Mini PTZ camera impressions! 2015 PTZ camera of the year? AVOID THIS CAMERA

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Also, if you notice on that link, it says "300º Continuous Rotation"....Continuous rotation means it can spin in circles forever without having to ever turn back the other direction. It would have to be 360º in order to accomplish that.

How many negative degrees (above horizon) does yours go? I see someone else posted -10º, yet the specs on the ad states -5º

Also, does anyone know what the true range of shutter speed is? It says on the ad the slowest is 1/25, but since even the entry level Hiks go as slow as 1/3, I have to wonder if this is correct.

I've been somewhat interested in trying these based on image quality posted here, but I've been very turned off by the inconsistency of the specs within the ad. Without knowing the true specs of these cams (and the dome versions), it's hard to determine if they would meet my needs. For example, I would love to replace some analog PTZs that I have, but the replacement needs to be able to look upward a bit from the horizon. 10º above horizon may be barely doable for me, where 5º would almost certainly be too little upward tilt (especially when zooming). Not being able to go slower than 1/25 on the shutter speed would also be a setback as one of the cams I'd be replacing is a "nature cam" that I leave in color at night with a 1/3 shutter speed.
I can't answer all your questions because I am not UN front of the camera

I can tell you the mini ptz does go up to -10 and the speed dome goes higher.

The speed of the mini ptz's pan and tilt is a lot slower than the Speed dome hence the speed part but it is sufficient to do its job.

I am not certain but I do think there is a 1/25 option but I could be wrong on that

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I can't answer all your questions because I am not UN front of the camera

I can tell you the mini ptz does go up to -10 and the speed dome goes higher.

The speed of the mini ptz's pan and tilt is a lot slower than the Speed dome hence the speed part but it is sufficient to do its job.

I am not certain but I do think there is a 1/25 option but I could be wrong on that
Interesting...The ad from this store also shows -5 degrees for the speed dome tilt, although the Huisun website says -10.....Huisun website also gives a slowest shutter of 1/1, where this aliexpress store says 1/25....

korakora

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Interesting...The ad from this store also shows -5 degrees for the speed dome tilt, although the Huisun website says -10.....Huisun website also gives a slowest shutter of 1/1, where this aliexpress store says 1/25....
shutter start from 1/30

shutter.jpg

only thing bothering me on this camera is motion detector ahrrr makes harddrive wasted 350mb only 2 weeks? before I replace my all hik with huisun 350MB can still be for 2 months, while waiting for firmware came to fix this problem I made pir diy, but the distance is only 4 meters, tomorrow I replace with a rather large pir hopefully as expected

wasted storage

hd.jpg

got pir for replacing motion detector

pir.jpg

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If your looking for stable motion detection, then look at external dual tech sensors (if you using it outside of course)
Pir's on there own are only good for a few metres before false trip rates go up.

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
mine is shipped. Took 7 days from order to ship. Hopefully it will be here next week. I need to figure out how to install it. I plan to install it on my house's siding. I used this product before for edxternal flood lamps.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001S2WPCK

Will I need an exterior junction box?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

korakora

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If your looking for stable motion detection, then look at external dual tech sensors (if you using it outside of course)
Pir's on there own are only good for a few metres before false trip rates go up.
hmm..seems expensive, I can not afford to buy 4 for all camera attached :sad2:

i'm just experiment with cheap sensor pir for $5 each, but the range very close
i've order different model a big one seller said more range cover, more sensitif and more cheap only $2 :)

mini pir

261334_cb3da1d0-f495-11e4-af35-18aa49bc7260.jpg

other model more bigger more sensitive (i hope) :LOL
261334_cfc258ae-f495-11e4-af35-18aa49bc7260.jpg

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
shutter start from 1/30

View attachment 6426
Thanks! That 1/30 is right in line with the Huisun website's specs for the 10x mini-ptz. Actually it says 1/25, which is a PAL standard, but that will automatically change to 1/30 if you use NTSC standard.

They list shutter speed down to 1/1 (which of course is equal to 1 second) on the speed dome version, so would love for someone with the speed dome to confirm if this is accurate too? Would also love to see a negative tilt confirmation. Huisun's website says -5 for the mini-ptz and -10 for the speed domes, but those contradict the values given by this Aliexpress seller that everyone is using and what another poster mentioned earlier this morning..

I don't understand why the Chinese just throw out random numbers for specs on their ads. I see some listings for the speed domes saying 30X zoom, then right below it says the focal length is 4.7mm to 94mm (which is only 20X)....I mean, it's not rocket science to turn on the camera and see how much it pans/tilts, what shutter speeds are offered, how much it zooms, etc. I don't understand why it's so hard for them to get correct specs in their ads....and it's not just the sellers, even the original manufacturers websites are loaded with errors.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
while waiting for firmware came to fix this problem
Did Monica tell you anything about new firmware coming out to fix this? I could never get a straight answer from her whether we'll ever see a new firmware. Especially now with new model in the horizon I don't have much hope.

korakora

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
so would love for someone with the speed dome to confirm if this is accurate too? Would also love to see a negative tilt confirmation. Huisun's website says -5 for the mini-ptz and -10 for the speed domes, but those contradict the values given by this Aliexpress seller that everyone is using and what another poster mentioned earlier this morning..
speed dome start from 1/25 (i've both)

shutter2.jpg

korakora

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did Monica tell you anything about new firmware coming out to fix this? I could never get a straight answer from her whether we'll ever see a new firmware. Especially now with new model in the horizon I don't have much hope.
wait for the next firmware she said, but did not say when its firmware out: LOL

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
speed dome start from 1/25 (i've both)

View attachment 6431
Hmm, do you know the model number of the speed dome that you have? Looks like a lot of different model numbers out there, yet they all pretty much have the same specs listed. Perhaps each model number uses a different camera module inside the housing, some of which may offer different specs.

korakora

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hmm, do you know the model number of the speed dome that you have? Looks like a lot of different model numbers out there, yet they all pretty much have the same specs listed. Perhaps each model number uses a different camera module inside the housing, some of which may offer different specs.
for a speed dome i'm buy this model

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/PTZ-Camera-20X-Optical-Zoom-CCTV-2MP-IP-Camera-outdoor-waterproof-middle-speed-dome-camera/1248007_32301202576.html

you may not see a review that i ever review here
perhaps with this short video will help decision for you choose between the bullet and dome models :)
*sorry i've to convert video to low resolution so i can easily upload it to youtube

ptz speed bullet vs speed dome

speed dome extra fiture

jptheking

n3wb
Reaction score
Has any of you tried to gain access directly to this mini ptz through scripting?
See http://www.cam-it.org/index.php?topic=7888.0
It works well with hik's (using cURL) but no way with huisun's, as far as I know.

I want to automatically change shutter speed depending upon day/night conditions. Say 1/150e at night and auto during the day. This using a pc script.

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Was in LA at midnight, and says out with carrier delivery now...of course I am 100 miles away ATM. Hope they leave a sig note so I have a chance for tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

mudflap5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Trying to get this camera working with my nvr. Using the Huisun 3x ptz with a Hik DS-7108. Got the picture to display but cannot ptz to work. Went to:

Menu:
Camera:
Camera Management:

There is no option that says PTZ.

Anyone get ptz working with the DS-7108?

Firmware is v3.0.7.

Thanks

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
There are no special options to enable PTZ, it just works in the main live view, at least in my NVR

mudflap5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On the live view screen on the nvr, there is no (up, down ,left, right zoom in, zoom out) icon to control it.

Tried it on the web interface and it works fine.

Do you know what version FW you are using?

Read thru the manual. When you left click the live view screen, the tool bar appears at the bottom of the screen. The manual shows that one of the icons on the tool bar is a dome camera, to control the PTZ. When I bring up the tool bar, there is no "dome" icon.:mad-new:

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
3.4.0 but it worked in previous firmware too. Can you post a screenshot of your live view page?

mudflap5

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Maybe a config. setting issue. Went to the "Edit IP Camera:

IP cam # D1
Adding Method Manual
IP address 10.10.xxx.xxx
Protocol Hikvision
Manage Port 8000
Channel Port 1
User xxxxxxx
Admin Password xxxxxxx

Does that look right?

Try to post a screen shot later if needed.