Important!!IVS failed and Triangle warnning issue Solutions for 4MP AI models

harb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok, but seeing that my NVR is also having problems with it I think there is something wrong with the 5442!

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
hmm maybe. Funny thing is all my 'Chinese to english hacked' camera's work fine from pc, mobile and NVR. A legit one is giving me problems!
Same for me. The setup on the "Chinese junk" cameras just works, and the camera does what you expect it to. In all fairness, I attribute this to older and more stable hardware and firmware vs. bleeding edge technology in the newer models. And after a couple of years, 2 of my Chinese market cameras have quit working. For what they cost I'm not crying too hard.

korbzz

n3wb
Reaction score
Can Duhua not release a revised firmware so that a reflash will solve the issue?
Apparently it is a license error rather than a firmware error, so regardless of what firmware is loaded, unless the license is current and valid you will always get the triangle error.

harb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any idea please what the turn around time is for getting the triangle fix? I just emailed Andy my .dat file a couple of hours ago.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Any idea please what the turn around time is for getting the triangle fix? I just emailed Andy my .dat file a couple of hours ago.
You do realise that he’s not a bot but a real live human person, so he has to eat, sleep, go to the toilet, see his family etc.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Apparently it is a license error rather than a firmware error, so regardless of what firmware is loaded, unless the license is current and valid you will always get the triangle error.
Very strange if that license didn’t come with the firmware? After all it was as a result of updating the firmware that resulted in this error so logically updated firmware might well resolve the issue.

korbzz

n3wb
Reaction score
Very strange if that license didn’t come with the firmware? After all it was as a result of updating the firmware that resulted in this error so logically updated firmware might well resolve the issue.
Firmware is generic, the license is cam specific. Unless there's a logic change in the firmware maybe for the license check?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I think I understand, a firmware update has obviously touched/overwritten something which is individual to the cam so a general update now can’t fix it.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Firmware checks license, license comes back says its expired. Thus the triangle.

So its not a matter of updating the FW, its a matter of updating the license.

Buddym

n3wb
Reaction score
Firmware checks license, license comes back says its expired. Thus the triangle.

So its not a matter of updating the FW, its a matter of updating the license.
You are right, only an license update will fix this issue, I have updated 2 of my cams from "General_IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_Eng_NP_Stream3_V2.800.0000000.0.R.190521.bin" to the new official release "V2.800.0000000.8.R, Build Date: 2019-09-02". The issue didn't fix.

At the moment I'am still waiting for the fixing files from Andy of the files which I have send him last week.

korbzz

n3wb
Reaction score
Just an update that I was able to get a fix for my license issue. Andy was able to send a new config tool where you can access the license section while in English. I added the cameras manually rather than letting tool detect them. Bam, update worked. Cheers to Andy for working through with me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gijsv

n3wb
Reaction score
I want to extract the DAT file, but i only have a MAC or an old Windows XP machine. Is there a way to get it this file out of the cam?
Edit: used my neighbors laptop, that worked fine.

Last edited: