then check to make sure they are not shorted.

When replacing electrolytic caps, note that they have a polarity like a battery and must be installed in the correct orientation.

Removing the caps will void any warranty, so this should only be tried after you have verified that the manufacturer
will not help you.

Last edited by a moderator:

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The 'bad caps' angle is what I was thinking too...I've replaced quite a few over the years. Brought back to life a few mobo's in those old Shuttle mini computers doing a cap swap.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I tried to explain to Monica what the problem was but with the language barrier, it makes it difficult. I sent a couple of emails explaining the problem and also using whatsapp to text her.

The camera was working fine but then one day it failed. I tried both PoE and a 12 volt power supply but no movement. The camera does nothing and the PT motors do not operate at all. Is there a defective circuit board that can cause this? If so, is it possible that you can send me a board so that I can replace it myself? Thanks.

This is the whatsapp reply.

Dear Larry. how are you. your camera can not circuit? it have been full without rotate?

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The 'bad caps' angle is what I was thinking too...I've replaced quite a few over the years. Brought back to life a few mobo's in those old Shuttle mini computers doing a cap swap.
I was an electronics tech for 26 years and did component level diagnosis and repair, but I prefer board level repairs now that I'm retired. Eye's aren't as good as they used to be. :D

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Monica said I could ship it back for repair, but of course that is not an option because of the cost to ship it to China. She said she would sell me a new V2 camera for about $150 including shipping. Geesh, I think I'll go shopping elsewhere. :sad2:

And now she asks me using Skype, how many I want to buy?

No thanks, I think I'll shop around.

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ask Monica to send you a pre-paid shipping label, or provide a USA address for return.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
She already told me that I would have to pay to ship it back. I don't think they have a USA address for returns.

As always, it's a gamble when ordering from China. I guess one's luck will run out sooner or later when ordering from there. Not a big deal though. This is the first problem I've had with ordering from China after many orders over several years.

I probably won't be ordering anymore cameras from Monica though, since she won't even give a discount on a new camera to replace a defective one.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I asked her before why she can't at least match the price from Jack and never got a reply:

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/M76JTa0[/QUOTE] Thanks Klasipca, I'll definitely be contacting Jack. Better price than what Monica has to offer. She's not interested in support when there's a problem. It's all about sales for her.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I tried to explain to Monica what the problem was but with the language barrier, it makes it difficult. I sent a couple of emails explaining the problem and also using whatsapp to text her.

The camera was working fine but then one day it failed. I tried both PoE and a 12 volt power supply but no movement. The camera does nothing and the PT motors do not operate at all. Is there a defective circuit board that can cause this? If so, is it possible that you can send me a board so that I can replace it myself? Thanks.

This is the whatsapp reply.

Dear Larry. how are you. your camera can not circuit? it have been full without rotate?

Try this

Camera not work Module Board is bad. Please send me new module board

(attach a picture of the circuit board with message)

I am sure she will understand this but she probably will ask money to send you a new board.

Bill

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
When I say that she says "How many you want buy?"
I am starting to suspect it's a bug with their translation software that translates any inquiry about the product issues to "I want to buy your product"

Interpon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try this
请发送更换curcuit板作为我的PoE和直接动力不起作用