Mini PTZ camera impressions! 2015 PTZ camera of the year? AVOID THIS CAMERA

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have this connected up to a ds-7104sn/p but cannot seem to get any ptz controls via the ivms4500 app on my mobile, says not supported by the device, any ideas?

*EDIT*

appears that particular nvr does not support pTZ controls,
Interesting. 7108 has ptz controls. Second thing I found is 7104 doesn't have nat configuration setting in the ivms 4200.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I received my PTZ via DHL today and it was beat to hell too. I haven't mounted it yet but so far it seems to be working.

I do have one question though. Are all 4 LEDs supposed to light up or just the bottom 2? The larger 2 on top don't seem to be working on mine.

Thanks!

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
2 leds for tele and 2 for wide coverage. Try using zoom to see how they work

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I received my PTZ via DHL today and it was beat to hell too. I haven't mounted it yet but so far it seems to be working.

I do have one question though. Are all 4 LEDs supposed to light up or just the bottom 2? The larger 2 on top don't seem to be working on mine.

Thanks!

It uses 2 IRs for near and the other 2 for zoom view. Don't think it uses all 4 at once.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Good to know. Was just a little concerned considering the condition I received it. Thanks!
No problem. It will be nice if they start packing the cameras inside a shipping box like every other vendor I have purchased from in Aliexpress. So far so good, but sooner or later someone is going to receive a damaged camera due to shipping.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
No problem. It will be nice if they start packing the cameras inside a shipping box like every other vendor I have purchased from in Aliexpress. So far so good, but sooner or later someone is going to receive a damaged camera due to shipping.
Reminded me to send a note to Monica to request better packing for two cameras that are about to be shipped.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Got two more. 3x & 10x zoom. Both look identical except LED lens and the lens itself. As well Hikvision NVR. Arrived the same day. Once again flawless experience from Monica. The packaging was slightly better, but still needs some room for improvement.

Both work flawlessly in Hikvision NVR after some messing around. The camera wouldn't detect because they assign automatically IP 192.168.0.99. You can see how wide is the new cam.

1st Camera with - zoomed out

2nd Camera - zoomed out

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
and one more for a good measure comparing angle to 2.8mm 2cd2332-I, so while PTZ rated 3mm it looks like its wider due to sensor size.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Those are really nice cams for the money. I just hope they last like Hik cams. Anyone get these fully working with BI yet?

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Those are really nice cams for the money. I just hope they last like Hik cams. Anyone get these fully working with BI yet?
BI customer support is working/looking into my camera to try to get PTZ controls working and added to BI. I'm sending them as much information I can to help, so hopefully I'll hear something in the near future. I'll post any updates.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
To get these working with BI, would be icing on the cake!!

ahadata

n3wb
Reaction score
Well got it up'n running together with my synology NAS DS412+ and Surveillance station 7.1Beta
At first great disapointment as the cam wasnt recognized bu surv-station. But booting the camera did it
Now its there with all controls available

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It uses same protocols. PTZ works fine in IVMS, so it should work in BI, unless BI doesn't support PTZ for Hikvision camers
As of now, PTZ controls in BI for this camera do not work using the Hikvision protocols options available. I've tried all kind of different combinations and ports, but haven't got them working yet. BI customer support is trying to get them to work, or at least explain how to set it up once they get a chance to remote to my camera. At the same time, this is the first PTZ I tried to control with BI, so maybe I'm doing something wrong.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I meant that perhaps BI does not support PTZ controls yet for any of Hikvision cams? I don't use BI, so I am just speculating.

On a different subject, found a bug where name of the mini PTZ doesn't come in NVR, there is just icon, so when you have more then 1 of these cams, you don't know which icon is for which cam

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I got Ptz controls working in tiny cam pro. Initially I was setting the cam as hikvision ptz which didn't work. Today I was setting up again and used network search feature it detected as onvif with functional ptz controls.

ttumms123

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, Just wondering a 7108ni-sn/p NVR can power this mini PTZ camera? Is the poe (802.3af) power enough for this ptz motorized camera?