Just Ordered A Longse LBW90S500

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here is other screenshot from 5:45 Am...
Here are your two (2) 5AM snapshots...

First Snapshot
5AM-1.jpg

Second Snapshot
5AM-2.jpg

The second snapshot has considerable better night vision depth...I can see the fence in the second snapshot.

What settings did you change to achieve this?

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes, i have changed WDR from : automatic to outdoor and the sec. option to moderated. (Sorry for my late reply! long day at work.)

Looks like the camera decided to stay online, from yesterday, will see how long will last.

Attachments

Reaction score
Just received my two cameras. But they sent me the wrong mount . I emailed Amanda. Hopefully she will resolve it. In the quote I see the right mount.

Still need to get a Poe switch.
Found Cisco SF 302-08MP for $100. Is it a good one to get? Thanks in advance

Reaction score
@Q2U did they ever resend you the mount you ordered? Or you just didn't care enough about it to follow up. I emailed Amanda let's see what she says.

Last edited by a moderator:

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Q2U did they ever resend you the mount you ordered? Or you just didn't care enough about it to follow up. I emailed Amanda let's see what she says.
No. I never asked then to. I didn't order from Amanda, I ordered from AliExpress (Store: Shenzhen Topxel Electronics Tech Co Ltd).

Incidentally, I believe that most generic under-mounts should work with the LBW90S500, such as this one...

https://www.amazon.com/VideoSecu-Universal-Security-Mounting-MCB601/dp/B000XMG91

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looking to get another camera soon as i have one in front of the house and not doing well is a old one.

And i know that from what i see Longse LBW90S500 is a good camera,specially at night but i want to see if Longse has something just a little better

than :

IMX178 (what's better than this?)
Hi3516A (what's better than this?)
>Ok to be 5 MP
>Lens 3.6mm
Bullet ip cam
(Up to $150 shipped/fedex or maybe free)

Other option ,same specs but maybe to get a ptz cam, a huisun v2.

Thanks

BrianL76

n3wb
Reaction score
@Q2U or anyone else with these -- do you know what the default password is set to?

I'm trying to configure the network settings via the IPSearch Tool on the little disc, but can't make the changes because I don't know what the password is. I assumed it was username: admin password: either admin or 12345, but neither of those appear to work.

Also, I have no idea why these companies insist on defaulting these camera IPs to 192.168.1.xxx rather than 192.168.0.xxx, when nearly 99% of home routers run 192.168.0.xxx these days.

No matter what I try, I get a "Recv timeout" error after hitting the "Modify" button on the IP Search Tool.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Use the IP address in internet explorer. It will ask you install a plugin. Once installed you can log in via browser. At least that's what I did. Didn't use ipsearch tool

BrianL76

n3wb
Reaction score
The problem is my home network is 192.168.0.xxx and the camera's default IP address is 192.168.1.xxx -- so I can't get to the camera from my network. What do I do?

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The problem is my home network is 192.168.0.xxx and the camera's default IP address is 192.168.1.xxx -- so I can't get to the camera from my network. What do I do?
Or switch your LAN to 192.168.1.1 temporarily. In order to access my BI thru the VPN on wifi, I changed mine so now when I add a new camera I wait til the night when most everyone is sleeping so I don't interrupt their browsing, switch the LAN address and the. Add the stuff, updating the camera to the new IP and then switching the LAN back when it's done. Usually only takes a few minutes.

And before anyone jumps on me with an easier way, I have not had any good luck with SADP. It will recognize the camera on the network but won't let me change anything without an error.

BrianL76

n3wb
Reaction score
You could temporarily change your PC IP address to 192.168.1.200, say, and connect to the camera web GUI and change its IP address.
Or you could use Hikvision's SADP tool. http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/Tools_82.html
Yeah, I'm using Hik's SADP tool now, as that's what I used for all of my Hik cameras a few years ago. But in either case (the camera's tool and SADP) the settings don't take. And the weird thing is, both tools can see the camera and identify it correctly (IP address and MAC address), but when I try to make the changes they either fail (camera's IP Search tool) or don't stick (SADP).

Guess I'll try temporarily changing my PC over to 192.168.1.xxx and report back.

BrianL76

n3wb
Reaction score
Guess I'll try temporarily changing my PC over to 192.168.1.xxx and report back.
That did it. Thanks for the tip. BTW, the image on these things is nice! Hopefully I can get them mounted sometime this weekend.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Good 'ol CBX taught me something a while back.

Say your LAN runs on a 192.168.123.x subnet and your computer is set to static IP4 192.168.123.99 but you need to access your new camera which sits on the 192.168.0.x subnet at 192.168.0.168.

Simply navigate (in Win10) to...

Control Panel > Network & Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings > Active Ethernet Adapter (Right Click > Properties) > Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) > Properties > Advanced

Then click the "Add" button and add (assign) IP address 192.168.0.99 and subnet mask 255.255.255.0 and then save your chances.

Your computer will now be able to access both the 192.168.123.x and the 192.168.0.x subnets so you will be able to access your new camera by plugging 192.168.0.168 into your web browser. Log into your new camera and assign it a 192.168.123.x static address and you'll be good to go with no fuss and no muss.

For the Newbs like me! I know most of you guys know this.