Israel attacked by Hamas...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So what does IDF do with those Hamas that have surrendered? In a traditional war, one puts them in a POW camp and at the end of the war they are returned to their homes. But this is not a traditional war and they are not solders in a normal sense. They are violent terrorists and if you just disarm them and set them free, they will go back to terrorism in the future. Just look what happened to those that were released from GITMO.

They only surrendered to save their own lives. They did not do it to save the lives of the civilians around them. If they thought they could escape or win, they would have kept on fighting. I know that you can't keep them imprisoned forever and you can't execute them. So what do you do?
They will probably get full scholarships to Harvard, Penn and MIT. Because they are not military personnel Israel can charge them and convict them of terrorism and hold them for life. There really is no alternative. You dont have to look at gitmo, Sinwar the leader of this dog shit was released in a hostage exchange for Gilad Shalit and israeli soldier in 2011, despite serving multiple life sentences. 1026 terrorists were released in exchange for Shalit - big mistake.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
They will probably get full scholarships to Harvard, Penn and MIT. Because they are not military personnel Israel can charge them and convict them of terrorism and hold them for life. There really is no alternative. You dont have to look at gitmo, Sinwar the leader of this dog shit was released in a hostage exchange for Gilad Shalit and israeli soldier in 2011, despite serving multiple life sentences. 1026 terrorists were released in exchange for Shalit - big mistake.
Would be funny if some of them are the ones they just released for the recent hostage exchange.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Pardon my skepticism, I can't help wondering if this is true, or similar to the year long stream of propaganda that Ukraine is winning.
Unlike Ukraine, Israel has no reason to lie. Why would they? Yes, yes, US Aid. But unlike Ukraine, they are a REAL Ally to the US. Opinion's on this will vary greatly, as will agreements / disagreements.

So what does IDF do with those Hamas that have surrendered? I thought the same thing. They now have a permanent 'work party' to do what they wish with. Mobile Mine Detectors? :)

d5775927

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Unlike Ukraine, Israel has no reason to lie. Why would they? Yes, yes, US Aid. But unlike Ukraine, they are a REAL Ally to the US. Opinion's on this will vary greatly, as will agreements / disagreements.

So what does IDF do with those Hamas that have surrendered? I thought the same thing. They now have a permanent 'work party' to do what they wish with. Mobile Mine Detectors? :)
They check if they are real terrorist by integoragations or intel they have.
If they are not terrorist they are released.
I guess they don't have exact intel for every low ranking terrorist, so, they may release terrorists without knowing.
They arresst militray aged mans that stay in places civilan were instructed to leave.
So, it makes some sense.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

" .. Unlike Ukraine, Israel has no reason to lie. Why would they? Yes, yes, US Aid. But unlike Ukraine, they are a REAL Ally to the US. .. "

roflmao ...

Israel like others, looks 100% out for themselves .. only an ally of the USA when it suits them ..

USS Liberty a prime example ..

d5775927

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
" .. Unlike Ukraine, Israel has no reason to lie. Why would they? Yes, yes, US Aid. But unlike Ukraine, they are a REAL Ally to the US. .. "

roflmao ...

Israel like others, looks 100% out for themselves .. only an ally of the USA when it suits them ..

USS Liberty a prime example ..

In war you sometimes make mistakes (though I cannot tell what exactly happened there).
Israel makes mistakes even today in Gaza:

Reaction score
In war you sometimes make mistakes (though I cannot tell what exactly happened there).
I agree.

d5775927

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
But......needs a little tuning, missed at the 41 second mark.

I wonder how well it works at night ? :idk:
They claim (in the Wikipedia Hebrew page and here) that it works well at night.
But i'm not certain that is correct.
Though most of the cheap drones don't have night vision, so, I would say this aim assist is a good enough for none military grade drones.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if you look closely at the evidence, the attack by Israel on the USS Liberty was not a mistake .. the "mistake story" is a coverup .. which goes up to the White House back then even .. not much unlike the whole Russia Gate, Hunter Biden Laptop, Wuhan Flu stories ..

and it clearly shows that Israel will attack the USA when they see it in their interests ..

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Videos Show Hamas Trained for Oct. 7 Attack in Plain Sight for Years | WSJ

The Wall Street Journal

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
if you look closely at the evidence, the attack by Israel on the USS Liberty was not a mistake .. the "mistake story" is a coverup .. which goes up to the White House back then even .. not much unlike the whole Russia Gate, Hunter Biden Laptop, Wuhan Flu stories ..

and it clearly shows that Israel will attack the USA when they see it in their interests ..
That's bullshit. It was an mistake. Regardless if your best example is an incident that occured 56 years ago you have a problem. Assuming you are correct is anyone in leadership today who was in 1967? Please. It's Jew hating propaganda. There's no logical reason why they would attack the ship that would be no benefit to them there was no tactical advantage nothing. The only outcome would be damaged to Israel politically and diplomatically... They were already fighting on multiple fronts.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score

If it was a mistake then I'm shocked at how incompetent the Israel military was that day.

d5775927

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Either Israel genuinely underestimated them or somebody wanted to make Bibi look bad due to the intelligence failure.
I read an article that says that Hamas had a spy who provided them quality intel.
For instance, a secret door in an army base that is not guarded and usually not locked.

I think the IDF made a lot of mistakes.
Some people in this website secured their home better than the Israeli bases.
I mean with regards of redundancy and human detection.
The missing intel is result of ignoring input from low ranking soliders that suspected something big is cooking.
Even a simple hidden mine field could be a game changer.