I Ordered an Axis Communications Axis Q1808-LE Camera

My screen looks exactly like that. Except that it has this.

profile_1 h264
profile_1_h264

profile_1 jpeg
profile_1_jpeg

profile_1 h265
profile_1_h265

Anything else I have to do? By the way thank you for taking the time to help me out. Also, it does not have Analytics when you click on the h264 profile.

Edit: My camera has a separate page for Analytics metadata. It is right below ONVIF under System.

I suggest you go thru every single settings of the camera interface and turn on/off thing you want, then you can go back the streaming profile in ONVIF and enable/disable whatever features you want your onvif stream to have, resolution, metadata, etc. For example, you'd manually turn on the Axis Video Motion Detection in APPS in order for the ONVIF stream to send motion metadata to the NVR.

Also, sign up an account at Download device software | Axis Communications so you can get the latest firmware with the latest analytics software.

BlueIris supports PTZ and Preset Positions on Axis camera, the trick is to name those Preset Position by numbers, ie. 1 , 2 , and so on.

Last edited:
The problem I am trying to solve today on my Hikvision NVR is "your browser is not supported". This pops up when I go to configuration/ camera management on the NVR. When it works this allows me to get into the internals of the camera and make adjustments and includes zooming in and out. I am using Internet Explorer. I know how to go to "settings", and then default browser. I am just not sure what to enter in that section to allow access to this camera.

I have been able to have the camera show up on the NVR using the address 192.168.0.XXX. I had to change the outgoing port IPv4 address. I thought that might make a difference, but it did not. It still will not let me have anything over a 1mp picture.

Internet Explorer is no longer supported by anyone. Use chrome, firefox or edge instead.

Edge does not work as well or at all with my system. This feature works with my Hikvision and Dahua cameras on the same NVR using Internet Explorer. This Axis camera has been a doozy. I am learning something everyday. I may have to hire an IT tech who knows something about cameras to come over and take a look.

Edge does not work as well or at all with my system. This feature works with my Hikvision and Dahua cameras on the same NVR using Internet Explorer. This Axis camera has been a doozy. I am learning something everyday. I may have to hire an IT tech who knows something about cameras to come over and take a look.
I used to have a LaView (rebrand Hikvision) NVR, once I experienced BlueIris demo on a cheap computer, I sold that NVR and use that money to buy BlueIris. I still have couple old Hikvision camera that doesn't have view on their web interface because their plugin only works with internet explorer, and as you know, internet explorer is no longer supported by Microsoft.

I would strongly suggest trying out BlueIris.

Last edited:
Internet Explorer is no longer supported by anyone. Use chrome, firefox or edge instead.

Just because it isn't supported doesn't mean it isn't still available.

It is still baked into Win 10 and Win 11 and many cameras will only work with Explorer.

That is why it is still the go to web browser for many people as it relates to these kind of cameras.

Last edited:
Reactions: Parley
I used to have a LaView (rebrand Hikvision) NVR, once I experienced BlueIris demo on a cheap computer, I sold that NVR and use that money to buy BlueIris. I still have couple old Hikvision camera that doesn't have view on their web interface because their plugin only works with internet explorer, and as you know, internet explorer is no longer supposed by Microsoft.

I would strongly suggest trying out BlueIris.

I suggested BI on this post LOL.

Parley already has to run several NVRs because they can't keep up with the resolution of the cameras he has, but BI would be able to and keep it all in one location, and cheaper than an Axis NVR!

Just because it isn't supported doesn't mean it isn't still available.

It is still baked into Win 10 and Win 11 and many cameras will only work with Explorer.

That is why it is still the go to web browser for many people.
I can't even manually open internet explorer on my Windows 10 and Windows 11 machines.

I can't even manually open internet explorer on my Windows 10 and Windows 11 machines.

For everyone here, this works:
  • Open Notepad:
    • Copy then paste the single line of code below into Notepad:
    • CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application").Visible=true
    • Save as OpenIE.vbs
  • Make sure the the file name ends in .vbs not .txt, If it ends in .txt you must rename to .vbs
  • Create a shortcut to the above file and double-click it anytime you want native Internet Explorer.

You probably already did this but you can choose the h.264 profile and set bitrate

Add-axis-camera-to-hikvision-nvr-onvif-5.webp

I would just access the camera GUI directly in a browser, make my settings there and let the NVR just record.

Last edited:
You probably already did this but you can choose the h.264 profile and set bitrate

View attachment 205217

I would just access the camera GUI directly in a browser, make my settings there and let the NVR just record.

Thank you for the reply. By the way my camera does not have that screen. I was going to do that, but I cannot get a 4k rate from the camera going through the NVR port at the present time. At best it is something under 1K.

Here is a photo taken from the NVR in the garage. It is somewhat darker as there is no light on, and the garage door is closed. Some light is coming in from the garage door. Is this 4K?

Axis Camera NVR4 Garage.jpg

Nope thats a low res image. 750k or so