I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Now, for one other question... The 'play next clip' toggle, when enabled, plays the 'next previous' clip. IOW, it is playing the clips from newest to oldest (backwards order). Is there a way to toggle the direction?
Get the latest version, then it uses the more logical order and you will find a toggle switch in the UI Behavior settings to reverse the playback order.

Thank you for this custom remote view!! You did a great job. I was about to create a custom one myself but found this and it has everything I wanted and the design is slick!! Keep up the good work!! once again GREAT JOB!!
Thanks! :)

I was just wondering is it possible to download/ export the clips remotely? Or is this just not possible with BI using the web interface?
It is possible to download the clips remotely, but not "export" them to a different format. Load http://your_address/clips/ to get a list of clip files, then click on one to download it. You will need to have directory listing enabled in BI's web server options. Of course, if you save clips in .bvr format this will be of little use to you, at least until Ken writes a standalone .bvr player.

Reaction score
It is possible to download the clips remotely, but not "export" them to a different format. Load http://your_address/clips/ to get a list of clip files, then click on one to download it. You will need to have directory listing enabled in BI's web server options. Of course, if you save clips in .bvr format this will be of little use to you, at least until Ken writes a standalone .bvr player.
I had a feeling you would say that. :)

I'm having a slight issue! I'm trying to change the profile and it says Administrator Login I type my username and password then it pops up saying Failed to login. I did check BI and the account has a check in Administrator.

Also with your UI will it sound on trigger or alert? like if motion is detected have an alarm like the default web view?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm having a slight issue! I'm trying to change the profile and it says Administrator Login I type my username and password then it pops up saying Failed to login. I did check BI and the account has a check in Administrator.
I can't even guess what is wrong. Try clicking log out in the upper right, then log in through the normal login form using the same administrator account.

Also with your UI will it sound on trigger or alert? like if motion is detected have an alarm like the default web view?
It will not. This is a possibility for the future, but I do not have any plans to add it.

Reaction score
I can't even guess what is wrong. Try clicking log out in the upper right, then log in through the normal login form using the same administrator account.
I actually already tried. :)
When I get back to my office I will look at it somemore if you can think of anything let me know.
Thanks.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Ok, another feature request (I'm sooo needy, and you reward bad behavior by accommodating the requests!). In the BI stock browser, when playing a given alert, if you don't stop it, or move to the next alert (up or down), the alert/clip that it's currently on, keeps on playing - right through to the next alert on the same camera clip.

That is, if I'm on camera 1, watching an alert which book marks to time 01:00:00, after that specific alert is finished (say 5 seconds) the clip keeps on playing - i.e. 01:05:00 keeps going.

Is there a way to integrate a toggle that will allow alert clips to continue playing on the existing clip rather than either stop or move to the next camera alert?

It's probably better the way you have it set up, but my brain appears to have been hard-coded with the way the stock player works.

On an aside, I've stopped receiving all notifications from ipcamtalk.com when new posts are made. I've verified that I didn't accidentally mark the domain as a spam sender. Seems odd. Anyone else missing notifications?

EDITED TO ADD:

Are you updating the txt file with each update? I didn't upgrade since the txt file showed 0.9.2 from my last update - and it matched the same ver/date of the current one. Yet, when I did copy it over, I suddenly had the reverse autoplay option. Could just be me - I get confused easily. Way. too. easily.

Last edited by a moderator:

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
My files do not replace the original web pages (except for the login page). So you have to point your browser directly at the ui2.htm page. I recommend you go to Blue Iris' user configuration options and set ui2.htm as the homepage for every user account. This way when you enter your server address without specifying a page name, you will get ui2.
Need some help with this... When I put in my http://BI_URL:PORT/UI2.HTM I still get directed to the default.htm.

Does this work only on non-admin users? or is there a different syntax for that homepage field?

LTek

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
BP2008

Quick posting suggestion... maybe put in the first post the version # and date of the latest update. This way we know when it is updated?

thx for the great work!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, another feature request (I'm sooo needy, and you reward bad behavior by accommodating the requests!). In the BI stock browser, when playing a given alert, if you don't stop it, or move to the next alert (up or down), the alert/clip that it's currently on, keeps on playing - right through to the next alert on the same camera clip.

That is, if I'm on camera 1, watching an alert which book marks to time 01:00:00, after that specific alert is finished (say 5 seconds) the clip keeps on playing - i.e. 01:05:00 keeps going.

Is there a way to integrate a toggle that will allow alert clips to continue playing on the existing clip rather than either stop or move to the next camera alert?
You have two options.

1. Disable the seek bar in Options > UI Behavior. If you have the seek bar enabled, it will stop at the end of the advertised clip/alert duration. If the seek bar is disabled, UI2 will continue playback indefinitely, and loop automatically, just like jpegpull.htm.

OR

2. View with the Clip list instead of the Alert list.

On an aside, I've stopped receiving all notifications from ipcamtalk.com when new posts are made. I've verified that I didn't accidentally mark the domain as a spam sender. Seems odd. Anyone else missing notifications?
I got notifications today, so I don't think it is broken.

Are you updating the txt file with each update? I didn't upgrade since the txt file showed 0.9.2 from my last update - and it matched the same ver/date of the current one. Yet, when I did copy it over, I suddenly had the reverse autoplay option. Could just be me - I get confused easily. Way. too. easily.
Yes, the txt file gets updated each time, and the change log I include in posts is (usually) a copy/paste of the change log in the txt file.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Need some help with this... When I put in my http://BI_URL:PORT/UI2.HTM I still get directed to the default.htm.

Does this work only on non-admin users? or is there a different syntax for that homepage field?
It should just work. Though if you want you can edit each user and set ui2.htm as the default page. Maybe that will solve your problem. Try user lower case letters too.

BP2008

Quick posting suggestion... maybe put in the first post the version # and date of the latest update. This way we know when it is updated?

thx for the great work!
That is just one more manual thing for me to screw up ...

MEZERR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
One more keyboard shortcut request. How about a keyboard shortcut to enable / disable (toggle) the clip/alert side bar? Right now I drag the bar open, and closed, and would be sweet to have a keyboard toggle to do that. :)

(Double clicking seems to open it, but doesn't close it)

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Double clicking the drag-bar just resizes the side bar to its default size :)

Anyway, yes, I can add a hotkey for showing and hiding the side bar.

Hermit

n3wb
Reaction score
I've noticed a change in behavior recently and thought I'd find out if anyone can explain it.
I'm using UI2 0.9.1 with BI 4.1.6.2 x64.

At some point I found that I could go to one camera's webcast tab and disable the checkbox marked JPEG, MJPEG, H.264, web/mobile streaming. This allowed me to set up alerts that would send email for certain types of motion, but the camera would never show up anywhere in UI2.

Something changed recently (past few weeks?) that is allowing UI2 to capture and play clips from that camera even though the live view never shows that camera.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It would have been a Blue Iris change, though I don't know which one. Maybe if you mark the camera as Hidden then its clips will not appear?

Hermit

n3wb
Reaction score
It would have been a Blue Iris change, though I don't know which one. Maybe if you mark the camera as Hidden then its clips will not appear?
Thanks. I tried that and it made no difference. UI2 shows the clips for cameras that are hidden and have the streaming turned off. Perhaps it was meant to work this way and I was taking advantage of a bug that got fixed!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I am going to create an automatic update notification system for UI2. If an update is available, UI2 will show you a little message box in the corner, and there will be a link to download the update. The update will still have to be downloaded and extracted manually.

These update notifications will be enabled by default, but will be easily disabled if you find them to be a nuisance. If you happen to be someone who installs UI2 for customers or family members and don't want UI2 doing update notifications, you will be able to disable the update notifications using ui2-local-overrides.js. Exactly how to do this will be documented thoroughly in the change log when I launch the update notification feature.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
That's a great improvement.

I do have another issue - which I think I'll need to ask Ken about. When I log into my BI stock webpage (using the activex default.htm), the stream/bandwidth limit keeps me to about 1mbps (which is what I have defined as the max activex bandwidth).

But, when I log into ui2, that cap is gone, and the client pulls at 10+ mbps - presumably because it's using jpgs, and not activex.

I've played with the various UI2 settings to lower the bandwidth (scaling, quality, dpi, etc), but to approach anywhere near the 1mbps I see with the stock BI webpage, the quality is so poor as to be completely useless.

Assuming that the UI2 can't use activex, are the plans to implement that capability at some point down the road? Is there anything I'm missing that might help improve the bandwidth/quality ratio at lower bit rates?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Jpeg-based viewing doesn't really use bit rates. It works by downloading one frame at a time, and this download happens as quickly as possible. Smaller images do usually decrease bandwidth usage, but only because they finish downloading before the connection speed really has time to ramp up. That, and there is always a short period of time after each image while the next image is being requested, during which your browser is not actually downloading any image data. This period of inactivity lasts between a few dozen and a few hundred milliseconds depending on your latency to the server. Smaller images means this period of inactivity comes more often, and as a result you see lower bandwidth usage. You can artificially increase this period of inactivity in UI2's options. It is the Jpeg Refresh delay. The first option in the Video Streaming category. This is the most effective bandwidth control you will have which doesn't involve reducing image quality. With it, you can reduce your average bandwidth usage to whatever you want. But it will still be spikes of heavy activity followed by periods of inactivity. If Blue Iris ever implements upload throttling for its web server, then you could do throttle it more smoothly. But I don't honestly think that would be worth Ken's time to implement. I would much rather see him support html5 streaming to all browsers, as that would be far more efficient and a more easily controlled network load.

UI2 can't and never will use the ActiveX plugin (I mean, technically it would be possible, but I have no interest in doing it). Microsoft's new Edge browser does not support ActiveX plugins, and I believe Ken is trying to make html5 video work in Blue Iris now given the most recent change log.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
There is nothing like that built into my pages, though Blue Iris supposedly has the ability to time limit each user, I have never even tried it.

Gibby13

n3wb
Reaction score
There is nothing like that built into my pages, though Blue Iris supposedly has the ability to time limit each user, I have never even tried it.
Hmmmmm, just checked in Blue Iris and I don't have it set, but for some reason when I am at work I get prompted 3-4 times during the day to login back in. Sometimes it won't take it and I have to close the tab and open it back up.