Mini PTZ camera impressions! 2015 PTZ camera of the year? AVOID THIS CAMERA

james99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Got my second 10x ptz a few days ago and finally got around to setting it up. I first had to make a ptz pole and clamp. Actually did it from 3/4" black threaded pipe (one foot), a cap for one end, a flange for the other end and four bolts and nuts to go through the camera's mounting holes secured directly in back by a straight piece of metal with holes on opposite ends (I used two of these). Screwed them downtighly and good to go. The flange will screw directly to a large wooden beam in the center of my peaked roof garage, facing the front of the street. Hardware cost twenty bucks. Damn flange was almost eight bucks!

Plugged the ptz in to my poe+ switch and fired up sadp.....nothing. SADP would not recognize it. Tried several times. So, I installed the HK SADP software that comes with the camera on the mini cd. still would not recognize the camera. Since I am an old pc tech., i didn't panic. I just uninstalled SADP, went to the HIK website and downloaded their SADP. That worked and I changed IP, gateway, etc. and now the second ptz is online. When I get my cat6 stp tomorrow (monoprice) I will make the run and enjoy the view! I think that the neighbors think that I am going "camera crazy". haha.

I am really thinking hard about using this camera again (another order from ali) wherever I need another camera. I actually need just two more cams for my house for my east and west walkways. I mean, for seventy bucks more than a dome or bullet HIK or Dahua, why not just get this one? Makes sense to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Got my second 10x ptz a few days ago and finally got around to setting it up. I first had to make a ptz pole and clamp. Actually did it from 3/4" black threaded pipe (one foot), a cap for one end, a flange for the other end and four bolts and nuts to go through the camera's mounting holes secured directly in back by a straight piece of metal with holes on opposite ends (I used two of these). Screwed them downtighly and good to go. The flange will screw directly to a large wooden beam in the center of my peaked roof garage, facing the front of the street. Hardware cost twenty bucks. Damn flange was almost eight bucks!

Plugged the ptz in to my poe+ switch and fired up sadp.....nothing. SADP would not recognize it. Tried several times. So, I installed the HK SADP software that comes with the camera on the mini cd. still would not recognize the camera. Since I am an old pc tech., i didn't panic. I just uninstalled SADP, went to the HIK website and downloaded their SADP. That worked and I changed IP, gateway, etc. and now the second ptz is online. When I get my cat6 stp tomorrow (monoprice) I will make the run and enjoy the view! I think that the neighbors think that I am going "camera crazy". haha.

I am really thinking hard about using this camera again (another order from ali) wherever I need another camera. I actually need just two more cams for my house for my east and west walkways. I mean, for seventy bucks more than a dome or bullet HIK or Dahua, why not just get this one? Makes sense to me.
That's my point too. There cheap enough to replace or buy for additional needed cam. Plus, the advantage of sitting at your computer to per-fect it's view is worth the extra $60!

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Let's try again with bigger image. There is an updated model coming! I hope the price point is the same and it will crush all competition even further

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Let's try again with bigger image. There is an updated model coming! I hope the price point is the same and it will crush all competition even further
Wait! WAT? No IR?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Wait! WAT? No IR?
I highly doubt they will cripple the camera by not including IR, in the spec it has the same 80 meter IR rating. It's either hidden or maybe a low end model without IR

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Right. Picture has no visible IR LEDs, but it does say 80M IR range. Should I cancel my pending order and wait for this new one? I have not heard anything from Monica about my order, she never answered my messages on AliExpress. Hum...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Right. Picture has no visible IR LEDs, but it does say 80M IR range. Should I cancel my pending order and wait for this new one? I have not heard anything from Monica about my order, she never answered my messages on AliExpress. Hum...
The ir is behind the black portion surrounding the lens. This same design can be found on some hikvision models.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
It's hard to say how long before it's released, it is, however, in the testing phase at the moment. That's all she was able to disclose. Also, keep in mind with early production models you could run into some early adopter issues. Personally, i might hold off getting one until I hear some feedback.

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
fenderman,
You buying one of these ptz's? What's your thought on these?

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I think my two cameras showed up today. My BI captures showed USPS tried to deliver a box this morning but I didn't hear the doorbell and my gate was closed, so will have to pick it up at the Post Office after 2:00 PM, since I have to sign for them.

When I logged into my account on Ali, it still shows the cameras awaiting shipment. Strange! I ordered them on Nov 9th.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
He is a holding of for at least couple years to see if there is any quality issues popup :)
At least a year. I've seen way to many folks get burned, myself included. I also dont really ever user ptz. As I've pointed out before, its cheap enough to get one or two and eating the cost in the even of a problem, but buying 8 for a system is not prudent.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
At least a year. I've seen way to many folks get burned, myself included. I also dont really ever user ptz. As I've pointed out before, its cheap enough to get one or two and eating the cost in the even of a problem, but buying 8 for a system is not prudent.
These are my first PTZ cams and like you I don't really ever user PTZ on all my 3 cams either, they are actually static 99% of the time, but... the PTZ function allowed me to mount the cams where I wanted and fine tune the picture afterwards, unlike fixed Hikvision cams for the same price.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I think my two cameras showed up today. My BI captures showed USPS tried to deliver a box this morning but I didn't hear the doorbell and my gate was closed, so will have to pick it up at the Post Office after 2:00 PM, since I have to sign for them.

When I logged into my account on Ali, it still shows the cameras awaiting shipment. Strange! I ordered them on Nov 9th.
The first camera I got from them arrived with no shipment notifications until after I had received the camera. The second camera I got from them had all the email notifications as expected. I'm guessing the email notification system they use does not always work.

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The first camera I got from them arrived with no shipment notifications until after I had received the camera. The second camera I got from them had all the email notifications as expected. I'm guessing the email notification system they use does not always work.
Yeah, their shipment notification systems doesn't always seem to work. The box has to be the cameras because I don't have anything else on order. I ordered the two cameras separately but the USPS gal was delivering one big box about the size of two cameras. This is what my Ali account is still showing for both cameras.

Last edited by a moderator:

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So for people who received their cameras before any order status change on AliExpress or shipment notification, did your order on AliExpress get canceled due to the 10-day countdown?

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've never let the time run out on any orders. It will be interesting to let it run out to see what happens. Will the order be cancelled even though the cameras have been delivered? :D

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I've never let the time run out on any orders. It will be interesting to let it run out to see what happens. Will the order be cancelled even though the cameras have been delivered? :D
The sellers manually change status, so yes, it will be cancelled if Monica doesn't take action, but I am pretty sure in her dashboard she will get notification before it happens.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
So for people who received their cameras before any order status change on AliExpress or shipment notification, did your order on AliExpress get canceled due to the 10-day countdown?
My order did not get cancelled. Here are the details for my 2 cameras:

Camera 1
Ordered 9-25-2015
Camera received 10-5-2015
Shipment notification email 10-8-2015
Confirmed delivery email 10-9-2015

Camera 2
Ordered 10-16-2015
Camera Received 10-27-2015
Shipment notification email 10-21-2015
Confirm delivery email 10-27-2015

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They are working on a second generation cam which is currently in testing phase. It doesn't look much different on the outside but uses newer Ambarella chipset which could improve image quality and performance even further.
View attachment 6405
Thanks klasipca.

Going by that image; pan speed is reduced even more from 15°/s to 12°/s for the 10x (it's already 12 for the wide angle 3x and 4x I think), pan range is reduced from 300° to 250°, and tilt has lost 5° down.

Maybe now is the time buy...