Huisun 10x v1 mini PTZ completely dead

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
sounds like we need one of them thar surveys!

eg:

q#1: How many cam*months of huisun/imporx minit-ptzs have you owned
my answer: one for 4 months, one for 2, so thats 6 cam-months
q#2: How many failures have you experienced?
my answer: 0

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Q#1: one for 6 months, one for 5 months, 2 for 4 months, one for 2 months.

Q#2: 0 Failures, just one 4X V2 that sucks!!

PS. One of the 4 months was purchased used so not sure how old it actually is.

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Q#1: one for 6 months, one for 5 months, 2 for 4 months, one for 2 months.

Q#2: 0 Failures, just one 4X V2 that sucks!!

PS. One of the 4 months was purchased used so not sure how old it actually is.
end of September build

My oldest v2 now is 6 month old which had poe hiccup within the first day, others are about 3-4 month old. Unlike Hikvision 4MP cams which I couldn't wait to get rid of, these will be run to the ground. It will take a lot to beat the feature set of those Huisuns in this price range and I doubt we'll see anything better out of Hikivision/Dahua in a foreseeable future.

Interpon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mr primary cams are hik 4mp..no complaints usa bought is my primary.. With that said..no comparison on price point for 10 x minicam. Cannot wait to play! Of course i keep open mind when i get my ptz mini .

love the primary domes as noone notices them. The mini ptz will be obvious and know where pointing.hoping my poe+ injector insures me poe works flawless, maybe too low voltage as it says max 18 watts.

Noticed price moves all over the place..138-158.. I paid 146..slow boat.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Q#1: First Huisun purchased October 2015 - Still working fine.
Second purchased November 2015 - Dead
Third purchased November 2015 - Working fine but just installed a few days ago to replace dead camera.

Q#2: 1 Failure - 1st IP camera that has failed in the 8 years since my first camera purchase

Q#3: All include PoE which have worked fine with standard TP-Link PoE switches.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Q#1 One for 9 months, one for 8 months, one for 0 months (0 months camera was DOA).
Q#2 One failure, new camera purchased arrived DOA
Q#3 All cameras have POE.

Some details from my DOA camera. Purchased a new Huisun V1 from Monitech International Company Limited on May 9, 2016. Camera arrived on May 25, 2016. It was DOA on delivery. Symptom was the camera would power on but immediately rotate back and hit the bracket. It would work for about 60 to 90 seconds before dropping of the network (no longer visible from SADP or Internet Explorer). I worked with the seller trying various things. Nothing we tried would get the camera working. On the last day that I could open a dispute I reloaded the firmware, but it didn't help. The seller ended up providing me a full refund (which just appeared today on my credit card) of $168.00 and the seller sent me a prepaid shipping label to return the camera to a USA partner of theirs. The return shipping was via the USPS, so I just handed the box to our local postal carrier. While I was disappointed about the camera being DOA, the handling of the camera return couldn't have been easier. Needless to say, I don't think I will purchase another Huisun. I'm still happy with my 2 Huisun cameras that still work, but if one or both go bad, I will probably look at other cameras for a replacement.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
so far in this thread alone, 3 out of 5 owners have experienced failures in less than a year of these being on the market.. just sayin.

nobody on this forum will honestly suggest a Seagate HDD, and they have much better record than this.. whatever.

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cost annalist: $139 or $1200... we picked $139... can buy a few of these vs $1200 (and they might die too). We also shopped at china for cheap pricing. Until ptz's drop in price/GO Huisun. No complaints here/I knew what I was buying.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
$1200 my ass, I got my more capable black face dahua for less than half that from a US Vendor with a 3 year warranty, 2 years ago.. $1200 will get you a starlight PTZ with 40x Zoom, Laser IR and a Wiper

and ive asked more out of mine than any of you Huisun owners have even dreamed of.. mine effectively does the job of a half dozen fixed cameras.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well I bought huisun Ptz knowing there's a good failure rate and people who had them for months seem happy.been testing for a half hour.looks like a nice little cam.smaller than I expected.if these guys can perfect the cam board or whatever I can see them triple the sales.i added a Samsung 64gb sd cArd.lets see how it goes.im using trendnet Poe+ injector with ubiquiti cat6 cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Git

Banned
Reaction score
I bought two 10x V1 back in November - so it has been 6 months or so

Both are working great, I don't regret the decision to buy them - even if they only last for one year.

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If (or when) mine dies...I'll have no problem ordering another, and I've already gotten my monies worth....like, several times, since November. Don't even want to waste my energy hanging my old Hik turret at work, so it sits.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If (or when) mine dies...I'll have no problem ordering another, and I've already gotten my monies worth....like, several times, since November. Don't even want to waste my energy hanging my old Hik turret at work, so it sits.
You cant get your monies worth if the camera dies in 6 months. Its a factual impossibility.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Subjective. I've blown more money at the poker table and had a lot less fun doing it.
Its not subjective and the poker table is not analogous. If the camera lasts 6 months then it would be cheaper to buy a high quality dahua ptz over a two year period. Furthermore, the biggest issue with these failures is that you now dont have a camera covering the area until its replaced. The v1's have proven unreliable. Maybe the v2 will fair better.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
So yeah, it's a complete junk which has higher risk of failing, but no one is screaming about it, except nayr who doesn't even own one and his only solution is to spend 5x the amount. No thanks, I'll take my chances.

Frankly, I spend more on a cellphones every year as they don't seem to last then I did spend on 5 of those Huisuns.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
bad at maths much? its really 3x the amount.. replace a camera once and your almost there..

yeah I have a problem with these pieces of junk being advertised by members here in complete denial like they arent.. they are toys for boys, but tools for security they are not... at least not by my standards.

and for the record I was waiting to see the long term reliability before I wasted $150 on a piece of junk.. glad I waited to see the facts present them selves through all the bullshit.. if these turned out to be the least bit reliable I'd of got one sooner or later, just to play with as a curiosity because the PTZ Bullet form factor is pretty neat.

Last edited by a moderator:

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Its not subjective and the poker table is not analogous. If the camera lasts 6 months then it would be cheaper to buy a high quality dahua ptz over a two year period. Furthermore, the biggest issue with these failures is that you now dont have a camera covering the area until its replaced. The v1's have proven unreliable. Maybe the v2 will fair better.
It is subjective to me. I'm not selling LPR's for a living. If you've ever been into boating, racing, or espresso, you know what expensive hobbies can cost...I'm glad to have a cheap hobby for a change.