Important!!IVS failed and Triangle warnning issue Solutions for 4MP AI models

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Going through this now with Andy. I tested installing the config tool in English and Chinese.
I installed both versions and compared the resultant dat files.
Produces the identical dat file whether run in Chinese or English.
Was much easier to understand the tool settings in English for me.

I specified a search IP range of only my camera.

2MuchTech

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank goodness there's now an English language version of the license tool! I just received a brand new 5442 camera (via Amazon) today and it has the dreaded license problem. I originally tried following the Chinese language steps, and it was a nightmare (in hindsight, probably because the .EXE file that's now up there has different on-screen layout than the Word document shows, so clicking on the things shown in the Word document doesn't work anymore). Anyway, it was MUCH easier to get the .DAT file once I reinstalled the utility as an English language install.

BTW, I have several of these 5442 cameras, and this is the only one with the license problem, but my other 5442s don't appear to have any of the IVS functions. Do any of you know if this is also a license issue that needs to be resolved with this license tool? My latest 5442 that has the license issue gives me access to all of the IVS functions, but the ones I bought a few weeks ago do not.

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Of my the two Loryta IPC-HDW5541H-AS-PV from Andy. One suffers this issue while the other does not. The English license tool made getting the dat file much easier. I agree, the Chinese tool's screen layout does not match the Word document instructions very well. You end up blindly guessing which button to click.

Process isn't a quick for getting a new license. Andy has to submit the data to Dahua, get a new license file from them.
Mine has taken nearing a week and still no license file.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
IVS wouldn't work on my 5442 until I fixed the license issue. Agree that using the chinese tool was a nightmare. Did you remember to select IVS on the Smart Plan tab on the other cameras?

2MuchTech

n3wb
Reaction score
I guess I don't know what the Smart Plan tab is. On the newest 5442 that I just got today, when I click on Event on the left side menu in Settings, it just shows me all of the IVS functions. I didn't have to do anything to enable them. The ones that are a few weeks older don't show anything beyond the basic Video Detection, Audio Detection, and Abnormality.

One other difference I've noticed is that my latest one allows Flipping the image in 90 degree increments, whereas my slightly older ones only offer 0 and 180 degrees.

It seems as if Dahua has a mess of different firmware versions within a relatively short production timeframe.

2MuchTech

n3wb
Reaction score
That's the problem... there is no Smart Plan option under the Event menu on one of my 5442 cameras (I thought 2 of them were without IVS, but it turns out it's only this one 5442).

I did notice that the camera that doesn't give me any of the advanced IVS / Smart Plan options has a slightly different model number on the box. It's a 1.0.01.04.30032. My other 2 that work are 1.0.01.04.30031. But I'm not convinced that this is the reason, because I have 5 of the 2431 cameras, and within that group of 5 there are 3 different model numbers! And I've purchased all of these cameras within the last month or two. It's a little crazy how many variants of model number and firmware revision I have within these supposedly same model cameras.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
What's the firmware version of the camera without smart plan? The part number of mine is 1.0.01.04.30033. Focal length is 6mm, which probably has something to do with it.

2MuchTech

n3wb
Reaction score
I agree, but when I try to use the auto-update function in the camera it tells me it’s the latest version. I guess I’m going to have to ask Andy for the file and perform a manual update (and hope it doesn’t create the license error condition). Do you know what has to happen to allow the camera’s auto-update function to realize there’s a newer firmware available? Since I know there’s one at least as new as November, it seems as if that would be enough newer to trigger the auto-update.

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I can now attest that the license zip file from Andy installed correctly via the English version of the Dahua config tool.

BTW, this was also doing it using VMware on a Mac.

I also never let the cameras autoupdate. Actually, they are all on an isolated LAN (not a VLAN, but a real separate LAN) that prevents the cameras from all access to the outside world.

2MuchTech

n3wb
Reaction score
Just got back from a trip and I upgraded to the latest firmware (V2.800.0000000.10.R, Build Date: 2019-11-18). The camera now has the advanced intelligent functions, but it also has the red triangle problem. So 2 of my 3 5442 cameras have had this license file issue. I sent files to Andy today and am waiting for the patched license file for both of my problematic cameras. I'm guessing it may be several weeks based on prior comments from other posters, and the fact that the Chinese new year will likely delay things. At least the cameras still work in their basic modes!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
That is one that IO have running ok. I'm testing a newer one right now, will advise

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
AFAIK, V2.800.0000000.10.R is still the latest, although as mentioned there's a new one being tested

Riclyo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Got the file today and tried uploading via the Chinese config tool. I unzipped, located dat and then saw a red triangle in the config tool. Not knowing how to read Chinese I figured maybe it worked so I reset the camera. Logged into the camera and still saw the red triangle so I tried reinstalling config tool to English and tried re-uploading the file. First time it shut the config tool right down, second time I got the red triangle right next to the IP of the camera in the config tool same as before. I'm sure I did something wrong just not sure how I go about remedying my situation now that it says I'm locked out.

Red Triangle4.jpg