Is BI GPU enabled?

Zanthexter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
An i7-7700 blue iris machine can do way more than 12x1080p cameras at 15fps....it can easily do 30 1080p cams....not sure where you are getting that low number from....
if you need more than 30 cams at very high frame rates you need a commercial solution and be prepared to pay for it...you gotta understand the blue iris user base and who the developer caters to...its home/small business...its not designed to compete with commercial solutions with 40+ cams...low frame rates are sufficient in most case use scenarios....spending time on integrating high power video cards is a complete waste as only a very small percentage of the user base have a need for this...those who do require a commercial solution ..
Just got footage today from a Wells Fargo indoor ATM vestibule....low frame rates, horrid sub vga image from the overview cam and essentially unusable footage from the ATM cam....you are ahead of the game if you have 1080p at 10fps...
Which is why you have a never ending stream of people bitching about BI performance problems, begging for help improving it, and getting told a mix of "you don't need that" (and are stupid to think you do) and "turn off stuff" (that they may think they need)

I'm a small business user, and I stick with BI because overall it works and it's very reasonably priced. But the performance problems drive me crazy. I'd be a lot happier if I could throw a real GPU at it and have them disappear for a moderately higher electric bill and less hair pulling. My time is valuable too. Oh, and I want clear high FPS because its 2017 not 1995. A $1k system should look like a $1k system. VHS is dead.

actually 4mp is a VERY small improvement...read, learn...
for outdoors and low light 2mp starlight cameras are much better than any 4mp....they are the hottest camera here on the forum...
for indoors, you can use varifocal cameras to get a perfect zoom on the register...
even at 4mp you can run 15 of them easy at 20fps on a modern machine...not sure what mom and pop shop needs more than 15 cams?
Currently have 17 cameras at one restaurant and they are thinking of adding more. 11 of them are outside monitoring the parking lot and dumpster area. Could use a few more inside near the registers and outside the rest rooms. The restaurant is in a high crime area. Lighting the parking lot as bright as day at night, lots of visible cameras, and being known for handing out the footage on request to the cops has cut down on problems. It won't stop the place from being robbed. (again) But we think it helps.

More MP helps when lighting is good and you need to monitor a larger area and don't have the option to use a zoomed in lower resolution camera. Capturing license plates in parking lots for example. Worth noting that all the theoretical MP don't accomplish squat if they're video compressed into oblivion. There's more to an IP camera than just pixel count.

There are 4 registers at the restaurant (it gets busy) Thing is, you need to do more than monitor the cash drawer. You need to capture the area around it including the whole employee/customer interaction. We've had problems with people pretending to "lose" stuff, like credit cards and wallets and provided footage to the police showing that they didn't. We've had customers complain about employees (we record audio as well, signs are posted) and been able to take appropriate action. Or not take action, customers lie sometimes.

As for the constant "you don't need high FPS". That depends on what you're trying to capture. A person slipping, or pretending to slip, on some spilled water and ice happens very fast. You want good footage when you get sued so you either know to settle quickly or fight it every step of the way.

I don't know if you realize it, but your calling an awful lot of people stupid because you're "not sure what mom and pop shop needs". If someone wants to record an empty parking space for months on end at 4K 30FPS the discussion should be "doable, but it will cost X dollars, is it worth it to you" not "you don't need that and are stupid for wanting it".

I look forward to the day the debate over resolution and FPS is about balancing it with storage requirements instead of system load. You'd probably say 3 months of video on the NAS is stupid. But it's come in handy enough to have been worth the cost.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Which is why you have a never ending stream of people bitching about BI performance problems, begging for help improving it, and getting told a mix of "you don't need that" (and are stupid to think you do) and "turn off stuff" (that they may think they need)

I'm a small business user, and I stick with BI because overall it works and it's very reasonably priced. But the performance problems drive me crazy. I'd be a lot happier if I could throw a real GPU at it and have them disappear for a moderately higher electric bill and less hair pulling. My time is valuable too. Oh, and I want clear high FPS because its 2017 not 1995. A $1k system should look like a $1k system. VHS is dead.

Currently have 17 cameras at one restaurant and they are thinking of adding more. 11 of them are outside monitoring the parking lot and dumpster area. Could use a few more inside near the registers and outside the rest rooms. The restaurant is in a high crime area. Lighting the parking lot as bright as day at night, lots of visible cameras, and being known for handing out the footage on request to the cops has cut down on problems. It won't stop the place from being robbed. (again) But we think it helps.

More MP helps when lighting is good and you need to monitor a larger area and don't have the option to use a zoomed in lower resolution camera. Capturing license plates in parking lots for example. Worth noting that all the theoretical MP don't accomplish squat if they're video compressed into oblivion. There's more to an IP camera than just pixel count.

There are 4 registers at the restaurant (it gets busy) Thing is, you need to do more than monitor the cash drawer. You need to capture the area around it including the whole employee/customer interaction. We've had problems with people pretending to "lose" stuff, like credit cards and wallets and provided footage to the police showing that they didn't. We've had customers complain about employees (we record audio as well, signs are posted) and been able to take appropriate action. Or not take action, customers lie sometimes.

As for the constant "you don't need high FPS". That depends on what you're trying to capture. A person slipping, or pretending to slip, on some spilled water and ice happens very fast. You want good footage when you get sued so you either know to settle quickly or fight it every step of the way.

I don't know if you realize it, but your calling an awful lot of people stupid because you're "not sure what mom and pop shop needs". If someone wants to record an empty parking space for months on end at 4K 30FPS the discussion should be "doable, but it will cost X dollars, is it worth it to you" not "you don't need that and are stupid for wanting it".

I look forward to the day the debate over resolution and FPS is about balancing it with storage requirements instead of system load. You'd probably say 3 months of video on the NAS is stupid. But it's come in handy enough to have been worth the cost.
The only people bitching about BI performance problems are those who improperly setup blue iris, purchased the wrong hardware, or like you are trying to run way too many high res cams on a server...a 450 dollar pc can EASILY run 20-25 x 1080p cameras at 15fps...
if you want to run a 20 4k cameras (most of which btw DONT NOT RUN AT 30fps---learn something) then stop being cheap and buy a commercial product...FYI YOU CAN CAPTURE MUCH MORE DETAIL WITH TWO 1080P CAMERAS THAN WITH A SINGLE 4K CAMERA...
You are misinformed about fps, you will never need more than 15, most businesses run much less than that, your demand for 30 fps is due to inexperience - we see lots of wannabe fools like you all the time here. Let me school you..
Further note that most of the 4k cameras you are claiming you might need DO NOT SUPPORT more than 15fps at 4k...
IPC-HFW4831T-ASE - Dahua Technology
So STOP BEING CHEAP and spend money on the software as well...digital watchdog has a great package for 70 dollars per camera....
You had time to post a huge rant, but failed to read any of my posts explain WHY the developer is not implementing nvidia acceleration..so let me try to explain it one more time...
99.9 PERCENT OF HIS USER BASE DOES NOT NEED OR WANT NVIDIA ACCELERATION. HE DEVELOPS BLUE IRIS ALONE, BY HIMSELF. NVIDIA ACCELERATION WILL TAKE SIGNIFICANT DEVELOPMENT TIME TO IMPLEMENT. THERE ARE BETTER THINGS HE CAN WORK ON.
WHAT PART OF THAT CANT YOU COMPREHEND. YOU WILL STILL KEEP BLUE IRIS BECAUSE YOU ARE A CHEAP BASTARD WHO IS WILLING TO PAY FOR 4K HARDWARE BUT NOT SOFTWARE.

Zanthexter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I dont care if I put off some sensitive folks... will be as direct as I want...dont like it leave...it is really that simple...This is not and will never be an internet safe space...no participation trophies, no praise for dumb ideas....This site has 39k members who can deal with it...
I may disagree with you on some things, but that's 100% true :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I may disagree with you on some things, but that's 100% true :)
yes, that is because most folks like no nonsense true advice...not coddling and being told their poor purchase decision was a good one..

Zanthexter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The only people bitching about BI performance problems are those who improperly setup blue iris, purchased the wrong hardware, or like you are trying to run way too many high res cams on a server...a 450 dollar pc can EASILY run 20-25 x 1080p cameras at 15fps...
if you want to run a 20 4k cameras (most of which btw DONT NOT RUN AT 30fps---learn something) then stop being cheap and buy a commercial product...FYI YOU CAN CAPTURE MUCH MORE DETAIL WITH TWO 1080P CAMERAS THAN WITH A SINGLE 4K CAMERA...
You are misinformed about fps, you will never need more than 15, most businesses run much less than that, your demand for 30 fps is due to inexperience - we see lots of wannabe fools like you all the time here. Let me school you..
Further note that most of the 4k cameras you are claiming you might need DO NOT SUPPORT more than 15fps at 4k...
IPC-HFW4831T-ASE - Dahua Technology
So STOP BEING CHEAP and spend money on the software as well...digital watchdog has a great package for 70 dollars per camera....
You had time to post a huge rant, but failed to read any of my posts explain WHY the developer is not implementing nvidia acceleration..so let me try to explain it one more time...
99.9 PERCENT OF HIS USER BASE DOES NOT NEED OR WANT NVIDIA ACCELERATION. HE DEVELOPS BLUE IRIS ALONE, BY HIMSELF. NVIDIA ACCELERATION WILL TAKE SIGNIFICANT DEVELOPMENT TIME TO IMPLEMENT. THERE ARE BETTER THINGS HE CAN WORK ON.
WHAT PART OF THAT CANT YOU COMPREHEND. YOU WILL STILL KEEP BLUE IRIS BECAUSE YOU ARE A CHEAP BASTARD WHO IS WILLING TO PAY FOR 4K HARDWARE BUT NOT SOFTWARE.
If 99.9% doesn't need or want NVidia acceleration, you wouldn't have so many people asking for help with performance problems. But you do. So, maybe, there's more than .1% that want it? Take a step into other peoples shoes for a change.

I don't have any 4K cameras, and I don't run anything at 30FPS. Because yes, once you factor in the cost of the licenses on systems that will let me do that, it's too expensive. So I settle. Shouldn't have to though.

There's nothing wrong with wanting BlueIris to get better. And if he does add NVidia support, I hope he does it as a major version upgrade and I will happily fork over the cost for every system I own for that upgrade. It'd be a good business move for him because I'm far from unique in my willingness to do so.

And yes, I am cheap. So are most people. Bringing more features to a lower price point is what drives the technology market. BlueIris is no different. As I said, VHS is dead.

And I don't care what most businesses do. They're making decisions based on different requirements, different budgets, different existing investments, and so on. Just because other people jump off a bridge, should I do it too? It's a bogus argument Fenderman, and I'm sure you know that.

And yes, you can get more detail with two 1080p cameras at a given range. But if something isn't readable at X feet with 1 1080p camera, it will be no more readable with 2. Well, except then we zoom them in. Ok, so now wires have to be run for the second camera. Power has to be supplied, etc. Having an extra cable dropped costs a lot more than just swapping in a higher resolution camera does. Labor isn't free.

Just wondering, but what better stuff can he work on when performance is the #1 complaint about BI. (Well, I don't have statistics, but sure seems like most posts here are performance related. I concede I can be wrong.) I'd much rather have seen CUDA instead of Alexa, and I happen to really LIKE Alexa support. I use it. Personally I think the BI author is doing an amazingly good job. He's been super helpful and courteous the times I've emailed him. Hope to see BlueIris market share grow to the point he can hire some folks to help him with developement. Dealing with the performance problems can help with that.

I get that a perfectly tuned i7-7700 system can do this and that. (After you disable direct to disk, etc.) I also see a lot of people that don't own that. I'd rather see BI make more money with a software upgrade than Intel with another hardware upgrade.

Yes, I AM a cheap bastard. And I'm saying that I will gladly upgrade all 12 BI systems when he supports NVidia or AMD GPUs. Heck, I'd do it even if it was $60 for the "base" system and $60 more for a "CUDA support upgrade".

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If 99.9% doesn't need or want NVidia acceleration, you wouldn't have so many people asking for help with performance problems. But you do. So, maybe, there's more than .1% that want it? Take a step into other peoples shoes for a change.

I don't have any 4K cameras, and I don't run anything at 30FPS. Because yes, once you factor in the cost of the licenses on systems that will let me do that, it's too expensive. So I settle. Shouldn't have to though.

There's nothing wrong with wanting BlueIris to get better. And if he does add NVidia support, I hope he does it as a major version upgrade and I will happily fork over the cost for every system I own for that upgrade. It'd be a good business move for him because I'm far from unique in my willingness to do so.

And yes, I am cheap. So are most people. Bringing more features to a lower price point is what drives the technology market. BlueIris is no different. As I said, VHS is dead.

And I don't care what most businesses do. They're making decisions based on different requirements, different budgets, different existing investments, and so on. Just because other people jump off a bridge, should I do it too? It's a bogus argument Fenderman, and I'm sure you know that.

And yes, you can get more detail with two 1080p cameras at a given range. But if something isn't readable at X feet with 1 1080p camera, it will be no more readable with 2. Well, except then we zoom them in. Ok, so now wires have to be run for the second camera. Power has to be supplied, etc. Having an extra cable dropped costs a lot more than just swapping in a higher resolution camera does. Labor isn't free.

Just wondering, but what better stuff can he work on when performance is the #1 complaint about BI. (Well, I don't have statistics, but sure seems like most posts here are performance related. I concede I can be wrong.) I'd much rather have seen CUDA instead of Alexa, and I happen to really LIKE Alexa support. I use it. Personally I think the BI author is doing an amazingly good job. He's been super helpful and courteous the times I've emailed him. Hope to see BlueIris market share grow to the point he can hire some folks to help him with developement. Dealing with the performance problems can help with that.

I get that a perfectly tuned i7-7700 system can do this and that. (After you disable direct to disk, etc.) I also see a lot of people that don't own that. I'd rather see BI make more money with a software upgrade than Intel with another hardware upgrade.

Yes, I AM a cheap bastard. And I'm saying that I will gladly upgrade all 12 BI systems when he supports NVidia or AMD GPUs. Heck, I'd do it even if it was $60 for the "base" system and $60 more for a "CUDA support upgrade".
Once again the performance issues are not related to lack of nvidia hardware...its like you didnt even read my response...furthermore, there a literally thousands of blue iris users...I would estimate between 50-100k...so even 100 fools demanding it, is meaningless...
I think its hilarious when folks like you demand nvidia acceleration and then state that it would increase his business...you will keep using upgrading blue iris regardless...you have no clue about his business model..
You again miss the point about two the 1080p cameras (novice mistake) you are not going to covering the same area with both 1080p cams...you will get a tighter shot by using a different lens or varifocal. Alexa support is very easy to implement...nvidia is not..
He will never hire someone else because the price will have to go up...
I think you mean ENABLE direct to disk - that might be why you are having problems...
You dont need an i7-7700 system..not sure where you are getting that nonsense (most of my systems are 2-4 generation i5's......and if you have a load that requires more power than buying a 450 dollar pc like an i7-6700 that will PAY for itself vs the power consumption and cost of the nvidia card....
You have all this time to bitch and moan about it, but like others failed to bother to email support and ask why...hmmm, very strange...

Zanthexter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Once again the performance issues are not related to lack of nvidia hardware...its like you didnt even read my response...furthermore, there a literally thousands of blue iris users...I would estimate between 50-100k...so even 100 fools demanding it, is meaningless...
I think its hilarious when folks like you demand nvidia acceleration and then state that it would increase his business...you will keep using upgrading blue iris regardless...you have no clue about his business model..
You again miss the point about two the 1080p cameras (novice mistake) you are not going to covering the same area with both 1080p cams...you will get a tighter shot by using a different lens or varifocal. Alexa support is very easy to implement...nvidia is not..
He will never hire someone else because the price will have to go up...
I think you mean ENABLE direct to disk - that might be why you are having problems...
You dont need an i7-7700 system..not sure where you are getting that nonsense (most of my systems are 2-4 generation i5's......and if you have a load that requires more power than buying a 450 dollar pc like an i7-6700 that will PAY for itself vs the power consumption and cost of the nvidia card....
You have all this time to bitch and moan about it, but like others failed to bother to email support and ask why...hmmm, very strange...
Sure the performance issues are related to lack of a better GPU. Whether NVidia (CUDA), AMD (OpenCL, ports from CUDA), or some non-existant more powerful Intel or 3rd party doesn't matter. Integrated graphics are weak compared to the alternatives. Compressing and decompressing h.264 / h.265 is the bottleneck, and the normal response to that bottleneck for pretty much anything else is to throw a dedicated GPU at it.

As far as "keep upgrading regardless", that depends on what alternatives there are. I personally am on the edge with BI. Right now I'm not aware of a comparably priced Windows based alternative. That could change. As could my level of "cheap" and "don't want to deal with Linux" versus my level of frustration with BlueIris performance problems.

Please, the power consumption is a non-issue. As is the cost of a mid-range GPU. As you said, I'm CHEAP, and would rather spend $150 up front to repurpose a machine I already own, and spend the cost of a Starbucks each month to not have to fiddle with settings to get it to work. My money at the end of the day either way though.

Oh, and I have emailed support. His reply about six months back was, "Yes I do agree it will be wise to leverage hardware where possible as 4K+ video is really going to stretch the capabilities of any CPU otherwise. I have looked at nVidia developer support and I'm still hopeful that might "pay off" someday." He could just have been being polite I suppose. I'm hoping he's actively looking into it though. If I recall he went with Intel support mostly because there was less of a learning curve to implement it. But I'm not sure where I read that.

As for the 2 1080p cams, that's the problem, there's more cost involved in covering a large area with zoomed in 1080p than there is in not-zoomed-in higher resolution. One can't always manufacture choke points to funnel people / cars into a nice compact area to zoom in on. Did you miss me mentioning labor costs? Seems like you skimmed...

You spend a lot of effort attacking the person. It doesn't make your points any more valid. It does mean people are less likely to listen to you though. It's a distraction. Attacking the person gets them all defensive and they stop listening. Do you want people to take you seriously, or are you just venting your spleen for kicks? I think it distracts you too.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure the performance issues are related to lack of a better GPU. Whether NVidia (CUDA), AMD (OpenCL, ports from CUDA), or some non-existant more powerful Intel or 3rd party doesn't matter. Integrated graphics are weak compared to the alternatives. Compressing and decompressing h.264 / h.265 is the bottleneck, and the normal response to that bottleneck for pretty much anything else is to throw a dedicated GPU at it.

As far as "keep upgrading regardless", that depends on what alternatives there are. I personally am on the edge with BI. Right now I'm not aware of a comparably priced Windows based alternative. That could change. As could my level of "cheap" and "don't want to deal with Linux" versus my level of frustration with BlueIris performance problems.

Please, the power consumption is a non-issue. As is the cost of a mid-range GPU. As you said, I'm CHEAP, and would rather spend $150 up front to repurpose a machine I already own, and spend the cost of a Starbucks each month to not have to fiddle with settings to get it to work. My money at the end of the day either way though.

Oh, and I have emailed support. His reply about six months back was, "Yes I do agree it will be wise to leverage hardware where possible as 4K+ video is really going to stretch the capabilities of any CPU otherwise. I have looked at nVidia developer support and I'm still hopeful that might "pay off" someday." He could just have been being polite I suppose. I'm hoping he's actively looking into it though. If I recall he went with Intel support mostly because there was less of a learning curve to implement it. But I'm not sure where I read that.

As for the 2 1080p cams, that's the problem, there's more cost involved in covering a large area with zoomed in 1080p than there is in not-zoomed-in higher resolution. One can't always manufacture choke points to funnel people / cars into a nice compact area to zoom in on. Did you miss me mentioning labor costs? Seems like you skimmed...

You spend a lot of effort attacking the person. It doesn't make your points any more valid. It does mean people are less likely to listen to you though. It's a distraction. Attacking the person gets them all defensive and they stop listening. Do you want people to take you seriously, or are you just venting your spleen for kicks? I think it distracts you too.
like i said performance issues ARE NOT related to lack of nvidia support..as I stated but you have not understood, 99.9 percent of blue iris users have way more power than they need using intel...
There is no linux based alternative at this price and feature point..you will not leave blue iris because you are cheap.
Power consumption IS an issue for a cheapskate like YOU. For example, if your system now consumers an extra 50-75w because of the nvidia card, its costing you between 50 and 150 a year more to run...you make me laugh when you make it sound like money is not important to you but you are too cheap to buy an enterprise vms???
So you got your answer, and you are still here bitching...wait or move on to something else...
I dont care if anyone takes me seriously...I dont work for them..this is MY forum and if they dont like it, they can leave...
I personally love educating fools like you using common sense...but you lack it.....you know the deal and why nvidia is not supported and yet you complain, over and over again...let it go...and hope he has the time and patience to implement nvidia...otherwise open that rusty wallet of yours and pay up.

Reaction score
you seem to spend an awful lot of time and effort attacking the user who is asking questions buddy. why are you always so hostile? if people knew the answer to the questions they are asking, then they wouldn't ask the questions. if you took all the time you spent attacking people for being cheapskates, stupid, and ignorant, and put it into actually being nice, or helpful.you would be seen as a saint! people would stop being so "sour" to your advice and there would be no need to be defensive. You've clearly got a chip on your shoulder.

furthermore, if you give an answer, and people continue to inquire or ask questions, it doesn't mean they are ignoring your post, it doesn't mean that they are "bitching" or "harping on" it means that you perhaps didn't explain the answer in a way that they understand.

i get it that this is your forum, and you may be sick and tired of people asking the same questions or whatever. if that is the case, then why bother? just maintain forum and stop answering people? or, create an article with your plentiful knowledge of IP cameras and link them to it! a lot of the things that you claim are common sense, is actually knowledge that you've learnt over the countless years that you have run this forum. All we ask is to phrase your answers nicely without the comments attacking the person asking the questions. wake up on the right side of the bed for once.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
you seem to spend an awful lot of time and effort attacking the user who is asking questions buddy. why are you always so hostile? if people knew the answer to the questions they are asking, then they wouldn't ask the questions. if you took all the time you spent attacking people for being cheapskates, stupid, and ignorant, and put it into actually being nice, or helpful.you would be seen as a saint! people would stop being so "sour" to your advice and there would be no need to be defensive. You've clearly got a chip on your shoulder.

furthermore, if you give an answer, and people continue to inquire or ask questions, it doesn't mean they are ignoring your post, it doesn't mean that they are "bitching" or "harping on" it means that you perhaps didn't explain the answer in a way that they understand.

i get it that this is your forum, and you may be sick and tired of people asking the same questions or whatever. if that is the case, then why bother? just maintain forum and stop answering people? or, create an article with your plentiful knowledge of IP cameras and link them to it! a lot of the things that you claim are common sense, is actually knowledge that you've learnt over the countless years that you have run this forum. All we ask is to phrase your answers nicely without the comments attacking the person asking the questions. wake up on the right side of the bed for once.
They were given a response, yet choose to continue arguing the point...I will be as hostile as I want. You obviously were too lazy to read the thread and see that they DO in fact know the answer, they just enjoy bitching about it, and it seems that you have the same problem.
My chip is idiots, I hate them...useless to me...
Anything I claim is common sense, is in fact common sense...its just that you have to have common sense to get that....
They DO understand the answer, but as toddlers, DEMAND features of the developer...he has told them NO or that it MAY be an option in the future...how can the answer be more clear? Use your brain.
Dont tell me how to run my forum...Its really simply...I maintain a no nonsense no idiot policy...
I dont care about what you ask, I dont care how you feel. Leave if you dont like it....you sound like a college student who needs a safe space...that wont happen here, so leave.

Last edited:
Reaction score
in the words of yourself "Its as if an IDIOTIC CHILD LIKE YOU.......................................... didnt read my response! " you're literally illustrating my points (most of which you didnt address in the previous message), "idiot - a person of low intelligence" just because people have low intelligence doesn't mean that they deserve to be treated like shit by the owner of the forum. im not telling you how to run the forum, if you hate people who dont know what they are talking about, then why do you bother running a forum that quite literally promotes people who dont know things to ask questions on the platform? i think all you need is a simple change of mindset. to relax a little. there are ways of getting your point across without these silly ellipses. the consistent attacking of the user who is responding or asking questions that completely devalue what you are saying. it seems like you are in fact acting like the college student who perhaps lacks certain social skills to talk to people without being insulting or hostile. if people seem to DEMAND features maybe take a second to realise that they are perhaps partaking in a discussion. that is after all what a forum is used for.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
in the words of yourself "Its as if an IDIOTIC CHILD LIKE YOU.......................................... didnt read my response! " you're literally illustrating my points (most of which you didnt address in the previous message), "idiot - a person of low intelligence" just because people have low intelligence doesn't mean that they deserve to be treated like shit by the owner of the forum. im not telling you how to run the forum, if you hate people who dont know what they are talking about, then why do you bother running a forum that quite literally promotes people who dont know things to ask questions on the platform? i think all you need is a simple change of mindset. to relax a little. there are ways of getting your point across without these silly ellipses. the consistent attacking of the user who is responding or asking questions that completely devalue what you are saying. it seems like you are in fact acting like the college student who perhaps lacks certain social skills to talk to people without being insulting or hostile. if people seem to DEMAND features maybe take a second to realise that they are perhaps partaking in a discussion. that is after all what a forum is used for.
Once again, I do as I wish...I hate people who repeatedly rant about something they know the answer to...In fact, they got the answer direct from the developer...So the attack is NOT for asking, its for getting a response, but continuing to bitch about it as if it will help. Again, if you dont like it here, leave. I dont need you here.
I run this forum for folks who actually want to learn and share, not for folks dont want to accept a response and the reasoning behind it...if my attitude require you to undergo therapy then leave until you grow a pair...anyone who acts like an asshole will in fact be treated like shit...dont like it, go to another forum.

Xicaque

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a post that covers the suggested or required BI hardware? Been reading for a couple of hours and have not seen the "official" hardware post. Thanks!

Mike.in.Minnesota

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Flame on! lol
Been there, done that. It's no use. fenderman always wins. It helps to grow a thick skin.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Flame on! lol
Been there, done that. It's no use. fenderman always wins. It helps to grow a thick skin.
If you give bad advice (which I see you have done multiple times) I will call you out on it...it is really that simple, sometimes, when you have no clue what you are talking about its better to be quiet and learn.

Mike.in.Minnesota

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would expect nothing less.
Sometimes, a person doesn't have a clue that they dont have a clue until they speak out and get corrected!

Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam

duweeee

n3wb
Reaction score
I know Hardware Acceleration is a sore subject but just wanted to add in another viewpoint. I have a server running ESXi Vmware and I would like Nvidia Hardware Acceleration so that I could pass through a video card to use on a VM with BlueIris. I've heard it mentioned before best practice is to have a dedicated machine for DVRs but running a server and another machine would draw only more power and cost more money.