Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I thought so.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score

Just another update
our store will have discount on 12.12th,if you buy ,i will give you good price,2nd generation quotation will give you before 12.25th,i hope that you will introduce more friends to buy our camera,
thank you in advance

Best regards
Monica wen

ElGato

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Then I suppose I'm waiting for another shoe to drop. How long was the delay from delivery to invoice?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
They wouldn't deliver without payment first. I paid online whilst I was on holiday and arranged for shipment to happen when I was back home. When the driver turned up he asked for payment as he hadn't been notified. When I told him I paid online he wanted the reference number.

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Aw..then this is reaffirmation that I'm special! ;) Thanks ElGato!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i connect camera Huisun 2MP 10X PTZ in nvr 7808n-e2 and client pc ivms 4200.
I activated continuous recording and motion detect, but into ivms 4200 "playback remoto" I do not have record in search "playback vca";
It is not supported?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I've had a few days with the Huisun 2MP 10x PTZ bullets, after it took the US postal service a complete 7 day week to move the cameras north 400 miles for delivery. DHL brought it from China all the way to the USA and handed it off to the post office in half a weekend. That is public versus private sector efficiency for you.

The image quality is fine but the firmware is lacking in many ways.

First, I tried configuring it with Chrome, where the web interface appears to be working but it actually is not because the plugin is required to change any settings and it will just silently fail to change settings if you are using Chrome. No big deal, I switched to firefox.

Then I started analyzing their proprietary/undocumented HTTP API and the damned thing requires each request to include an API key of sorts that only their web plugin can generate. I haven't been able to figure out how the key is generated and haven't gotten a response from the email I sent to Huisun.

Oh, and they don't seem to have a URL where you can request a jpeg snapshot.

So today we brought one of the cams up to its final position on a mountain and installed it and turned on FTP snapshot uploads. Every single snapshot is corrupt and worthless. So I'm going to have to have to rig a PC up there to pull h264 and extract snapshots from that, and it will probably have to be Blue Iris because at least Blue Iris has a working PTZ implementation for this camera.

I am very disappointed with Huisun right now.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, so apparently you CAN get jpeg snapshots via http but it has 3 problems. The snapshot is only 1280x720 resolution. The snapshot is only updated when the Onvif client asks for the snapshot URL. Requesting the snapshot does not require authentication.

What a joke.

FYI, the url is http://x.x.x.x/snapshot/snapshot_onvif.jpg

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Yup, firmware is lacking, but it's not Hikvision afterall and we have to lower our expectations. I am still curious if it would be possible to install Hikvision firmware somehow, this would make this cam perfect.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup, firmware is lacking, but it's not Hikvision afterall and we have to lower our expectations. I am still curious if it would be possible to install Hikvision firmware somehow, this would make this cam perfect.
Yeah it would.

I doubt it is compatible though.

Just tried reducing the FPS a lot so I could transcode the video efficiently on a low power PC, and if I set the FPS below 5 FPS, the video stream isn't stable. 5 FPS seems to be okay.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
That URL format doesn't work for me. What firmware do you have?
Are you sure? I have latest firmware and it works, seems like a security hole. It should really prompt for a username /password

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That URL format doesn't work for me. What firmware do you have?
Maybe you have to first open the camera in ONVIF device manager once. That program will request the snapshot URL from the camera, then request a snapshot. That is how I discovered the URL... by sniffing the traffic with wireshark.

Anyway, the camera's version info is:

Program Version
V1.0.2 Build 201509160901
Control Version
MiniPtz_V1.0.2_build201509241507
Web Page Version
1.1.1 Build 20150924
Plugin Version

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I get a 404 error, with current and older versions of the firmware.

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
how are you.yes we will have discount from 12/11 to 12/13.pls introduce morr friend to buy
Thank you for your support.
Have a good day
Best regards
Monica wen

Futaba

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The URL gives me a JPG picture without me logging in. But the picture is from 3 days ago. I tried a few things and it didn't refresh the JPG.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Again, from what I could tell the snapshot at http://x.x.x.x/snapshot/snapshot_onvif.jpg only gets updated when an ONVIF-speaking program asks the camera for the snapshot URL. ONVIF device manager for example does this when you open the camera. The request for the snapshot URL is repeated when you click on the small thumbnail image, causing the camera to refresh the snapshot.

So it makes sense if you have never opened the camera with this tool before then the URL would not load anything. It probably also clears the snapshot when the camera reboots, but maybe not?