Huisun 10x v1 mini PTZ completely dead

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How certain are you really that there are more owners of $500 PTZs cams? this forum is not an indicator of anything really it's just biased to couple brands
I did not say that are all installing the 500 dollar ptz. The point is that dahua has been proven to be an EXTREMELY reliable brand. There are members here that install the ptz commercial - a lot. Commercial installers dont use unreliable brands as the cost to return and swap is too high. They also dont want customer complaints. The dahua ptz are not dropping like flies as the Huisun cams are. Its really that simple. They have proven to be unreliable junk.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have the v2 for a few weeks and we'll see as far as it reliability. I will be adding a cover for direct sun to attempt to avoid any cooking ! As far as costs I bought it for $138 and for that it is a good test unit to see how much I would use a ptz function. If I use the function a lot I will go to the Dahua for $600. So in summary I'd say a decent test out camera and as far costs and overall a good night image. I'm terms of capital outlay I spend more on dinner so WTF!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the v2 for a few weeks and we'll see as far as it reliability. I will be adding a cover for direct sun to attempt to avoid any cooking ! As far as costs I bought it for $138 and for that it is a good test unit to see how much I would use a ptz function. If I use the function a lot I will go to the Dahua for $600. So in summary I'd say a decent test out camera and as far costs and overall a good night image. I'm terms of capital outlay I spend more on dinner so WTF!
Please, if the 140 was no big deal to you, you would have not waited months with repeated posts about this camera and even started a thread asking for user experiences....

Interpon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I love this forum!!! helped me a lot!! even this bantor...

from Fenderman with my first cam suggestions and server (still working perfect 4mp hik domes), to many others in these threads PTZ mini, Open VPN etc..... still learning to me and hope to contribute more. Keep up the good work all!!!

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
True I even went to the task of creating a post to see how it's track record was going. After many posts it seemed reliable enough to try based on those results. I was going to wait it out for the v2 to run a bit longer but I was too tempted to try a chimney mount and look around.
I had not considered it was still winter in most areas and never predicted the new "heat" potential for issue.
At the end of the day as I said for 140 bucks it's a good trial ptz. I also came to realization that I have so many trees I can't see shit in summer anyway. The camera is also an excellent way to light up a dark area to assist my Hiks.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Like I said a few failed ones isn't indicator of reliability, it could have been just a bad batch.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I disassembled the dead camera today. I suspect the culprit is probably the small circuit board which is connected to the 12v supply and RJ45 connections. This board also controls the PT motors.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can you ask Monica to send you the part?
I think I'll give it a shot and send her an email and put in a request for the circuit board. If that small board is causing the problem, then it should be a fairly easy fix. Does she still have the yahoo.com email address? I can also contact her using whatsapp.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I think I'll give it a shot and send her an email and put in a request for the circuit board. If that small board is causing the problem, then it should be a fairly easy fix. Does she still have the yahoo.com email address? I can also contact her using whatsapp.
Yup same yahoo email, got reply from her last night, still no new firmware for v2... Also, sent her a follow up email about all these v1s going bad.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ooops, my mistake, the 12v & RJ45 connections go directly to a circuit board that's mounted on the lens assembly, so it could be either board causing the problem. Will see what Monica has to say.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
There has been no lightning or storms, just hot sunny days the last week or so. Wish it would rain. It's unusual for it to be so hot in June in my area.
Btw, the other user who had his died also had weather in the 90s...

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I sent Monica an email about the camera that died. Will post her response when I hear back from her. It's around 5:40 AM in China, so it might be a while.

I think it probably was the heat that killed mine. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Those boards are probably dirt cheap in China. I would expect the shipping to cost more than the board(s).

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I sent Monica an email about the camera that died. Will post her response when I hear back from her. It's around 5:40 AM in China, so it might be a while.

I think it probably was the heat that killed mine. :(
I am getting another v2 which will be mounted on the roof and exposed to elements entire summer we'll see how it does...

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Temps last week was about 105 average.86 average till Sunday then it reaches 100 on Sunday.hope it doesn't roast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Temps last week was about 105 average.86 average till Sunday then it reaches 100 on Sunday.hope it doesn't roast!
Does yours get direct sunlight in the afternoon? Mine was toast at around 3:00 PM with direct sunlight on it. At that time, the temp was about 98F.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Gets sunlight till about 11am I believe.all shade after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Does yours get direct sunlight in the afternoon? Mine was toast at around 3:00 PM with direct sunlight on it. At that time, the temp was about 98F.
yeah bummer, outdoor cams are in metal housings for a reason, v1 is all plastic. Even though the cam rated up to 133F operating temps it must be frying on the inside and combined with a low grade board. Makes sense why they changed v2s to all metal housing

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the metal housings act as a heatsink to transfer heat out.. its always hotter inside than it is outside.