Huisun IP PTZ Camera, with Hikvision Protocols

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
It's also possible he hasn't calculated the bill yet.

th3bloody9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Livestream on youtube (Huisun PTZ camera from Monica).

:eek:h: It seems the live camera stream has gone offline. I wonder if barold took the stream offline deliberately or the camera has had a glitch?

I'm hoping to setup a live youtube stream with this camera so would love to know.

ilrider78

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
:eek:h: It seems the live camera stream has gone offline. I wonder if barold took the stream offline deliberately or the camera has had a glitch?

I'm hoping to setup a live youtube stream with this camera so would love to know.
Just checked and it still works.

th3bloody9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
annnnd online again :laugh:

I guess it must be going offline now and again. I suppose it could either be problems with the camera, the computer or the internet connection (possibly could even be YouTube's end). Would be interesting to know what sort of uptime it has achieved and whether problems have sorted themselves or required manually fixing.

th3bloody9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I tried my cam..don't work..any instruction?? thank you
What did you try? I have a v2 ordered and when it arrives I'm going to try set it up to stream to youtube live.

Unfortunately YouTube Live cannot connect to the camera stream directly, it needs an intermediate computer/server to encode the cameras RSTP stream to an RTMP stream which YouTube understands.

Barold is using FFmpeg running on a computer or server to encode the stream to RTMP. Here is a list of possible encoders I've found so far:

FFmpeg – Free (Windows, Mac, Linux – command line based)
Wirecast Play – Free (watermarked) + paid versions (Windows, Mac)
Open Broadcaster Software – Free (Windows, Mac, Linux)
XSplit Broadcaster – Free + paid versions (Windows)

I like the look of using FFmpeg but Wirecast Play looks like it will be much more user friendly.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What did you try? I have a v2 ordered and when it arrives I'm going to try set it up to stream to youtube live.

Unfortunately YouTube Live cannot connect to the camera stream directly, it needs an intermediate computer/server to encode the cameras RSTP stream to an RTMP stream which YouTube understands.

Barold is using FFmpeg running on a computer or server to encode the stream to RTMP. Here is a list of possible encoders I've found so far:

FFmpeg – Free (Windows, Mac, Linux – command line based)
Wirecast Play – Free (watermarked) + paid versions (Windows, Mac)
Open Broadcaster Software – Free (Windows, Mac, Linux)
XSplit Broadcaster – Free + paid versions (Windows)

I like the look of using FFmpeg but Wirecast Play looks like it will be much more user friendly.
For Wirecast, you would have to use the Wirecast Play Pro version ($549) in order to use an IP Camera as an input. The free or cheaper versions won't support this...Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see anywhere listed on the Open Broadcaster or XSplit where RTSP or IP Cam inputs were accepted? From what I'm seeing, it's either pay $549 for Wirecast Play Pro or try getting FFmpeg to work (not working for me)...

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
He probably has unlimited bandwidth.
Where he and myself live we have no limited internet as far as i know. Very small country, one of the largest internet exchanges in the world (non profit) We have no mountains etc. They only limit mobile phone internet, and that is a cash cow i think.

In general, isp have fair use policy, they never informed me i did too much traffic. My peak was 14TB in 5 days, and normal use is perhaps 2-3 TB/month.

th3bloody9

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For Wirecast, you would have to use the Wirecast Play Pro version ($549) in order to use an IP Camera as an input. The free or cheaper versions won't support this...Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see anywhere listed on the Open Broadcaster or XSplit where RTSP or IP Cam inputs were accepted? From what I'm seeing, it's either pay $549 for Wirecast Play Pro or try getting FFmpeg to work (not working for me)...
Ouch I didn't realise you need Wirecast Play Pro in order to use IP cameras. They sure know how to charge for these extra features!

Again I don't know for sure as I haven't even got my hands on an ip camera yet but from a little Googling it seems they both support RTSP inputs:

You can add an IP camera to XSplit Broadcaster as a video source if you have its RTSP URL (source)
and for OBS:

The media source in multiplatform will accept any source that the installed ffmpeg will support. (source)
I actually had a play with FFmpeg yesterday (on Mac) and eventually got it working with a demo RTSP stream.

This was the command that worked for both video and audio streaming at 480p:

--

ffmpeg -rtsp_transport tcp -i "rtsp://media.smart-streaming.com/mytest/mp4:sample.mp4" -acodec libmp3lame -ar 44100 -b:a 128k -pix_fmt yuv420p -profile:v baseline -s 854x480 -bufsize 2048k -vb 500k -maxrate 2000k -deinterlace -vcodec libx264 -preset medium -g 30 -r 30 -f flv "rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/YOURKEY"

--

Key:

Your cameras RTSP stream URL
Video size
Min bitrate
Max bitrate
Your unique stream key (get in YouTube dashboard)

The demo RTSP stream I found by googling. If anyone is willing to PM me a RTSP stream for their huisun camera I can try it out for you (maybe set a temp password?).

Encoding video is reasonably hard work on the CPU though and can soon max out your upstream connection too (if you don't have a great connection speed). Obviously the higher the quality the more resources it requires.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kent Smith

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been playing with my Huisun mini-PTZ with Blue Iris trying to get acquainted with everything.

For some reason I still cannot get the PTZ to work from BI with this camera. I believe I have searched through all the threads on this camera in here, but maybe I missed something.

1. The video is coming through fine in BI. So far I love the video capability.
2. I can run the PTZ from IE 10 directly on the camera with no problem.
3. I have a second camera (Foscam) connected and I can run the PTZ inside BI with no problem.
4. I set the camera's IP address to my computer's subnet.
5. Under BI PTZ/Control I selected Hikvision/Abus/Swann.
6. I downloaded SADP 3.0.0.2 and confirmed I can change the Ports.

I am a bit confused on all these different port settings through.

SADP says my camera is on Port 48000 which I selected. It shows HTTP Port 80. I assume that is OK to be different, or is that my problem? IE talks to it on port 80, so I assume that has nothing to do with the PTZ control.

7. BI settings show this camera on my IP address:48000
8. Under the configuration I selected the Hikvision.
9. Under the model I selected all 5 with no difference.
10. The Media/video/RTSP port is 554.
11. The Discovery port is 8999.
12. When I select the Inspect option I get:
Opening port 48000...
HTTP request...
Failed with HTTP 12031
Opening port 8999...
HTTP 12029
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
RTSP port open?
RTSP port detected!
Done
The camera web interface shows me the ports are:
HTTP Port 80
RTSP Port 554
HTTPS Port 443

The device info shows me:
Program VersionV2.0.1 Build 201603031830S
Control VersionMiniPtz_V1.0.2_build201603031541
Web Page Version1.1.1 Build 20160303
Plugin Version1.0.4.41

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Try OXML instead of Hikvision ptz in BI. If it's not OXML it's close to that spelling. Mine doesn't work under Hik but does with that one. There's a 5-10s pause only at the beginning before it starts moving though.