Huisun 10x v1 mini PTZ completely dead

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Try this
请发送更换curcuit板作为我的PoE和直接动力不起作用
That's a good idea, although I don't know which circuit board is defective. There are two boards of which one is most likely causing the failure.

One board looks like a motor control board which is connected to another board that has power fed directly to it. Wish I had a spare v1 that could be used to swap out boards to determine which one is the culprit. Probably wouldn't do any good though because I'm sure Monica wouldn't offer to ship a board for free, even though the camera is in warranty. :(

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Try this
请发送更换curcuit板作为我的PoE和直接动力不起作用

You can't use the word circuit with China folks ... They think it a race or something ... use module board

Bill

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
curcuit != circuit, which may be why it didn't translate...

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Temperature could be a factor but I think the cause is more likely a lot of bad components used in manufacturing. Too many are going bad and Larebare lives in Washington State so temperature isn't much of an issue. At the time mine went bad it wasn't in direct sunlight.
Typically temperature isn't too bad in Washington State, but there was a heat wave with record high temperatures at the time (near 100 degrees)...As Lare posted later on, it was 98 degrees the afternoon the cam failed and it was in direct sunlight. The 98 is a shade temperature, so objects in direct sunlight would have been much hotter. We often hear of children having heat strokes inside hot cars because despite it only being 90 something outside, the inside of a locked car in direct sun can get over 150 degrees...

These cams are supposed to be rated to around 130 degrees, but I assume that either this is a completely made up number to make it seem workable in any climate....or either they did testing in a controlled environment and the components started failing at after 130 degrees, not realizing (or ignoring) the fact that 130 degrees could easily be reached inside the housing when in direct sunlight and only 90 something degrees outside air temp.

hell even the $250-$300 Imporx PTZ cameras, which I still consider cheap ass junk due to the shit firmware appear to have a much better track record so far on these forums.. so you dont have to go all the way to Dahua if you want some nice toys that dont break your bank.
For the record, you do realize that Imporx and Huisun are the same thing? Same factory, same parts used. If you're talking about the speed domes, they're available under both the Huisun and Imporx names too. I've yet to hear of any speed dome failures. The speed domes have a higher temperature range (up to like 150 degrees, I believe vs. the 130 on the mini-ptz) and also the speed domes have an automatic fan that activates at high temps, unlike the mini-ptz...Thus, if temperature is the problem, the speed dome versions should prove to be more reliable.

Monica said I could ship it back for repair, but of course that is not an option because of the cost to ship it to China. She said she would sell me a new V2 camera for about $150 including shipping. Geesh, I think I'll go shopping elsewhere. :sad2:
Have you checked just what the shipping would be? These are fairly light weight and could be sent using First Class International Mail. I think it's around $30 for a 3 pound package. If you could send just the circuit boards and/or a few specific pieces, you may even be able to get it in the $20 range.....I would think 20 or 30 bucks for a repair would be better than over $100 for a replacement....Granted, if it's a temperature issue, you'd probably run into the same problem again whether you repair or replace. You may be better off getting a speed dome.

You can't use the word circuit with China folks ... They think it a race or something ... use module board

Bill
I've found "pcb board" tends to work better than "circuit board" for some reason. Something about "pcb" abbreviation that the chinese seem to be more familiar with, in my experience.

Git

Banned
Reaction score
Today where I live it is 105 in the shade. I have (3) Huisun cameras - (2) 10x v1 and (1) 4x

The 4x sits in the sun all day long, one of the 10x is completely shaded and the other 10x gets the morning sun. So far no problems with any of them (10x were purchased about 6 months ago) - and it is supposed to get up to 110 tomorrow :(

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Today where I live it is 105 in the shade. I have (3) Huisun cameras - (2) 10x v1 and (1) 4x

The 4x sits in the sun all day long, one of the 10x is completely shaded and the other 10x gets the morning sun. So far no problems with any of them (10x were purchased about 6 months ago) - and it is supposed to get up to 110 tomorrow :(
Get the hell outta town! Heading to the beach as I type! Well, stop at the brewery first!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Going to be 101 average the whole week.let the test begin :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Git

Banned
Reaction score
Well - at least I don't have to worry about it rusting out :)

SNAG-0242.jpg

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
well, my huisun is over a year old, most of the day in the sun, today was 107, tomorrow is going to be about 111 and in the upper 90's for the rest of the week, the camera still working good, the focus problem that it has its more noticeable at night but not that bad any more.
Chewie

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 3 V1s survive summer here in Australia, and one of them is painted matte black and is in the the sun all day. Hopefully any failures due to heat are the exception rather than the norm.

macgus

n3wb
Reaction score
Finally put up my HS-SCB405IP-V10-(E) and couldn't be happier. We're having break-ins in my neighborhood and wanted something to cover my front door and driveway. Bought it from this link:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/2015-10X-optical-Mini-bullet-p2p_60190128931.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.DglF3m&biz_type=&crm_mtn_tracelog_template=200413050&crm_mtn_tracelog_task_id=4f4d8968-3348-4a0a-9144-361c4ed14ff6&crm_mtn_tracelog_from_sys=service_feedback&crm_mtn_tracelog_log_id=4000000000129715656

Next step is to configure it to record to my NAS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Finally put up my HS-SCB405IP-V10-(E) and couldn't be happier. We're having break-ins in my neighborhood and wanted something to cover my front door and driveway. Bought it from this link:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/2015-10X-optical-Mini-bullet-p2p_60190128931.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.DglF3m&biz_type=&crm_mtn_tracelog_template=200413050&crm_mtn_tracelog_task_id=4f4d8968-3348-4a0a-9144-361c4ed14ff6&crm_mtn_tracelog_from_sys=service_feedback&crm_mtn_tracelog_log_id=4000000000129715656

Next step is to configure it to record to my NAS.
Fantastic, please let us know which NAS and how you got on!

macgus

n3wb
Reaction score
Del Boy,

I've built my own using unraid. I try to stay away from the retail brands...way overpriced for what you get imho. The nice thing about unraid is you can use drives of different sizes. One drive is a parity drive (and must be at least as big as the largest drive you're using). Also with ver 6., you can use dockers and vm's. It's pretty versatile. My plan is to setup a win vm and go from there...

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'd quite like to make my own NAS. I have lots of old HDDs and plenty of spare old PCs, would quite like to combo them into a NAS with new and old HDDs and use old HDDs for older backups.

macgus

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd quite like to make my own NAS. I have lots of old HDDs and plenty of spare old PCs, would quite like to combo them into a NAS with new and old HDDs and use old HDDs for older backups.
That's where I was at 5 yrs. ago. Unraid runs off a USB stick. You can try it with 6 drives (I think) for 30 days to get a feel of how it works. I've tried them all but eventually settled on unraid. There is also a huge following on their forums.

https://lime-technology.com/

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's where I was at 5 yrs. ago. Unraid runs off a USB stick. You can try it with 6 drives (I think) for 30 days to get a feel of how it works. I've tried them all but eventually settled on unraid. There is also a huge following on their forums.

https://lime-technology.com/
I'll have a look thanks! I was going to try FreeNAS. I guess for £100 / $150 I really should eventually get a Pentium J3710 or something really energy efficient rather than a 35W Core i3, although they do turn themselves down. Will unraid wake on demand? Don't fancy having the NAS running 24/7 when only need it max 30 mins a day.

macgus

n3wb
Reaction score
I just leave unraid on...the hdrives spin down until needed. Never tried wake on demand...don't know about that. FREENAS' claim to fame is the zfs file system. You create multiple drive pools of the same drive size. That was the big turnoff for me. I've never had any problem with my drives.