Looking for feedback : Hikvision DS-2CD2347G1-LU (Colorvu) or Hikvision Darkfighter DS-2CD2345FWD-I

schepps

n3wb
Reaction score
Good Morning!

I have been reading a lot on these forums. I have determined I don't want to self-install, and therefore my options are limited. So far - the security camera companies near me really only deal with Hikvision/LTS and don't really mess with dahua, unfortunately.

I have narrowed down my two choices. I am using a 3-4 camera system for a residence. I want good night vision and good day-time vision as well.

I am trying to decide between the Hikvision 4mp Colorvu 4mm turret (https://www.use-ip.co.uk/datasheets/7452/hikvision_ds2cd2347g1lu_4mp_colorvu_fixed_turret_network_camera_.pdf)

or

Hikvision Darkfighter 4mp 2.8mm turret (http://www.cctvseller.co.uk/cctvseller-co-uk/_img/4mp darkfighter/ds-2cd2345fwd-i_spec.pdf)

I have been unsuccessful locating reviews/videos online with these two specific cameras. I am looking for feedback/advice from people that are more knowledgeable than I am.

I greatly appreciate any feedback

Thank you!

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have no experience with either camera. Just looking at the spec i would go with the one that has the largest sensor.
DS-2CD2347G1-LU .

I am a DIYer I just do not trust camera sales installers. Buy your own equipment and locate a low voltage electrician to pull and install the cameras and wire.

Defcon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’ve installed loads of Hik cameras over the years but like you say, the reviews of the DS-2CD2347G1-LU are basically non existing. It appears more people on this forum are opting for Dahua and I gather this maybe the reason why new Hik cams are getting less attention and less reviews on here.

I would love to try the Dahua’s but I’m lost when trying to compare what Dahua cam is the equivalent to a Hik cam I would use in a situation. Too many model numbers.

Anyhow I hope to take a gamble on some of these DS-2CD2347G1-LU cams this week. Outside cams for night surveillance I have been installing the 2335’s but this past 6-Months a good number of 2345’s as they have simply replaced the 2335’s according to my suppliers. They are apparently a lot bigger in size so that rules out me using the junction boxes and brackets that the other cams would normally use.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Defcon
if Hikvision cameras need reviews, then the HIK suppliers need to provide the cameras to the reviewers to be reviewed.

uid0

n3wb
Reaction score
I’m quite sad that the momentum is fading on the Hikvision brand here. I’d also love to see some side-by-sides of the newer models — especially any improvements to low light.

mark4470

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just bought a colorvu bullet from Nelly’s.. So far it’s great. The camera is mounted too high that’s my fault when I mounted the original camera a few years ago. I plan to buy another one. The picture is pitch black only the camera light is on.

Rebelx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Would love to see a Hik vs Dahua shoot out with blind photos posted for everyone to see.... ;)

uid0

n3wb
Reaction score
So I picked one of these up and swapped out one of my older 4mp, 4mm cams from a few years back to see how it would do. I am very happy with the quality at night! Looks great with WDR on, can pick out colors in the middle of the night is pretty low light (there are a few street lights where this camera is so it’s not completely pitch black out. I’ll have to send some before/afters.