Mini PTZ camera impressions! 2015 PTZ camera of the year? AVOID THIS CAMERA

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Spoke with Monica, the dome which has auto tracking is not POE, powered by a 12vdc adapter. Would have been nice if it was all POE including the ptz.

Also a Little pricey at $330 plus shipping.

Anyone know the hik equivalence to this with auto smart tracking? The Bullet is for sure worth it, if someone is in the market for a ptz.
About £950 GBP.
When I looked for a genuine hikvision not the unbranded versions with hikvision module.
They look around £450-£500 GBP

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The DHL is a bit hard hitting on the domes too, £83 for customs (that's for 2) but I did get them for a good price so I won't moan to much.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello all. I received my PoE PTZ with audio/alarm IO today and wanted to share some quick pics and video of the menu settings and available options for anyone wondering. I mounted the camera in a makeshift stand in my messy garage and hooked it up to my PoE switch. Fired up SADP and camera was there with the default IP 192.168.0.99, which kind of made it even easier for me, since my internal network is in the same subnet. So far everything seems to be working good. I will eventually setup the mic and alarms options to test, but didn't want to mess with it today. As OP mentioned, it works fine with my Hikvision NVR, so it is definitely a plus for me.

Here are some observations/questions so far:

1. PTZ controls worked fine after installing the plugin and using Firefox browser (Internet Explorer works better) to access the web interface. This was also the case when using iVMS 4200 (PC) and iVMS 4500 (android).

2. I was able to add the camera to BlueIris, but wasn't able to get the PTZ controls working with any of the combinations I tried when selecting the streaming and PTZ protocols. Hopefully this can be added/fix in the future. Maybe I'm doing it wrong? Seems pretty straight forward.

3. One missing option that I noticed right away is the ability to setup a Day/Night schedule. Is this an option for more expensive/ better quality PTZs?

4. Have a weird issue connecting to the camera remotely with iVMS 4500. I forwarded the ports in my router and configured the settings as all my other cameras, but always get a connection failed message when trying to start live video. I'm able to authenticate with the camera fine, so I know it is communicating using my DDNS, but cannot get the video to start. If I use my internal network (192.168.0/24), it works flawlessly. If I connect to my NVR remotely using iVMS 4500, I can see the video feed and move camera with PTZ controls. It could be a router configuration, but really doubt it. Anyone else having the same issue?

5. PTZ controls from my NVR are noticeably laggy with a delay response when trying to move the camera. At times it actually move the camera way too much, even if I just click once to pan left or right. This is even worse when connected outside my home network. My NVR is a DS-7608N-E2/8P with v3.0.10 build 141126 firmware.

Here is the link to the video I made to show the camera setting options.

Now the true questions is, how long will this camera work? We shall see.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing! I haven't played with mine recently, but ,wow, it's a beautiful night image. Btw reach out to Monica for any missing features or bugs. Maybe remind her that they need to add Chrome compatibility and ability to edit server port (8000) ;)

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello all. I received my PoE PTZ with audio/alarm IO today and wanted to share some quick pics and video of the menu settings and available options for anyone wondering. I mounted the camera in a makeshift stand in my messy garage and hooked it up to my PoE switch. Fired up SADP and camera was there with the default IP 192.168.0.99, which kind of made it even easier for me, since my internal network is in the same subnet. So far everything seems to be working good. I will eventually setup the mic and alarms options to test, but didn't want to mess with it today. As OP mentioned, it works fine with my Hikvision NVR, so it is definitely a plus for me.

Here are some observations/questions so far:

1. PTZ controls worked fine after installing the plugin and using Firefox browser (Internet Explorer works better) to access the web interface. This was also the case when using iVMS 4200 (PC) and iVMS 4500 (android).

2. I was able to add the camera to BlueIris, but wasn't able to get the PTZ controls working with any of the combinations I tried when selecting the streaming and PTZ protocols. Hopefully this can be added/fix in the future. Maybe I'm doing it wrong? Seems pretty straight forward.

3. One missing option that I noticed right away is the ability to setup a Day/Night schedule. Is this an option for more expensive/ better quality PTZs?

4. Have a weird issue connecting to the camera remotely with iVMS 4500. I forwarded the ports in my router and configured the settings as all my other cameras, but always get a connection failed message when trying to start live video. I'm able to authenticate with the camera fine, so I know it is communicating using my DDNS, but cannot get the video to start. If I use my internal network (192.168.0/24), it works flawlessly. If I connect to my NVR remotely using iVMS 4500, I can see the video feed and move camera with PTZ controls. It could be a router configuration, but really doubt it. Anyone else having the same issue?

5. PTZ controls from my NVR are noticeably laggy with a delay response when trying to move the camera. At times it actually move the camera way too much, even if I just click once to pan left or right. This is even worse when connected outside my home network. My NVR is a DS-7608N-E2/8P with v3.0.10 build 141126 firmware.

Here is the link to the video I made to show the camera setting options.

[video]https://youtu.be/kh1Ys-uLJ0I[/video]

Now the true questions is, how long will this camera work? We shall see.
Very impressive.
On the dome version there is a option for day/night
But the only option is either day night or auto

Would have been nice to have a scheduled option like the hiks

Mel42

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
"5. PTZ controls from my NVR are noticeably laggy with a delay response when trying to move the camera."

I do not see any lag on my NVR DS-7816E-N2 non-POE, I do get lag through IVMS-4500 to the NVR but this is the case with other PTZ I have used, the lag is reduced if I connect IVMS straight to the camera.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm also considering the option of having the camera fitted with the hikvision module.
It works out £65 extra

But then you have the full hikvision interface and every option for the specific firmware.

I've no doubt it will be a hacked Chinese version but my other 2 himself are and so will the nvr when I purchase one

My only other thought is if the picture quality on the hik module is as good as the Huisun module as I must say I've been impressed with both day and night shots from the Huisun

Food for thought

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
To be honest, at the price of Huisun it's not worth the extra £65 for the HIK module, with the images as good as they are, all we need is the firmware to do a few bits more than it does. Which should come with updates

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
To be honest, at the price of Huisun it's not worth the extra £65 for the HIK module, with the images as good as they are, all we need is the firmware to do a few bits more than it does. Which should come with updates
That's my way of thinking at the minute

Oh by the way went to purchase that nvr you got and it's not available anymore!

Missed the boat on that one!

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm going to compare it to my speed dome (which cost alot more) but the image quality is great. I think it's the Sony IMX122 or 222. I wouldn't swap that for the Hikvision one.

Hopefully sunny this weekend!

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm going to compare it to my speed dome (which cost alot more) but the image quality is great. I think it's the Sony IMX122 or 222. I wouldn't swap that for the Hikvision one.

Hopefully sunny this weekend!
No I've decided just to go with the Huisun one
Just waiting for Monica to confirm payment managed to get it for £240 including dhl shipping to the UK

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No I've decided just to go with the Huisun one
Just waiting for Monica to confirm payment managed to get it for £240 including dhl shipping to the UK
Sorry reeves, that's what I meant! Stick with the Huisun one, I think it's Sony IMX122 or 222 and I wouldn't swap that for the Hikvision one for free!

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sorry reeves, that's what I meant! Stick with the Huisun one, I think it's Sony IMX122 or 222 and I wouldn't swap that for the Hikvision one for free!
Is it really that good!
I have seen a couple of shots posted and had a remote login to see for myself but it's never as good as when you have one in hand.
If it gives a decent nightshot and the auto tracking works eveb somewhat remotely like it should then I will be over the moon.

I don't really need a ptz camera but have always wanted one to play with.

I'm a fan of hikvision stuff and have been refreshed by their approach of offering decent quality and a low price.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Did I miss something? You can get this mini PTZ with Hikvision module for $200?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Speed Dome is a different league to a Mini PTZ. They (Hik compatible ones) normally cost £400+ so getting a decent one delivered for £240+ customs is a bargain.

ahadata

n3wb
Reaction score
Just wondering, is it by any chance onvif compatible
love to try it on my synology surv. Station

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Good looking cam at a good price. I'll wait to see if you can get it fully working with Blue Iris.