Mini PTZ camera impressions! 2015 PTZ camera of the year? AVOID THIS CAMERA

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The self test is a good thing, I allows for correct calibrations and stop limits, most quality ptz will do a self calibration on startup, that you have no control over.

I've never needed to change the server port, but agreed that's should be adjustable.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I prefer to have an option to disable it. As far as port goes, I've modified that port on all my cams. Tried to do it via IVMS-4200, but got an error... Sent my feedback to Monica, hopefully she'll pass this to someone.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm sure it has to be possible as I've been in contact with Monica for a few days and she has sent me various different camera logins for different cameras so view the picture quality.

Each one uses a different port

Unless this is different?

Eg the first used port 8000

The second 8070 and the third 8090

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
huisuncctv.cn:8070

huisuncctv.cn:8090

I think they've changed on as the 8070 one was the 2mp ptz with auto tracking

But just got a message saying that is the dome but I haven't looked so not sure if they changed it today as it was definitely the ptz 2mp one as I was playing around with it yesterday.

It's very laggy but I'd assume that is to do with the upload speeds of there

Other than that it's seems decent enough for the price

Obviously reliability and longevity are key which are unknown as I don't own one yet but am seriously considering it

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
huisuncctv.cn:8070

huisuncctv.cn:8090
Those are http/https ports. I am referring to server port (default 8000) which is used by IVMS software. It's missing in the UI and cannot be edited, but at least it works.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No, but if Hikvision camera works there, this one will too
From my limited remote test/view of this mini ptz and the 2mp version with auto tracking its basically a customised version of the hikvision gui using hikvision protocols.

It is stripped back and doesn't have as many features but it does work with ivms and the ptz controls work.
I have been assured by Monica that they work perfectly with hikvision nvr's

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
From my limited remote test/view of this mini ptz and the 2mp version with auto tracking its basically a customised version of the hikvision gui using hikvision protocols.

It is stripped back and doesn't have as many features but it does work with ivms and the ptz controls work.
I have been assured by Monica that they work perfectly with hikvision nvr's
yup, works well with ivms, my only concern is firmware. Monica said it's the latest firmware and contact her if newer firmware is needed, but I've tried that before and resellers become unresponsive after sometime. I would much rather have a site where I can download it, or ideally if someone could figure out how to hack this and upgrade with hikvision firmware.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If anyone with one of these cameras wants me to test it with my Dahua NVR I can.

Mel42

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yup, works well with ivms, my only concern is firmware. Monica said it's the latest firmware and contact her if newer firmware is needed, but I've tried that before and resellers become unresponsive after sometime. I would much rather have a site where I can download it, or ideally if someone could figure out how to hack this and upgrade with hikvision firmware.
The Huisun web site shows a "download center" link but it does not go anywhere, hopefully when there is an update this is where we can get it.
http://www.huisuncctv.com/en/map.asp

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I can see where your coming from with firmware and It would be handy if that download section came alive.

Although I am generally not someone to mess with the firmware unless there is a major issue.

My 2 hik bullets are still on 5.1 as I haven't seen the need to upgrade.

Plus the fact I'm not entirely sure if they are international or hacked Chinese versions!!

I've had that before with sellers not being interested after a few months.
But saying that I bought a analogue cam for my parents from a reputable seller in the UK.

After a few attempts at rectifying an issue after 6 months they stopped responding and weren't interested!
That went in the bin and I got one from AE better chip more feature at half the price and that's still going strong 5 years on.

It's swings and roundabouts.

You pay your money and take your chance.

Monica seems a decent enough person initially so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and order one of the 2mp ptz's

And maybe splash out on a hik nvr as well.

EXPENSIVE THIS HOBBY!!! :)

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Expensive indeed, just bought hik nvr, two 4MP domes and this one... will probably get another mini ptz once I get everything else mounted. As far as firmware goes, I'd like them to fix Chrome compatibility (besides the live view, you can't even edit settings) and include the configuration for server port, aside from that I am happy with it.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So these new PTZ POE cameras dont require separate wiring to control the PTZ and can do it via the gui?

Would this have smart tracking or is that only found in hik ptz?

Thanks

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
no separate wiring. I am just using POE connection and no smart tracking.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So these new PTZ POE cameras dont require separate wiring to control the PTZ and can do it via the gui?

Would this have smart tracking or is that only found in hik ptz?

Thanks
The slightly more expensive dome ones I've been looking at have the auto tracking and zoom

It's just the mini ptz ones that don't

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Expensive indeed, just bought hik nvr, two 4MP domes and this one... will probably get another mini ptz once I get everything else mounted. As far as firmware goes, I'd like them to fix Chrome compatibility (besides the live view, you can't even edit settings) and include the configuration for server port, aside from that I am happy with it.
I also asked about chrome.
It's to do with Google removing npapi comparability from their browser
This requires developers to 're write all their plugins.
So hopefully it will be done at some point but that's basically their web gui so won't need firmware update.

Although I can't see this happening until other browsers go the same route

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Spoke with Monica, the dome which has auto tracking is not POE, powered by a 12vdc adapter. Would have been nice if it was all POE including the ptz.

Also a Little pricey at $330 plus shipping.

Anyone know the hik equivalence to this with auto smart tracking? The Bullet is for sure worth it, if someone is in the market for a ptz.