Looking for a new Secuiry setup.

sotorious

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
lol yes, Ive got one been outside for nearly 3 years now.. its got a lens cover, but its not a dome..
Aliexpress.com I see that you have ordered a few cameras from here. Are the cameras new?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Aliexpress.com I see that you have ordered a few cameras from here. Are the cameras new?
yes, of course they are..

be warned China is on holiday shutdown, nobody from AliExpress gonna acknowledge you til Febuary.. and if your looking for a reputable vendor contact @EMPIRETECANDY

sotorious

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes, of course they are..

be warned China is on holiday shutdown, nobody from AliExpress gonna acknowledge you til Febuary.. and if your looking for a reputable vendor contact @EMPIRETECANDY

Ok so these are coming directly from china, hence the up to 13 days to ship. Must be nice to take the month off.

also when it says select signal system what does that exactly mean.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thats one reason why I suggested @EMPIRETECANDY; he does 3-Day DHL by default and dont inflate prices insanely for that level of shipping... Beware of free ePacket Delivery, it can take over a month for you to get your package.. and thats just transit, not even handling time.

read the listing, sometimes signal system selects lens type.. other time it actually selects PAL vs NTSC.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If your wanting a bulk/site discount contact him before checking out; he cannot alter prices after you checkout.

sotorious

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ahh now i got to wait till Feb.

Ok i will see if i can be patient. Contact him directly thru the site im guessing as well right.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah, you picked the worst time of the year to install cameras heh.. weather is shit, foliage is gone, and china is shut down for holiday..

but it is the best time to go crawling around in attics, fuuuck doing that in the summer.

sotorious

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah, you picked the worst time of the year to install cameras heh.. weather is shit, foliage is gone, and china is shut down for holiday..

but it is the best time to go crawling around in attics, fuuuck doing that in the summer.
Back to that PTZ that i had showed you i cant not find it on that side but i did find it on another site. The place i linked is that a pretty decent price for it?

Also if i set up wifi cams around the house all that can link up to blueiris correct?

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
wifi doesn't work well for security cams... they need power anyways just run ethernet and power them by poe

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Back to that PTZ that i had showed you i cant not find it on that side but i did find it on another site. The place i linked is that a pretty decent price for it?

Also if i set up wifi cams around the house all that can link up to blueiris correct?
just to give real world, I have one of those little hikvision 3mp cams in the house, soon to be all dahua starlight turrets, I have to run it at 10fps and about 6,000kbps and constant bitrate that is the best I can do and get a stable signal, not horrible, but that is with ONE camera on the wifi, the more you throw in, the worse it gets, and if you run laptops and stuff, oh yeah.

sotorious

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Question on Blueiris. If i have a computer stored away, and i have another computer elsewhere in the room. How would i view the cams on the other pc. Will it be thru a browser or can i download the actualy program on another pc and it streams to it.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
and for everything else the WebServer wont provide you there is RDP; but its not advisable for constantly viewing your cameras over remote desktop.. it uses up alot of cpu/electricity.

many people run BI headless w/no displays directly plugged in once everything is all installed.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
and for everything else the WebServer wont provide you there is RDP; but its not advisable for constantly viewing your cameras over remote desktop.. it uses up alot of cpu/electricity.

many people run BI headless w/no displays directly plugged in once everything is all installed.
Unless it changes drastically with tons of cameras I do not find that to be the case, when I pull up the console over rdp CPU only goes up maybe 2%. I leave it minimized when I'm not using it.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thats going to depend largely on the resolution of your BI server and how much stuff on screen is changing.. but there is a point where it starts chewing up more cpu than its worth.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Unless it changes drastically with tons of cameras I do not find that to be the case, when I pull up the console over rdp CPU only goes up maybe 2%. I leave it minimized when I'm not using it.
Do you have yours set to unrestricted or update frames every 5 seconds...RDP may be different than other remote viewing apps since we know for a fact that teamviewer and the like increase cpu dramatically..