Mini PTZ camera impressions! 2015 PTZ camera of the year? AVOID THIS CAMERA

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Boys, have you guys tried firefox? None of my Hik plugins are working on IE Edge, or Chrome anymore. So far Firefox is cooperating.

And you guys all suck....I caved and bought one to play with.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Fun to watch the IR light from the other cam too. Oh and 2132 looks pathetic in comparison

I decided to order second one.
Do you have a cat? Awesome video. Just saw a cat walk by at 1:55

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I try to use ivmas4500 connect to the camera without using the nvr. it's doesn't work. but work under nvr.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I try to use ivmas4500 connect to the camera without using the nvr. it's doesn't work. but work under nvr.
I have a similar problem. With iVMS 4500 it works if I'm viewing/controlling the PTZ in the local network, but not outside (remote). If I connect to NVR via iVMS 4500, then I can control the view/control for the camera in either the local or remote networks. Weird.

Last edited by a moderator:

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Strange I can connect via NVR, Direct via IVMS 4200 ,5200 AND 4500 all working local network and remote.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a similar problem. With iVMS 4500 it works if I'm viewing/controlling the PTZ in the local network, but not outside (remote). If I connect to NVR via iVMS 4500, then I can control the view/control for the camera in either the local or remote networks. Weird.
Sounds more like a router configuration issue and not the camera

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sounds more like a router configuration issue and not the camera
That was my suspicion, especially now that I know others are not having the same issue. Need to check my router then. Thanks.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Make sure you port forward 8000 in your router. It's the only port needed for ivms4500

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just bought the analogue 4x one. Will test and post back results when it gets here

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there any benefit using analog these days?
Not really....but some jobs require repulling wire and replacing equipment and many rather not...

On a side note, Monica didnt know what BNC connector is, and she asked me do I want poe? So im a little confused as to what im getting...LOL

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe because in every order I placed I mentioned in the comments that I wanted poe every time and then confirmed it again with her second time :)

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I checked the port 8000. it's open!!! via canyouseeme.org
I don't have this camera yet so I can't comment on the specifics of the ports, but if it uses the same as how hik configures their equipment then wouldn't port 8000 be on both NVR and camera? One of the devices needs another port number assigned as two devices cannot share a port to the world wide web

Your trying to access the cameras without going through the NVR on ivms4500? My question is why?

gpower07

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't have this camera yet so I can't comment on the specifics of the ports, but if it uses the same as how hik configures their equipment then wouldn't port 8000 be on both NVR and camera? One of the devices needs another port number assigned as two devices cannot share a port to the world wide web

Your trying to access the cameras without going through the NVR on ivms4500? My question is why?

I used 8888 for nvr.

jordanb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have this connected up to a ds-7104sn/p but cannot seem to get any ptz controls via the ivms4500 app on my mobile, says not supported by the device, any ideas?

*EDIT*

appears that particular nvr does not support pTZ controls,