Liberty Safes... Are They Safe? (The "Government Backdoors" Concern) : DeviantOllam

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Liberty Safes... Are They Safe? (The "Government Backdoors" Concern)
DeviantOllam

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
LIBERTY SAFE SOLD YOU OUT TO THE FEDS
Brandon Herrera

1694112116101.png

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Apparently Liberty issued a rather quick damage control statement..

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve called a locksmith to replace my electronic lock with a manual S&G which I had on my old one.

I know some will say it’s much to do about nothing, but when was the last time you ever heard of LE asking the safe manufacturer for a back door combination for a liberal Democrat owner?

Beyond the direct obvious and documented corruption of the FBLie, most any State or local LE is going to go along with whatever the Feds request. And with the Feds now making up their own rules and providing less than honest info for warrants, most other LE have little choice but to “go along”

Im sure there are a few who would say Fuck You, a number of county sheriffs here locally no doubt would. And I’m sure that if it came to that the safe would be breached regardless. I get it, give them the combination or they take a torch to it.

But geez, I’m not big on making it easy for them the next time I get arrested 2 1/2 years later for trespassing….

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What's Up With Liberty Safe?
Washington Gun Law

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
IANAL, but I was under the impression that it wouldn't have been very difficult for LEOs to obtain a subpoena (they do that to tech companies all the time). Seems pretty stupid to not just respond with a request for a subpoena, with the only reasonable exception being someone locked in a safe because some store forgot to put it in demo mode.

Is their legal council just that incompetent?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
IANAL, but I was under the impression that it wouldn't have been very difficult for LEOs to obtain a subpoena (they do that to tech companies all the time). Seems pretty stupid to not just respond with a request for a subpoena, with the only reasonable exception being someone locked in a safe because some store forgot to put it in demo mode.

Is their legal council just that incompetent?
Is their legal council just that incompetent? - judging from what we've seen from twitter and other big tech .. yes .. ( Apple being an exception in some ways .. still stinkers on the right to repair front .. )

guessing US cars also will give up your GPS data readily ..

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is their legal council just that incompetent? - judging from what we've seen from twitter and other big tech .. yes .. ( Apple being an exception in some ways .. still stinkers on the right to repair front .. )
I mean I wouldn't even be surprised if a safe manufacturer just complied with every subpoena and didn't fight any of them. But to not even bother saying, "we'd like to comply with your request and can provide you the following information IF you obtain a subpoena" is pretty sad.

If they do have an override code it's origin is probably humans getting locked in the safes at stores. A lot of people seem to have unrealistic expectations about the security of these safes.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Agreed. It’s just a way of slowing bad guys down. There are 3 separate alarms you would likely trip to get to mine, 2 will notify the alarm company and one of those would illicit an immediate response. The other is a perimeter alarm that while loud, would not.

Then there are a min of 2 cameras that would capture them.

Then they have to either get after it with saws/torch/pry bar or lasso it and try and yank it out of the concrete.

None of that accounts for me or a very nosy retired ex Marine neighbor being there.

I’m pretty confident at min they will wish they had passed on the idea.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It Just Gets Worse for Liberty Safes
The VSO Gun Channel

Monomoy Capital Partners .. donations to the democrats ..

1694122384122.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Liberty Safe Confirms They Gave Feds Access Code to Gun Safe During Raid on January 6 Protester

Last week, a friend of ours was raided by the feds over J6, his name is Nathan Hughes and he’s from Fayetteville, Arkansas. Nate was raided by the FBI and arrested at gun point. His girlfriend (who just had a miscarriage) was held at gun point and put in handcuffs. The FBI turned off his security cameras, unplugged his internet, and flipped his house upside down in a search. The feds called the manufacturer of his Liberty Gun Safe and got the passcode to get into it too. All for protesting at the Capitol over 2 1/2 years ago.

He is being charged with crimes related to January 6th. He didn’t assault anyone and he didn’t vandalize anything. He is being labeled a domestic terrorist and a traitor to his country by woke leftists and the media.

Nate is just like us…he’s an outspoken American Patriot…he loves freedom, loves his country, and would do anything to preserve our rights. He’s been fighting to save our country for years now. He’s also a small business owner with a family that relies on him. We all know how heated this political climate is getting, but they’ve pushed too far and it’s time for people to speak up for people getting screwed by the system. BLM and Antifa can go burn down our cities and get off the hook, but Trump supporters get raided and rounded up for protesting.

Nate’s legal bills to fight these charges will be over $100,000, so we’re donating $5,000 to Nathan’s defense fund to start it out, and hope you can donate something too. Link in next tweet.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welp, I’m seeing reports that they have back up combinations for manual S&G locks as well?
At least with a mechanical lock you can open it up and see how it works.

There are plenty of safes out there with keyed overrides. Some have such high quality tubular locks that they can be opened with a curled up piece of paper and some practice (trust me I've done it).

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Good summary of issues .. donate to anti-2A .. and yet take pro-2A customers money and then freely give away codes to safes ..

"I don't think Liberty Safe is aligned with our values"

LEAKED: Liberty Safe’s may be screwed… Too little, too late may apply here...
Langley Outdoors Academy

top comments

1694123493725.png