Looking for a better NVR and APP

BruceWayne007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello to all,
I currently have an Annke 8 port PoE 4K capable running 5-5MP cameras H.265+. The system works and it records but the Annke phone APP is not impressive and operating the NVR for playback or playback on Windows/Mac.

If I can keep my cameras, great, I will reuse them and if not then I would consider a complete system. I am wanting 16channel, 4K capable and POE NVR. I am fine with 5MP cameras on a 4K NVR and 8 cameras on a 16 port NVR.

Thanks!!
newb

Last edited:

BruceWayne007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you for the links and yes I found numerous grammar mistakes. Unfortunately, I did not find any useful information for what I am looking for.

If there is something I should focus on for a tip I apologize because I missed it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for the links and yes I found numerous grammar mistakes. Unfortunately, I did not find any useful information for what I am looking for.

If there is something I should focus on for a tip I apologize because I missed it.
Dis forum probly aint for ya if you gonna complane bout da gramma of free advise.

BruceWayne007

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nothing like a grammar Nazi to make a good first impression. It's all there on a silver platter if you'll actually read it.

Looney,
If it is right there in front of me then I don't see it. I see a lot of info on Dahua products. Please point me a little closer to which link or article and section that pertains to what I am asking.

Thanks!

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
on an NVR data rate inbound is the most important factor. There are a lot of 4k NVR that have 16 port but only support a few 4 MP cameras before it is over loaded. So to start calculate your data rate.

Please cut and paste my pdf notes into this forum thread and correct the grammar error.

Reaction score
@bigredfish This information would be a good read as well.