Mini PTZ 2nd Gen: 2016 PTZ Camera of the year!

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Heck, you paid on the 6th and already have yours. I paid on the 5th and mine has not been shipped yet. I'm jealous!!! :p
I received a message this morning indicating the order would be cancelled automatically if not shipped within 7 days. It did give me the option to extend the processing time.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
im sure someone mentioned they are working on a dome ptz and I'm sure it won't take much effort to remove the logo.

im considering plasti dipping one. I'd like it to be a little less conspicuous to the casual passer by .
I asked Monica about this recently. She said it is a 1.3MP PT only, with a fixed 6mm lens.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
The "hidden" IRs

UI is all the same.

Firmware running:

Program VersionV1.0.2 Build 201512121703
Control Version MiniPtz_V1.0.2_build201512011507
Web Page Version1.1.1 Build 20151212
Plugin Version1.0.4.41

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just the 2 IRs klasipca, or are there 2 more up the top for different zoom?

Thanks for this, am following with interest!

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I have guests over, so not much I can do with testing today, but one thing for sure, design is the same, just hidden panel for IRs as you saw, UI is the same and probably the same firmware because I didn't see any obvious differences. I ran into an issue when I changed ports. The settings do not stick. Still not sure if it's a bug will have to check on that. One thing is left to see if the image quality is improved.

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Well folks. I guess I will be a slight buzz kill with this cam. It's definitely not worse then 1st gen, but the improvements are so negligible that jumping to replace 1st gen is not worth while. Kind of think of going from Hikvision 3MP to 4MP, but even less obvious difference. Overall these are my findings:

Differences:
1. IR leds location has changed, two on top for long distance, two on the bottom for short distance
2. Firmware is pretty much identical. The only new difference I noticed is with the 2nd gen they added setting for 1280x720 & 1280x960 as your recording resolution
3. Night vision showed very little difference, there appears to be only minor improvement in terms of noise, but it's pretty much negligible. (I haven't tried in daylight yet)

Didn't have a better shared object to record so this is all I can do for now. Try to guess which one is which (NR is at 50%, default settings otherwise with 1080p@30fps 10000 Mbps, fully zoomed in at 10x)

Test setup

With all IR power (4 total)

No IR

With it's own IR (2 each)

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great stuff, thanks @klasipca. Dissapointing that there aren't obvious improvements, at least at night, but at least it's still a good thing.

What interests me is the 10000Mbps. I was under the impression that one of the main advantages of the Ambarella processor was the ability to get the same or better image quality with substantially lower bitrates. If you set them to variable, with the same high max-bitrate, does the new one use less bandwidth?

BTW, have they added H265 as an option?

Thanks again. :)

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Great stuff, thanks @klasipca. Dissapointing that there aren't obvious improvements, at least at night, but at least it's still a good thing.

What interests me is the 10000Mbps. I was under the impression that one of the main advantages of the Ambarella processor was the ability to get the same or better image quality with substantially lower bitrates. If you set them to variable, with the same high max-bitrate, does the new one use less bandwidth?

BTW, have they added H265 as an option?

Thanks again. :)

No, there is no H265.

I tried to record the same tree at 4000 Mbps @ 15 fps VBR in both cams and really don't see any difference in terms of which is one is better and bitrate was about the same

Final shot by Huisun gen 1 to show IRs in gen 2

Power measurement:

Idle (no IR) 3.3watt
Idle (IR for wide area) 9.3 watt
Idle (IR for long distance) 8.4 watt
PTZ (IR) jumped up to 15.5 watt, stayed at 11 watt

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi klasipca.
The hidden's led when are turned on, the human's eye can see them ?

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry i thought of something like laser technology :)

If so what do you need to hide the LEDs?

Mael

n3wb
Reaction score
As others have reported with the 1st gen camera, the corners of the picture are a bit blurry during the day. It will be interesting to see if this new version has the same problem.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Do the IR LEDs still show the faint red glow to the human eye?
I'm wondering if they have managed to implement a filter which cuts off the human-visible portion of the spread from the 850nm peak but leaves the camera-visible portion largely intact.
*edit* Missed the earlier answer.