Mini PTZ camera impressions! 2015 PTZ camera of the year? AVOID THIS CAMERA

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks klasipca.

Going by that image; pan speed is reduced even more from 15°/s to 12°/s for the 10x (it's already 12 for the wide angle 3x and 4x I think), pan range is reduced from 300° to 250°, and tilt has lost 5° down.

Maybe now is the time buy...
I would take these downgrades if they improved IQ even further.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
If I am interpreting Monica correctly the new cam will be cheaper. I asked any additional detail on the cam and her reply was "[FONT=wf_segoe-ui_normal]2nd generation camera model is less than 1st generation,"[/FONT]

dalepa

Reaction score
The 10x Huisun I received on Friday only pans to 250°. And tilts -10° to 55°

Thanks klasipca.

Going by that image; pan speed is reduced even more from 15°/s to 12°/s for the 10x (it's already 12 for the wide angle 3x and 4x I think), pan range is reduced from 300° to 250°, and tilt has lost 5° down.

Maybe now is the time buy...

ibuyufo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Would you mind posting picture of your pole and clamp?

Got my second 10x ptz a few days ago and finally got around to setting it up. I first had to make a ptz pole and clamp. Actually did it from 3/4" black threaded pipe (one foot), a cap for one end, a flange for the other end and four bolts and nuts to go through the camera's mounting holes secured directly in back by a straight piece of metal with holes on opposite ends (I used two of these). Screwed them downtighly and good to go. The flange will screw directly to a large wooden beam in the center of my peaked roof garage, facing the front of the street. Hardware cost twenty bucks. Damn flange was almost eight bucks!

Plugged the ptz in to my poe+ switch and fired up sadp.....nothing. SADP would not recognize it. Tried several times. So, I installed the HK SADP software that comes with the camera on the mini cd. still would not recognize the camera. Since I am an old pc tech., i didn't panic. I just uninstalled SADP, went to the HIK website and downloaded their SADP. That worked and I changed IP, gateway, etc. and now the second ptz is online. When I get my cat6 stp tomorrow (monoprice) I will make the run and enjoy the view! I think that the neighbors think that I am going "camera crazy". haha.

I am really thinking hard about using this camera again (another order from ali) wherever I need another camera. I actually need just two more cams for my house for my east and west walkways. I mean, for seventy bucks more than a dome or bullet HIK or Dahua, why not just get this one? Makes sense to me.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Interesting. According to the specs on here it should be 300° and 60°.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/HUISUN-2-0MP-Waterproof-1080P-Full-HD-PTZ-IP-camera-full-functions-bullet-PTZ-camera/1248007_32379755297.html

View attachment 6416

Edit: just tried one of mine, and it's 250/55 as you say. Some inaccurate info on the listing by the looks of it.
But monica says 'So i delievry later .we also confirm quality.' I wonder what serves as confirmation of quality, and is it anything like promising me a shipping notice 3 days ago?

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
But monica says 'So i delievry later .we also confirm quality.' I wonder what serves as confirmation of quality, and is it anything like promising me a shipping notice 3 days ago?
All these delivery posts make me chuckle.
We've all been there, we all want everything yesterday.
When it arrives you forget all about it.

I ordered a couple of nvrs last month (from a different supplier)
And their only shipping method was e-ems
Which said 5-10 days to the UK.

I'd asked before I ordered how long lead time before despatch to shipper and was told day after payment confirmed.

I duly ordered. 5 days later no despatch or shipping info.

I was then given a tracking number that didn't activate until 24 hours after I was given it. Then it didn't chain at all for another 24 hours!
All of a sudden the tracking started moving along and within 72 hours it was at my door.

Bearing in mind e-ems is Hong Kong post and parcel force 24 in the UK.

All in all it was with me in 10 maybe 11 days.

I was pissed until it the parcel turned up.
Then I was at ease and reflected it was actually a pretty darn good service. From China to UK.

I hear what your all saying about Monica taking her time to despatch my last order with her for 1 speed dome and 2 mini ptz I had to wait an extra 2 days for them to actually make the mini ptz. Even though initially I was told it would ship day after payment.

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
All these delivery posts make me chuckle.
We've all been there, we all want everything yesterday.
When it arrives you forget all about it.

I ordered a couple of nvrs last month (from a different supplier)
And their only shipping method was e-ems
Which said 5-10 days to the UK.

I'd asked before I ordered how long lead time before despatch to shipper and was told day after payment confirmed.

I duly ordered. 5 days later no despatch or shipping info.

I was then given a tracking number that didn't activate until 24 hours after I was given it. Then it didn't chain at all for another 24 hours!
All of a sudden the tracking started moving along and within 72 hours it was at my door.

Bearing in mind e-ems is Hong Kong post and parcel force 24 in the UK.

All in all it was with me in 10 maybe 11 days.

I was pissed until it the parcel turned up.
Then I was at ease and reflected it was actually a pretty darn good service. From China to UK.

I hear what your all saying about Monica taking her time to despatch my last order with her for 1 speed dome and 2 mini ptz I had to wait an extra 2 days for them to actually make the mini ptz. Even though initially I was told it would ship day after payment.
Fortunately, this is a toy, and I certainly don't expect FIFO, but I know I ordered before (same day) dalepa, and he got his Friday while I'm hung out to dry. No biggie to me really, but folks should know...expectations and all that. Cheers!

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep, mine finally shipped out! They took the full 7 days. Excited now!

james99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK. Give me a day or two to get it mounted on the garage beam. Should be getting my CAT 6 cable today and after it is pulled and all is good, I will take a couple of shots for you.

james99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Would you mind posting picture of your pole and clamp?
Give me a couple of days to mount it. I am waiting for the cat6 cable should be here today. I will pull it and when all is ok, I will upload a couple of pics.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
My dad ordered two of the plain PoE 10x ($140 version) yesterday. I feel like this thread has gained Huisun a LOT of business. The OP should be receiving a commission.

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I finally got a reply back from Monica:
i am sorry for reply later Camera is producing,you need wait for several days
They are make to order!! LOL!

james99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Now that we got wind of a new model in the works, I am holding my dollars to see what this thing is. I really want another one. For me, these have become my go to cam, just because of price and performance.

ibuyufo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I bought 5 of these cameras. It seems that every time I buy something like a few days later the prices go down or a new replacement model take its place. That's the story of my life!

Off topic, but has Monoprice ever offered cat5e or 6 bulk cables during black friday?

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I bought 5 of these cameras. It seems that every time I buy something like a few days later the prices go down or a new replacement model take its place. That's the story of my life!

Off topic, but has Monoprice ever offered cat5e or 6 bulk cables during black friday?
Another byproduct of early adopters...I often buy phones on the day of release, when they're like $750 before tax!

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ouch!! Man I hate being an early adopter.
I consider it a license to bitch and moan! :)

edit: I mean, think about it...we pay the highest possible price, often get beta quality, debug for the ungrateful conglomerates, waste our time offering feedback and testing solutions, then by the time it's stable, the product is obsolete, and going for half price!

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Interesting. According to the specs on here it should be 300° and 60°.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/HUISUN-2-0MP-Waterproof-1080P-Full-HD-PTZ-IP-camera-full-functions-bullet-PTZ-camera/1248007_32379755297.html

View attachment 6416

Edit: just tried one of mine, and it's 250/55 as you say. Some inaccurate info on the listing by the looks of it.
Also, if you notice on that link, it says "300º Continuous Rotation"....Continuous rotation means it can spin in circles forever without having to ever turn back the other direction. It would have to be 360º in order to accomplish that.

How many negative degrees (above horizon) does yours go? I see someone else posted -10º, yet the specs on the ad states -5º

Also, does anyone know what the true range of shutter speed is? It says on the ad the slowest is 1/25, but since even the entry level Hiks go as slow as 1/3, I have to wonder if this is correct.

I've been somewhat interested in trying these based on image quality posted here, but I've been very turned off by the inconsistency of the specs within the ad. Without knowing the true specs of these cams (and the dome versions), it's hard to determine if they would meet my needs. For example, I would love to replace some analog PTZs that I have, but the replacement needs to be able to look upward a bit from the horizon. 10º above horizon may be barely doable for me, where 5º would almost certainly be too little upward tilt (especially when zooming). Not being able to go slower than 1/25 on the shutter speed would also be a setback as one of the cams I'd be replacing is a "nature cam" that I leave in color at night with a 1/3 shutter speed.