Looking for a new Secuiry setup.

ldasilva

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Do you have yours set to unrestricted or update frames every 5 seconds...RDP may be different than other remote viewing apps since we know for a fact that teamviewer and the like increase cpu dramatically..
i see about 5% blue iris rdp open unrestricted
blue iris version 4.3.9.0
i7 - 3rd gen
windows 10

my windows 7 box is higher
blue iris version 4.5.0.0
xeon e3 gen 3 no HA
about 10% more

each one RDP'ed from a windows 7 to 7/10

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you have yours set to unrestricted or update frames every 5 seconds...RDP may be different than other remote viewing apps since we know for a fact that teamviewer and the like increase cpu dramatically..
Mine is restricted to five seconds, there's no reason to watch real-time streaming over rdp imho and I would fully expect that to eat up CPU, try watching a movie over rdp, haha. If you want to watch real-time go through the web page or review stuff on the machine itself. It's possible with tons of cams even local viewing will kill the machine, I guess I will cross that bridge when I come to it. Perhaps we should ask Ken to make a small viewer type client that can be run on other machines to take load off the bi server.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps we should ask Ken to make a small viewer type client that can be run on other machines to take load off the bi server.
A full client has been promised for quite some time (in the v4 release notes)...not sure when that will happen..

sotorious

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@nayr do you know if @EMPIRETECANDY is back? I'm ready to get these cameras ordered. I don't think I can wait any longer I'm almost ready to go for. Different brand!

I got the computer poe switch and software all I'm lacking is the cameras!

sotorious

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I tried to select DHL on one of the cameras form Ali Express and one of the shipments are free the other one is charging me 47.00. I guess it all depends on the seller who is shipping them right?

Also i cant find the PTZ SD59225U-HN which is that on there, I wonder if it is a different part # on the site, i dont mind the 30x zoom one either.

sotorious

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ordered, ill just have to wait on the PTZ see if i can find it from another website.