I made a better remote-live-view page [OLD]

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You mean to change where each camera appears in the grid? Alas, no, this is controlled only within Blue Iris's local GUI and the ordering affects all users and all camera groups at the same time.

Jury

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You mean to change where each camera appears in the grid? Alas, no, this is controlled only within Blue Iris's local GUI and the ordering affects all users and all camera groups at the same time.
Understood. Thanx.

Andrew S

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello Brian.

I came across an interesting "feature" today - if the "View recorded clips" flag is switched off for a user in BI, UI2 generates an error message: "Failed to load clip list. Will try again. parsererror SyntaxError: Unterminated string constant".

In this case would it be possible for you to either disable the clip list or parse that flag and set some kind of "No Clips" message?

Thanks so much for this excellent web interface - it really makes a difference.

- Andrew.

Mappy

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks.

For anyone experiencing a similar issue, the problem Jury was having is that Blue Iris appears to be sending a "403 Forbidden" response where it is expected to redirect to the user's homepage. Everything looked fine and normal all the way through the login procedure (the login completed successfully) but something failed afterward. I informed the Blue Iris developer of this, but I suspect more people will have to report it before he can find the cause.

CrazyFin's situation sounded a little different so we'll see what happens there.
First of all thank you for the work you've put into this! I'm having the same issue, attempt to login and it reverts back to the login screen; It seems sporadic. I find that ctrl-alt-del and clearing all cache & cookies seems to fix it temporarily. Do you recommend reporting the issue directly to Blue Iris? My support has run out so i'm not sure if they care to hear from me or not!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you running the latest Blue Iris version (4.5.7.2)? Some of the recent Blue Iris versions had a bug where logging out using UI2 ended up sending you to a login page with a parameter "page=/logout.htm". The result of this was that once you logged in, the login page would send you to logout.htm, you session would be logged out, and you would be sent back to the login page. That is the only cause of the login-screen-revert that I have been able to identify.

Also, while this won't fix any actual bugs, it may serve as a workaround for you to bookmark the ui2.htm page itself (don't bookmark login.htm). When necessary, Blue Iris will redirect you to login.htm with a "page=/ui2.htm" parameter.

If none of that helps, we can try to figure out what is causing this for you, by other means. I doubt that Blue Iris support will be able to help with this.

Mappy

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep, 4.5.7.2 I'll have to pay closer attention to the URL when it happens again. I've got domain: port/ui2.htm bookmarked but unfortunately it hasn't helped when this bug has arose. I'll try to open a ticket with B.I. and update this post if I find a solution.

Falcon

n3wb
Reaction score
New user to Blue Iris and interested in this interface after all the positive comments.

I hate to ask a stupid question but where is the www folder? Do I need to create a new folder and name it www? Or should it have been created when BI was installed?
I do not see it under the BI install. Just folders for clip storage.

Falcon

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Look at Blue Iris options , web server tab, to see where the web server root folder is. That is normally "www" inside the same folder as BlueIris.exe.

Falcon

n3wb
Reaction score
I have BIv4 running on a dedicated WIN 10 Pro PC.

I was able to open the ui2.htm file using a MINIX mini PC running WIN 10 PRO hard-wired to the same LAN.

I also have a MINIX Android mini PC hard-wired to the same LAN but I was not able to open the ui2.htm file using the Chrome app. Is there an Android browser app that will open that file? I assume this is an Android compatibility issue since the MINIX WIN 10 PRO mini PC works.

Falcon

Falcon

n3wb
Reaction score
And what happens when you try to load it that way?
I will report the exact Android/Chrome error message when I get home.

Additionally, both the MINIX Z83-4 WIN 10 machine and the MINIX U9-H Android machine are hard-wired to the same router. The BIv4 server PC is reached via WIFI from an AP off of that same router. The paths from both MINIX machines to the BIv4 server are essentially the same. I’m sure it’s an issue with the Android machine & Chrome but I hope someone has solved this previously.

Falcon

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope you don't mean your BI PC is connected to everything else by wifi. The BI computer is the very last thing you want to use wifi on.

Anyway it is highly unlikely that your problem is network related.

Falcon

n3wb
Reaction score
I hope you don't mean your BI PC is connected to everything else by wifi. The BI computer is the very last thing you want to use wifi on.

Anyway it is highly unlikely that your problem is network related.
I am connecting the BI PC to the LAN via WIFI until I get it moved to a better location. Then it will be hard-wired as well. Haven't had any issues I can contribute to the WIFI connection.

Tried again on Android Chrome and Android Firefox. Firefox just went to a Yahoo search. Chrome returned the same results. See attachment.

20170609_183329.jpg

Falcon

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
See the ERR_UNSAFE_PORT thing?

I've never seen that error before but google tells me it is because chrome is blocking some non-standard ports.

Code:
  1,    // tcpmux
  7,    // echo
  9,    // discard
  11,   // systat
  13,   // daytime
  15,   // netstat
  17,   // qotd
  19,   // chargen
  20,   // ftp data
  21,   // ftp access
  22,   // ssh
  23,   // telnet
  25,   // smtp
  37,   // time
  42,   // name
  43,   // nicname
  53,   // domain
  77,   // priv-rjs
  79,   // finger
  87,   // ttylink
  95,   // supdup
  101,  // hostriame
  102,  // iso-tsap
  103,  // gppitnp
  104,  // acr-nema
  109,  // pop2
  110,  // pop3
  111,  // sunrpc
  113,  // auth
  115,  // sftp
  117,  // uucp-path
  119,  // nntp
  123,  // NTP
  135,  // loc-srv /epmap
  139,  // netbios
  143,  // imap2
  179,  // BGP
  389,  // ldap
  465,  // smtp+ssl
  512,  // print / exec
  513,  // login
  514,  // shell
  515,  // printer
  526,  // tempo
  530,  // courier
  531,  // chat
  532,  // netnews
  540,  // uucp
  556,  // remotefs
  563,  // nntp+ssl
  587,  // stmp?
  601,  // ??
  636,  // ldap+ssl
  993,  // ldap+ssl
  995,  // pop3+ssl
  2049, // nfs
  3659, // apple-sasl / PasswordServer
  4045, // lockd
  6000, // X11
  6665, // Alternate IRC [Apple addition]
  6666, // Alternate IRC [Apple addition]
  6667, // Standard IRC [Apple addition]
  6668, // Alternate IRC [Apple addition]
  6669, // Alternate IRC [Apple addition]

Change Blue Iris to listen on port 80 (which is standard for http) or 81 or really any other port besides those listed in the spoiler block above.