Mini PTZ camera impressions! 2015 PTZ camera of the year? AVOID THIS CAMERA

HotRodDiesels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
To be completely honest I'm a Noob that has no idea how to do that..... ;)

I got a message from Monica saying they are on vacation for a week.

Your welcome to play with my camera. Pm for address and login. I have it mounted on my balcony in the condo.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Mel42

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not having much luck with Motion Detection configuration. At least it works only when configured from NVR in my case, and overwrites settings in the camera interface, but uses camera settings to send out email. When try to disable it in NVR and enable it in the camera itself it doesn't work. The reason why I wanted to this is to avoid NVR overwriting camera settings whenever there is motion.

Sensitivity is finicky, I am still testing out, but it looks like it needs to be pretty low to reduce multiple emails. Unfortunately, NVR has values from 0-5 where the camera setting is from 0-100, so it increments by 20 only.
I have found that setting the motion through the NVR on the lowest setting shows a sensitivity of zero on the cam through the PC interface as it should and does not record motion, if I then increase it to 1 through the PC interface and save it will record motion and the setting sticks. Not sure if it is really just 1 sensitivity but it is better than if I set it to 10 through just the NVR.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Tried setting patrol mode from my NVR. Just set the path and then you can go between points. Also can set speed as well as time to wait between points. Works really well

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I got motion detection working to my preference, still there is too many false alarms during dusk/dawn and NVR resetting bitrate/fps whenever there is motion, creating bunch of log entries too

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Has anyone tried using it in Tiny Cam Monitor Pro and port forwarding? I am also working with the developer, but so far this is what I have:

1. Works in Hikvision profile but PTZ controls are not working in Lan/Wan, RTSP port can be anything
2. Works with Onvif profile with PTZ controls, but only on LAN, doesn't work on WAN if port is not 554
3. Works with Onvif profile with PTZ controls, on Wan/Lan only if port is set to default 554, obviously this allows me to use only one cam with port forwarding. I'll see if I can get this configured with port mapping

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Has anyone tried using it in Tiny Cam Monitor Pro and port forwarding? I am also working with the developer, but so far this is what I have:

1. Works in Hikvision profile but PTZ controls are not working in Lan/Wan, RTSP port can be anything
2. Works with Onvif profile with PTZ controls, but only on LAN, doesn't work on WAN if port is not 554
3. Works with Onvif profile with PTZ controls, on Wan/Lan only if port is set to default 554, obviously this allows me to use only one cam with port forwarding. I'll see if I can get this configured with port mapping
Had this issue earlier and @fenderman pointed me to the right direction. Try enabling basic authentication under configuration > safety > RTSP Authentication tab. It is disabled by default, whereas Hiks cameras is on. Let me know if it works.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
seconded! it looks great!
Has anyone had luck with PTZ on Blue Iris?
Does Blue Iris have Onvif? I would assume so, because that's one way I got it to work with Tiny Cam Pro

- - - Updated - - -

Had this issue earlier and @fenderman pointed me to the right direction. Try enabling basic authentication under configuration > safety > RTSP Authentication tab. It is disabled by default, whereas Hiks cameras is on. Let me know if it works.
That looks promising. I will give it a shot. Again, it's annoying I can't make any changes from work due to damn activex plugin which is being blocked by anti virus.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Nope, still no luck. Also tried NAT to map ports and still can't get it to work outside the network.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Nope, still no luck. Also tried NAT to map ports and still can't get it to work outside the network.
I can also say that I am getting the same results. It's stupid how using ONVIF profile you cannot customize the RTSP port in Tiny Cam Monitor. I'm using ONVIFR. Seems to work outside but my camera has a security flaw with RTSP feeds. For whatever reason, I changed the admin password, but it still logging in with the default username and password. Turning on RTSP Authentication doesn't do anything. It just locks out the RTSP feed.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I can also say that I am getting the same results. It's stupid how using ONVIF profile you cannot customize the RTSP port. I'm using ONVIFR. Seems to work outside but my camera has a security flaw with RTSP feeds. For whatever reason, I changed the admin password, but it still logging in with the default username and password. Turning on RTSP Authentication doesn't do anything. It just locks out the RTSP feed.
Could you send him email that you are having this issue too with not being able to change RTSP port? I also emailed him the log http://tinycammonitor.com/contacts.html

Last edited by a moderator:

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
... I changed the admin password, but it still logging in with the default username and password. ...
I noticed that when I created a new user account I had to restart the camera to be able to use the account. Maybe is the same for password changes.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Need some advice, so AHD that I bought isn't compatible with my client's swan system. So I messaged Monica asking if I can return it (i pay shipping) and pay extra for the IP version.

She said no. no return unless you buy 10 pcs. Should I file a dispute?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Need some advice, so AHD that I bought isn't compatible with my client's swan system. So I messaged Monica asking if I can return it (i pay shipping) and pay extra for the IP version.

She said no. no return unless you buy 10 pcs. Should I file a dispute?
Technically they dont have a return policy unless its not as described, which is not the case here. You will have to eat the cost. Some credit card companies will allow you to return an item to them even if the merchant does not have a return policy or the time to return has expired.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Technically they dont have a return policy unless its not as described, which is not the case here. You will have to eat the cost. Some credit card companies will allow you to return an item to them even if the merchant does not have a return policy or the time to return has expired.
I thought about going that route, and saying that the camera doesn't have a network jack (that's a given with AHD) but it also doesn't have a OSD menu as advertised, but...that's not really my main issue, so you guys think I should eat the cost?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought about going that route, and saying that the camera doesn't have a network jack (that's a given with AHD) but it also doesn't have a OSD menu as advertised, but...that's not really my main issue, so you guys think I should eat the cost?
Shipping back to china will be expensive..just sell it on ebay...I think you need to be fair to the seller, the camera was advertised as AHD, not a network camera. Did you connect it to an AHD dvr to confirm there is no OSD menu?