Huisun IP PTZ Camera, with Hikvision Protocols

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I use a 12v power supply 2mp, as POE is a little slow on the ptz functions

joot

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm guessing this is not a newbie user friendly video camera to set up then? Holes have to be drilled for power supply and ethernet cables have to be somehow connected to the device from inside the house router to it?

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Correct. Though someone printed the PCB and soldered the components for you, wrote the firmware and assembled hardware. This is plug and play by comparison. :)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, are you sure about that ? If the PTZ functionality with poe are slower, why the speed dome PTZ huisun that produces not have poe?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes I have tested the speed response with local power and poe and poe is slower to respond.

The speed dome, draws to much power with Hi power IR's and moving / focusing and tracking all at once that's why they come with a 4amp power block.

If a noob or pro this camera is easy as any Hikvision camera to setup, just more fun to play with.

Last edited by a moderator:

ElGato

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, are you sure about that ? If the PTZ functionality with poe are slower, why the speed dome PTZ huisun that produces not have poe?
Haven't you just argued the case for independent power on the basis that the speed dome doesn't have POE because it wouldn't be powerful enough to drive the speed.

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But I do not understand, for example Hikvision produces models speed dome with Poe how is possible ? The huisun speed dome camera consumes 38watt. The Poe+ are 30 watt max. They have given up the possibility of poe for only 8 watt ?
I can't believe it.

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
But I do not understand, for example Hikvision produces models speed dome with Poe how is possible ? The huisun speed dome camera consumes 38watt. The Poe+ are 30 watt max. They have given up the possibility of poe for only 8 watt ?
I can't believe it.

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk
To be perfectly honest I don't think many people will see it as an issue.
After all it is only a cable run to the nearest power supply.
There will be exceptions to this of course but for the majority it will be perfectly fine.

I have a Poe bullet but run with a dedicated power supply purely out of preference with the speed as mentioned above. I tested both personally myself

The thing with Poe especially when you get into ptz and the higher demanding stuff is you need very good cable and runs as short as possible with very good termination.
Which is easy for the professional installers but many diyers (including myself) tend to only be able to source inferior products ie cat5e at reasonable prices.

It's the same in every field.
For example I'm a plasterer by trade and can get the best quality angle beads for 49p plus vat. The average Joe blogs at the sheds etc can only get inferior branded stuff at over £1 a length.
They work ok, but they are never truely straight because they are so thin. But if that's all that's on offer they buy them.
I turn up and throw them out and use the proper stuff which everyone's happy with and gives a true'r square corner that doesn't look pissed.

I know I'm waffling off topic but it's an anoulogy that's true across the board.

Back to the original point the average Joe blogs won't know the difference between good cat5e and craps cat5e.

I have one run of cat5e that's so poor and thin it won't even power a static Poe cam.
Now I know better and source better grades but still choose to run dedicated power when possible because it also eliminates problems when troubleshooting as well.

DouglasteR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just make sure you dont use aluminium claded copper.

A quality Cat 5e, full copper can power 802.3at just fine.

Also, very nice camera. My hand is itching :(

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
CCA is only good for 20-30 feet max, rule of thumb is stick with a branded uv rated cat5e or Cat6, and I don't mean belden as that's high price and rubbish.

vortexya

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all and my first post here after lurking for some time...
I am also intrigued by these cams.
I have a Hikvision turret (PoE) and Blue Iris, works a treat.
The "midspan PoE" units from Axis has 60 watt versions and some places have 95 watters
So the PoE really affects the speed of the unit, can you estimate by how much difference?
http://www.axis.com/au/en/products/power-over-ethernet/high-poe-midspans-and-splitter
I am hoping this model supports PoE (still waiting for Monica)
If not I guess the dedicated power supply will be the go.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/20X-optical-zoom-and-1-3MP-middle-speed-dome-camera-with-auto-tracking-and-alarm-PTZ/32381200334.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_6,searchweb201644_4_10001_10002_10005_301_10006_10003_10004_62,searchweb201560_2,searchweb1451318400_6151,searchweb1451318411_6449
Fingers crossed, now to check out this amazing forum,
thanks everyone for all of this great info
Gazza
edited after more lurking..

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A midspan tends to work better than a standard POE switch, I've used the AXIS 90 watts nice and stable a will run any PTZ without issue.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I just switched out my PoE switch for a PoE+ switch and can't really measure any speed difference. Through the web interface with the speed slider turned up high, I got 24 seconds before and 24 seconds after from full left to full right.

nunonbreak

n3wb
Reaction score
Which PTZ protocol does this use in blue iris? I selected Huisun for the camera type, there was only one camera option in there, the default PTZ protocol was OXML, that doesn't work, also tried sony and hikvision protocols.

It does do its little PTZ startup dance successfully, so I know it has power. Also tried using Hikvision as the camera type, camera works, PTZ does not.

It is model number DM-SCB405IP-V03-E

Can't seem to determine how to find the firmware anywhere, not listed in SADP or the web interface.

ambra

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Which PTZ protocol does this use in blue iris? I selected Huisun for the camera type, there was only one camera option in there, the default PTZ protocol was OXML, that doesn't work, also tried sony and hikvision protocols..
To have the PTZ function you must set Hikvision

BI.JPG

I have a question. What do you think about: 2016 HUISUN New Model 2.0MP HS-SCB415IP-V10-E with Sony CMOS Sensor and Ambarella S2LM versus HS-SCB405IP-V10-E ?
The Ambarella S2Lm IP Camera Processor is better than Ambarella A5S ? anyway it is newer.

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dang barold...won't that get expensive? ISP has the bits to burn, eh?