superfake123

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
the crashing in Chrome has stopped at least on the stable channel

jdomke1

n3wb
Reaction score
the crashing in Chrome has stopped at least on the stable channel
What exactly is the "stable channel"? I've been having this issue in Chrome for months now. I kept thinking it was one of the plug ins or extensions. After disabling them all it still happens. Something Java related?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The "stable channel" just means a normal installation that gets its updates from the normal source, i.e. "stable" releases. If you are seeing crashes still, I recommend you go to the Menu > About Google Chrome and it will check for an update.

I'm on Version 41.0.2272.118 m

Normally chrome automatically updates without you even noticing.

jdomke1

n3wb
Reaction score
The "stable channel" just means a normal installation that gets its updates from the normal source, i.e. "stable" releases. If you are seeing crashes still, I recommend you go to the Menu > About Google Chrome and it will check for an update.

I'm on Version 41.0.2272.118 m

Normally chrome automatically updates without you even noticing.
I have 41.0.2272.118 m (64-bit)

jdomke1

n3wb
Reaction score
So apparently the UI2 webpage does not cause the crashing as seen with the ALLCAMS, JPEGPULL and JPEGPULL2 pages.

adimw

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
BP2008 you rock, amazing pages - I hope that the dev of BI discusses adopting these mainstream with you at some point.
Sorry to be another moaning bastard but I am often having trouble with the clips/alerts not loading. I've tried regenerating the clip database and it displays fine in BI4, but no dice on the web version. Not in your files nor in the factory BI4 web server files.

I appreciate that this is probably the complete wrong place to ask this question given that the clips don't appear in the native BI web page but if anyone has any other ideas as to possible cause/solution I'd love to hear them

randyh

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank You , bp2008. I really wanted to move BI to a different PC than my every day use PC, but was holding back because of the limited factory Remote View. After installing your alternative pages I can make this move with less concern. Thanks again for sharing this.

randy

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words from you all.

Sorry to be another moaning bastard but I am often having trouble with the clips/alerts not loading. I've tried regenerating the clip database and it displays fine in BI4, but no dice on the web version. Not in your files nor in the factory BI4 web server files.
LOL. Not a problem. It sounds like the user account does not have permission to view clips. You can change this in Blue Iris' Options window under the Users tab.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I doubt these pages ever get included in the official Blue Iris release. That was never a goal of this project, and the Blue Iris developer has not approached me about it. I am sure he has his own plans for the web server pages, and adopting UI2 would only delay them.

adimw

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
LOL. Not a problem. It sounds like the user account does not have permission to view clips. You can change this in Blue Iris' Options window under the Users tab.
You're a wizard Harry. I'd turned off authentication for LAN streams and it must have been using the anon credentials. reenabled authentication on LAN and its fine, realised I had my streaming set to a lowly 1024k. Fixed that too. Cheers

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup, the anonymous account is used when authentication is disabled. You can give the anonymous account whatever permissions you like though.

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have a request for bp2008 for a minor change/addition. Is there any way you could make a layout or button that will take whatever camera images are currently being shown on the screen and wrap them to the width of the web browser? The reason I ask is because I have a somewhat unique situation where my monitor is permanently mounted in the portrait orientation (taller than wide) and I am unable to change it. So when I view more than one camera it looks like this:

If the images wrapped, then I would hope that I could take advantage of my portrait "screen real estate" and it would look like this:

Or if you aren't able to do it for everyone, can you tell me how I can edit the HTML to make it work for my computer?

Thanks!

Attachments

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The good news is that you CAN change it. The bad news is you have to do it for each camera group and it may require some tweaking for optimal sizing. That edit is actually in Blue Iris's settings, not in the HTML :)

Look for this little section in Blue Iris under your cameras. Here, you can specify the frame size for each of your camera groups and make them fit your portrait-view monitor better. Blue Iris takes the frame size you tell it and does its best to fit the cameras into that frame, so you may find that a different frame size is most efficient for each group.

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Thanks bp2008...

It worked well and it was good that the control for that change is by the group because I have other computers that I use to monitor Blue Iris and those computers have the usual landscape screen orientation which means I don't have to change the view for those computers (as long as I create groups strictly for the portrait oriented computer).

It worked well! Thanks!

Zorac

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
just curious, did the profile switch as discussed on page 6 ever get implemented? i was trying to find the ability to do the switching in ui2 and cant find it.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I have uploaded a new version of the pages.

Changes include:

+ Stoplight button is now clickable. This requires that the session has administrator privileges. There is an option to disable the button and make the stoplight a visual indicator only.
+ The Profile/Schedule status text has been replaced by profile/schedule buttons that look and behave like the buttons in Blue Iris's main GUI. This requires that the session has administrator privileges. There is an option to disable the buttons and make them a visual indicator only.

- The previous two versions (since Feb 25, 2015) accidentally contained my copy of ui2-local-overrides.js. If anyone was actually using a custom ui2-local-overrides.js file and was affected by my mistake, I apologize!

Important note: At this time there seems to be a bug in Blue Iris 4.0.4.3 (and likely some older versions) that prevents UI2 from upgrading a non-administrator session to a full administrator session. I have contacted the Blue Iris developer requesting that he look into this. If this affects you in the meantime, the workaround is to click Log Out and log back in the old-fashioned way, with an administrator account.

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
HI BP,

Thank you for all the work you put into this. I downloaded the latest and the Profiles and Stoplight show up and are clickable. I don't see the Schedules anywhere and this would be very useful as I use Schedules for home and away. Any clues?

Thanks again!