Mini PTZ camera impressions! 2015 PTZ camera of the year? AVOID THIS CAMERA

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I finally mounted and this thing is friggin awesome! It's my first PTZ really and at this price it's beyond amazing

Ghetto mounting job. The cable could be better tucked in inside the arm, I will redo this at some point.

Now Ghetto back yard protected. Notice the sides are blurry, it's not really a defect, because I can focus manually, just aperture at play here.

Zoomed in all the way. It's pitch black and the image is nice and sharp

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Here is my night vision test and I must say I'm really impressed. I mounted the camera in the corner of my house on top of the rain gutters to really see what it can do. I also turned off all my cameras and outdoors IR lights to prevent any false ideas of the performance for this camera's IRs. Wow! This thing is really good! I can only hope this camera will work for a long time. Enjoy.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Fun to watch the IR light from the other cam too. Oh and 2132 looks pathetic in comparison

I decided to order second one.

Last edited by a moderator:

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Nice video loving the search light effect, but seriously these mini ptz are great and for the money even better.
I'm glad a took the gamble at the start and happier and I shared on the forum.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Nice video loving the search light effect, but seriously these mini ptz are great and for the money even better.
I'm glad a took the gamble at the start and happier and I shared on the forum.
I am glad you did take the gamble and shared. The moment you said "Hikvision protocols" I was sold on this.

fmflex

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I finally got to fire mine up today and must say I'm seriously impressed. The online videos and snapshots just don't do it justice. Unfortunately the weather wasn't agreeing with me today else I'd have mounted it already. This will probably be operational before the Dahua speed dome gets installed.

Anyone who's got one, do you notice that it pans a lot slower when zoomed in?

Now if I can hide the purchase from my partner I might get another to install instead of the 2732 VF I was planning to use for no reason other than to watch one neighbour that I'm feuding with currently. It'll probably be overkill for the task but the flexibility to pan it around to check out other things would be handy.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Good looking cam at a good price. I'll wait to see if you can get it fully working with Blue Iris.
Yeah, I really would like to be able to control this PTZ camera with BlueIris. I wonder if someone knows the process and what would the BlueIris dev will need to be able to add it. Anyone?

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would send a help request to the BI developer, and see if he can help you.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I finally got to fire mine up today and must say I'm seriously impressed. The online videos and snapshots just don't do it justice. Unfortunately the weather wasn't agreeing with me today else I'd have mounted it already. This will probably be operational before the Dahua speed dome gets installed.

Anyone who's got one, do you notice that it pans a lot slower when zoomed in?

Now if I can hide the purchase from my partner I might get another to install instead of the 2732 VF I was planning to use for no reason other than to watch one neighbor that I'm feuding with currently. It'll probably be overkill for the task but the flexibility to pan it around to check out other things would be handy.
I was also considering more expensive VF 2742 when this turned up (thanks to whoslooking who saved me bunch of $$$ :) ) Eventhough I did not need PTZ, it just fun to play with and gives much more flexibility for placement. 2nd one is on order and might need 3rd one down the road.

nathan7

n3wb
Reaction score
I have one of these coming to replace an older Loftek PTZ (640x480). I currently use curl from a shell script to PTZ to a preset on the Loftek like this:

curl 'http://address/decoder_control.cgi?command=31&user=uname&pwd=pword'

Hopefully I can find how to do this with the new one.

Secondly, is telnet possible on these?

Thanks.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
FYI, for anyone getting this camera. It does not work in latest Chrome. Not only there is no live view, the UI does not work. According to Monica they are working on a solution, but I don't know how long that will be.

There is no telnet/ssh option in the ui and I don't know if url is supported. I will check with Monica.

Last edited by a moderator:

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's the same as hikvision
Google have completely disabled npapi in their browser and the override removed as of September with chrome 45.
Of you can get an older version of chrome like 18 it will work.
Until Huisun revamp the live view and control plugin it won't work with any version from 45 onwards

I spoke with Monica about it yesterday and they weren't really aware of it until I went into a bit of detail about it. To which she said she would pass the information and the request to sort the issue to their engineers.

I have a feeling it may be a while though as I can't see everyone rushing to fix just for 1 browser. When/if every other browser starts to follow suit then I think that's when it will be swiftly resolved.

This is pure speculation but I don't think it will require a firmware update just the whole front end of the web gui to be revamped

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
It's not entirely the same as Hikvision. Live view yes, but actual configurations work fine in Hikvision, unlike Huisun where no settings are populated and you can't see or edit them:

I was told in China IE is preferred browser that's why Chrome gets low priority on fixes.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's not entirely the same as Hikvision. Live view yes, but actual configurations work fine in Hikvision, unlike Huisun where no settings are populated and you can't see or edit them:

I was told in China IE is preferred browser that's why Chrome gets low priority on fixes.
Sorry what I meant was hikvision gui can't view live view either in chrome.
But then again any cam that uses npapi will be in a similar situation.

Granted it would be nice to be able to edit the settings but it is what it is.

I've noticed that with hikvision you can't edit some settings from your mobile as they don't save (the ones that auto save in image/video)

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I've noticed that with hikvision you can't edit some settings from your mobile as they don't save (the ones that auto save in image/video)
Yup, sometimes annoying when I need to change that from an android tablet/phone, but then now the problem I can't edit the setting at all for that mini PTZ which is a bummer.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yup, sometimes annoying when I need to change that from an android tablet/phone, but then now the problem I can't edit the setting at all for that mini PTZ which is a bummer.
True but I'm sure with enough persuasion they may implement a fix or until some genius finds a hack for chrome 45 and above to 're allow npapi

Biggs

n3wb
Reaction score
I see. So is this logic correct?
10x zoom is like 12mm
3x zoom is like 2.8mm

For the 10x zoom, what is the equivalent FOV when fully zoomed out?

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I see. So is this logic correct?
10x zoom is like 12mm
3x zoom is like 2.8mm

For the 10x zoom, what is the equivalent FOV when fully zoomed out?
The description from the link provided says the focal length from 5.1-51mm
Not sure how accurate it is but that's what it says